Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhenom

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Are you logged in? You need to select the change delivery option then select hold for will call.

How does this work? I have never had UPS hold my package before and it worries me I will not get it 9/19 if I have them hold it. Is there a certain time I have to wait too pick it up? As much infeo a possible please. Thanks

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
How does this work? I have never had UPS hold my package before and it worries me I will not get it 9/19 if I have them hold it. Is there a certain time I have to wait too pick it up? As much infeo a possible please. Thanks

It's simple. Just select change delivery and select hold for will call and you can select a local ups center that you can pick up your phone from. Packages are usually available for pick up around 8:30AM on the date of delivery.

It's a great option if you know you won't be home to accept the package or if your driver usually shows up late.

bmayes04

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Does anyone else have an arrival scan right after a departure scan in zhengzhou like I do?
Not worried, just seems odd.

Location ZhengZhou, China

Date Local Time Activity
09/15/2014 11:15 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/15/2014 11:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/15/2014 9:46 P.M. Location Scan
09/15/2014 10:00 A.M. Origin Scan

jehrler

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Does anyone else have an arrival scan right after a departure scan in zhengzhou like I do?
Not worried, just seems odd.

Location ZhengZhou, China

Date Local Time Activity
09/15/2014 11:15 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/15/2014 11:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/15/2014 9:46 P.M. Location Scan
09/15/2014 10:00 A.M. Origin Scan

My recollection from prior years is that it is UPS driving the semi from the factory to the airport or the equivalent. Very common.

buck1127

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2011
My recollection from prior years is that it is UPS driving the semi from the factory to the airport or the equivalent. Very common.

If that's the case it more then likely that they will drive it to Hong Kong international then fly out to anchorage. So we may not see anymore updates until tomorrow

bmayes04

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011

Makes perfect sense. I obviously didn't put enough thought into it. Maybe I am a little anxious haha. Thanks you.

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
Madison, GA
The delivery option was not available at 4:20am on Friday but I will be picking it up at the Apple Store on Friday. The status has not changed and I'll be looking for the notification that it's ready to pickup.

backfire103

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Got the exact same thing and mine isn't on UPS or support. Perhaps it is the Sprint models making it a little slower. It also took longer to hit preparing for shipment than my husband's who is on AT&T and has both a tracking and a serial number). That's okay though, it still says it will be here on the 19th so I am confident Apple will have it at my door that day.

Same deal. I ordered a 6+ 64gb on Sprint at 4:00AM est. Its preparing for shipment as of yesterday still quoted at 9/19. But I still have yet to see anything on my support profile or ups tracking. Hang in there we'll get through this!

s8film40

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
I ordered about 12:30 PST. I actually ended up placing two separate orders one for a 64GB Space Gray iPhone 6 and a separate order for a case. The interesting thing is it automatically changed the ship to address to a UPS Store box I have which is what's on my ATT account and was showing the case ships to my home. This is no big deal but I would prefer it ship to my home. When I check the tracking number for the case it shows two packages, I was able to look up the other and both show as coming to my house and both are currently in TN. So now I am assuming that the second is possibly the iPhone. Does anyone know how the shipping works if you had a different ship to on file with the Apple Store than what is on file with ATT?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Are you logged in? You need to select the change delivery option then select hold for will call.

Thanks for the grab had ended up calling them. I did see that but it was a constant login loop for me thought I was in the wrong place. It turns out because only my shipping label has been created I can't do it yet until it's in route. So after changing it for pickup did you get an estimated delivery that you can pick it up? Also what's needed as I won't be home would like the wife to get it if she can (I'm the one on the MyChoice account though)?

iPhenom

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
It's simple. Just select change delivery and select hold for will call and you can select a local ups center that you can pick up your phone from. Packages are usually available for pick up around 8:30AM on the date of delivery.

It's a great option if you know you won't be home to accept the package or if your driver usually shows up late.

Guess I am afraid it will get messed up

jehrler

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
If that's the case it more then likely that they will drive it to Hong Kong international then fly out to anchorage. So we may not see anymore updates until tomorrow

It is a VERY long way to Hong Kong (see map below). UPS has a daily 767 from ZHCC to ICN.

You can see the arrivals at ICN here:

http://www.airport.kr/airport/fligh...plane=&hh1=00&mm1=00&hh2=24&mm2=50&airline=5X

The UPS flight from ZHCC doesn't arrive until 19:50 local. It is about a 2 hour flight. It is now 10:00 local. So if these phones have been transported to the airport in ZHCC they will not move for another 8 hours, assuming they are going on UPS aircraft (and not a China Southern charter on behalf of UPS or some other schema).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 20.01.36 .png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 20.01.36 .png
    301.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

appleipadair

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
ATT Stores

I tried to order the new iphone at 12:01am friday morning but both Apple and ATT sites were down. I'm trying to get iPhone 6 + 128GB. Its 3 to 4 weeks now and I ordered it anyway. Anybody going down to ATT stores in the morning of 19th? Rumors has it that it will be better to get it ATT store than Apple. What is your take?

rv0005

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I ordered two 6+ from apple.com One i had delivered to me the 16gb. The other one 64gb I am due to pickup on the 19th at my local apple store. The 16gb was guaranteed to arrive by the 19th as well. I am a premium my choice member due to the volume of shipping i do from my home for my business. I received a my choice email Saturday with the tracking number for the 16gb from UPS. It is being shipped from TN next day air saver to be delivered on the 19th. I went ahead and processed a same day will call. I will be picking up the 16gb from my local ups facility. This device is under preparing for shipment. My card has a pre auth on it for the amount of this device as well. My next device is the 64gb +. I have received a pre auth for the amount on my card; however, its still under processing status. I expect this is due to apple waiting sometime to gather the entire allotment for my local store and shipping it at the same time? Is there anyone out there that is in the same boat? Any insight or clues?

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
Well done! I found my tracking number but it's still at the "Ready for UPS" stage. Once I get a departure date, I'll check this out again.

have fun!! I'm so jealous!

anyone else order a 6+ 64 gold haze?!?

did anyone even order white?!? I quite liked my white 5 but ready for an imminent break up with it on FRIDAY!!

tpabrad

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Last time I preordered was for the 4S. I remember getting my shipping info relatively quick. I imagine things are much busier for them this time around so I'm not worried about it. Interestingly enough, I have two 6 64GB phones in preparing to ship status. I checked the profile and one of them is listed on it. I never knew about this site so it was interesting to see to begin with. Has my devices listed back to my first 3G. I checked UPS and FedEx and neither are returning results for my phone numbers. I would expect things to be updated in the next 24 hours. Since nothing clears my bank over the weekend or on Monday I would expect to see the charges finalized tomorrow as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.