Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngaham

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2011
Me too bro me too. I was hoping my iPhone would arrive in Houston by 4am so that away it can be on the truck for delivery first thing 6am.

Instead it will likely make it on the truck around 8:30am to 9:30am.

I'm really bummed because when I preordered the Note 3 last year, it didn't arrive on release day. The status was out for delivery but when 6:50pm came I called Fedex and they said the driver likely wouldn't make it.

I was pissed so I drove to 3 different fedex locations till I found a location that had my "package" (Note 3) and then bam I got it on release day.

It still pisses me off, and to be honest I prefer UPS, cause they will usually deliver up to 10pm on busy days, rather than get lazy and screwing the customer over.

That sucks!! I had a FedEx package delivered today and they came around 0900. I am hoping that they will arrive that early this morning. I have my signature release on the front door in case I don't make it to the door or hear it. Ironically, up until last night my delivery showed it would arrive by 1500. Now, it says it will arrive by 2000 so I am not sure what to expect.

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
That sucks!! I had a FedEx package delivered today and they came around 0900. I am hoping that they will arrive that early this morning. I have my signature release on the front door in case I don't make it to the door or hear it. Ironically, up until last night my delivery showed it would arrive by 1500. Now, it says it will arrive by 2000 so I am not sure what to expect.

Well if your Fedex driver isn't lazy you'll get your package. :)

samg77

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Verizon store opens at 8. My daughter and I are here and no one else is. Cannot believe noone is here. I pre-ordered, but my ship date is 10/21. Hoping to get one today!!!!

are you sure verizon will have stock on top of pre-orders?

icanhasiphone?

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
San Diego, CA
So my phone left Newark about 10 hours ago and no updates since then. Where did you go iPhone?!?!?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 1.44.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 1.44.26 AM.png
    130 KB · Views: 52

mastercheif91

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Uh, is anyone else's phone still stuck in Newark who isn't in the NYC metropolitan area? I live about an hour outside of Buffalo, NY (which is the closest major airport as well) and I haven't seen any movement since my package arrived at Newark tonight at 11:22 pm. I tried checking flightaware and flightstats for FedEx flights leaving Newark to either Buffalo or Rochester and I got nothing.

Tix4Stf.png

Another thing scaring me is that while the FedEx website is saying that I will receive my package tomorrow by 8PM, the iPhone package tracking app Slice is saying that the expected delivery date is Saturday

3tjHjc2l.png

Obviously I give more credence to the official site, but the fact that it's still stuck 500 miles away at this point is starting to scare me.

Millionaire2K

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
Uh, is anyone else's phone still stuck in Newark who isn't in the NYC metropolitan area? I live about an hour outside of Buffalo, NY (which is the closest major airport as well) and I haven't seen any movement since my package arrived at Newark tonight at 11:22 pm. I tried checking flightaware and flightstats for FedEx flights leaving Newark to either Buffalo or Rochester and I got nothing.

Another thing scaring me is that while the FedEx website is saying that I will receive my package tomorrow by 8PM, the iPhone package tracking app Slice is saying that the expected delivery date is Saturday

Obviously I give more credence to the official site, but the fact that it's still stuck 500 miles away at this point is starting to scare me.

They might have drove the shipment to your area. So it would arrive around 6-7am just in time to make the morning trucks.

Also they might have not scanned it again.

Best bet would be to get some sleep.

CMcC70

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
are you sure verizon will have stock on top of pre-orders?

I called them this morning and they said they would have some. It is now 4 am and just now another person showed up.

----------

All 7 of the 16gb spaceman grey's we ordered for our cats are arriving tomorrow. Dad was like "should we get them 64gb?" and mum was like "don't be ridiculous Donald, what the hell a cat gonna do with 64gb!?!?"

----------

No one else there? Just break in and get 'em then. Cause no one gonna see. We won't tell.
There is a security guard. Lol. He said "I can't believe people come out this early for a phone."

Erpeters3

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
At order said 9/19. Email said 10/7. No progress for days. Called Wednesday and online orders said it'd ship for today. No dice. Suddenly yesterday changed to 10/14. This am back to 10/10. So much for the email bring sacred. Enjoy your new babies the stork is bringing today.

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
At order said 9/19. Email said 10/7. No progress for days. Called Wednesday and online orders said it'd ship for today. No dice. Suddenly yesterday changed to 10/14. This am back to 10/10. So much for the email bring sacred. Enjoy your new babies the stork is bringing today.

Here is my situation...

At order said 9/19. Email said 10/7. No progress for days. Suddenly yesterday changed to 10/7. This am back to 10/3.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
So does FedEx take a while to update their status? Since 7pm it's said it's been departed from Newark. Newark is only 90 minutes from me and the last update was at 7pm last night. Strange

But no reason to worry.......right guys? Lol this is my first iPhone pre order so all this is news to me. Says delivery by 8pm but FedEx usually stops around noon or 1.

Last edited:

sparke27

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Today's the big day. Hope everyone has luck in getting their phone!
It's been a fun ride this year. Everybody, have a good one!

lsu2016

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
I was told tonight that if I had to go to the Verizon store to get a phone if my preorder didn't ship, go ahead and get the phone, and if there was one available, wait until you're just about to complete the transaction, then call to cancel the preorder. However, I was adding a line. If I recall, once the salesperson confirms they have a phone for you, they may be able to cancel the preorder right then and there to restore eligibility.

thats my case also, sitting in line right now. only 7 people here and the store said they only have 5 + and not even in the 128gb. they did say however that theres a decent amount of regular ones. i just called and cancelled my order since i placed it online the store itself can't access that apparently.

Yungblue17

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
It's been real guys! I hope everyone enjoys their iPhones as much as I will. I enjoyed talking to you guys. Take it easy and I just may talk to you all next year peace out.

lsu2016

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
[/COLOR]
There is a security guard. Lol. He said "I can't believe people come out this early for a phone."[/QUOTE]

Same here, security guard and 5 people in line with me.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Ready for pickup at the UPS facility! C'mon 9 o'clock...eff all that waiting around for them to deliver!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.