Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
I tried to order the new iphone at 12:01am friday morning but both Apple and ATT sites were down. I'm trying to get iPhone 6 + 128GB. Its 3 to 4 weeks now and I ordered it anyway. Anybody going down to ATT stores in the morning of 19th? Rumors has it that it will be better to get it ATT store than Apple. What is your take?

have you tried calling target? I asked the cell phone guy about it on Saturday and the store near me only had 1 pre-order! If choosing between the others, I would def go to ATT before Apple....

GregJA

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
so i am wondering if this is normal...

ok, since I preordered the phone on Friday I have had the amount owing show up on my card statement under "authorized transactions". then today it disappeared from there but never moved to posted transactions.... but on my card statement it shows (under available credit left) that I have been charged for the phone.

anyone know whats going on?
still shows preparing for shipping 19/9-23/9
no tracking through reference available

Skittlebug

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
I ordered two iphone 6 pluses ( ATT) from the apple app on my phone at 3:22 am and 3:25 am EST. One is a 128GB gold and the other is a 64GB silver.
When I track by reference on the UPS site using my home phone number, I just get one shipping label created. The weight is 1.40kgs. Its coming from : Apple LO35 NPI RESI, Mount Juliet, TN, US
Anyone in a similar situation? Has any iphone ever shipped from TN?

Update: BTW both phones say ' Preparing for shipment' on the Apple site

Mine is coming from Mount Juliet, TN as well.

TheLazy

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
What's the benefit of knowing the serial number? Can you use that to track the package containing an order from apple?

Lifesuxsbad

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Blah!

Ordered about 2:45 central time 6 plus 128 gig says delivers on 19th but still no tracking info but I know my ups man so he is gonna be looking for it and call me when he has it so I can meet that morning and get it early.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
If your iPhone is already in the United States (they have had both 6's and 6 pluses in the US for weeks), then you likely won't see a tracking number, or even the "preparing for shipment" phase for a while. I know mine has been sitting in Pennsylvania for a while now. Apple hasn't provided me a tracking number, but using my phone number on UPS got it for me. Packagemapping.com provides way more information than the UPS website, hence how I know my phone is in Pennsylvania.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the grab had ended up calling them. I did see that but it was a constant login loop for me thought I was in the wrong place. It turns out because only my shipping label has been created I can't do it yet until it's in route. So after changing it for pickup did you get an estimated delivery that you can pick it up? Also what's needed as I won't be home would like the wife to get it if she can (I'm the one on the MyChoice account though)?

They will ask for a photo ID. Not sure if only the addressee can pick up or not.

rv0005

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for the grab had ended up calling them. I did see that but it was a constant login loop for me thought I was in the wrong place. It turns out because only my shipping label has been created I can't do it yet until it's in route. So after changing it for pickup did you get an estimated delivery that you can pick it up? Also what's needed as I won't be home would like the wife to get it if she can (I'm the one on the MyChoice account though)?

actually i was able to do a will call pickup before my device is in transit. Are you a free mychoice member or a premium member. I am premium. We get more options than the free. Ie 2hour delivery window and other options.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
They will ask for a photo ID. Not sure if only the addressee can pick up or not.
I'm assuming of whoever is on the MyChoice account. Ugh.
actually i was able to do a will call pickup before my device is in transit. Are you a free mychoice member or a premium member. I am premium. We get more options than the free. Ie 2hour delivery window and other options.
I signed up when an offer popped up over on slickdeals I honestly don't even know. I think it was paid but free with a code or promo offer. It's odd because I called and they told me the same thing over the phone that since only the labels created it isn't in their hands yet and they/I cant do anything until it is.

tpabrad

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
so i am wondering if this is normal...

ok, since I preordered the phone on Friday I have had the amount owing show up on my card statement under "authorized transactions". then today it disappeared from there but never moved to posted transactions.... but on my card statement it shows (under available credit left) that I have been charged for the phone.

anyone know whats going on?
still shows preparing for shipping 19/9-23/9
no tracking through reference available

This seems common for transactions on a bank account, at least I've seen it commonly happen in my history. I initially had both transactions procession. By this morning only one was showing and the other one disappeared. If history proves right tomorrow they will both show as completed. I tend to throw Mondays away in my account history because nothing ever clears after a weekend until Tuesday (even stuff from Friday).

shadowgirl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
did Apple use UPS at all last year? I seem to only remember FedEx.

Both times I have preordered it has been UPS. Not saying others haven't gotten theirs by FedEx but mine has never been FedEx and it shows UPS this time also.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Sorry to jump off topic a bit, but I ordered the night of the preorders from apple. I've been at preparing for shipment since Sunday afternoon. I just thought about something and hopefully someone can chime in. My AT&T billing cycle ended today, but it will take a few days for the bill to post and it will be due on October 11th. If the new cell bill posts before the phone is shipped, would the order be stopped? If there is a chance then I'd rather go ahead and pay my bill before it posts and just have a credit with AT&T that will cover the bill.

shadowgirl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
have fun!! I'm so jealous!

anyone else order a 6+ 64 gold haze?!?

did anyone even order white?!? I quite liked my white 5 but ready for an imminent break up with it on FRIDAY!!

I am jealous that you are getting gold. It is too long a store but I so wanted gold so so so bad lol but ordered 6 + 64 space gray. BUT in about a month, someone in my family is ordering the gold and then we are switching. I heard gold would be hard to get so the short story (has a longer story lol) is I decided to order space gray.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
did Apple use UPS at all last year? I seem to only remember FedEx.
I remember the my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 both came through FedEx. I liked them because I was guaranteed the package before 10am.

although I haven't gotten my tracking info yet so not sure what mine is going through.

blhoward2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Sorry to jump off topic a bit, but I ordered the night of the preorders from apple. I've been at preparing for shipment since Sunday afternoon. I just thought about something and hopefully someone can chime in. My AT&T billing cycle ended today, but it will take a few days for the bill to post and it will be due on October 11th. If the new cell bill posts before the phone is shipped, would the order be stopped? If there is a chance then I'd rather go ahead and pay my bill before it posts and just have a credit with AT&T that will cover the bill.

Are you seriously asking if you don't pay your bill before its mailed whether your order will be halted? Take a breath... AT&T will let you order a phone so long as your balance isn't 30 days past due, let alone 3 weeks before its due.

tpabrad

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010

Based on the overwhelming number of people who are in the same status it likely has nothing to do with your billing cycle. Seems like a number of units are in the country already per a previous post which may be why so many are showing in preparing shipment this late. I know previous preorders I had came from China and showed up tracking over the weekend after ordering.

chunheisiu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Still at "Preparing for Shipment"... iPhone 6 64GB Silver
Anyone located in the west coast (I'm in CA) have the same situation?
Just want to know if the shipments to the west usually ship later.

P.S. The Spigen case for iPhone 6 has already arrived

rv0005

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I'm assuming of whoever is on the MyChoice account. Ugh.

I signed up when an offer popped up over on slickdeals I honestly don't even know. I think it was paid but free with a code or promo offer. It's odd because I called and they told me the same thing over the phone that since only the labels created it isn't in their hands yet and they/I cant do anything until it is.

see not in transit still order ready but my hold for pickup has been requested. I do pay 40 or 45 a year for my choice premium but for me its well worth.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 9.19.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 9.19.20 PM.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 177
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.