Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
Also, i really want to see the Florida game. i'm really wondering if they are any better than last years team.

edit--- if you're a player in trouble, no need to worry about missing any game time

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
The SEC schedule this week is a special kind of pathetic.

So was the B1G's last week. The biggest win was Penn State over UCF, wahoo!! The only game of note was against... an SEC team. The SEC starts week 1 with conference games, while most leagues play FCS/low FBS scrubs.

B1G is playing Akron (joke), CMU (a joke that is blowing out Purdue right now), Howard, Western Kentucky (which Illinois is losing to), McNeese State, Western Illinois, and low/mid tier teams like USF, Ball State, Middle Tennessee, and NIU.

There's only 3 decent B1G games this week - OSU v. VT (which is still living on its past reputation and isn't any good), Michigan vs. ND, and MSU vs. Oregon. Granted, MSU vs. Oregon is one helluva game. Especially at Oregon, ho baby.

As a Spartan fan, a win is unlikely, but possible. All I really hope is they keep it respectable.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
So was the B1G's last week. The biggest win was Penn State over UCF, wahoo!! The only game of note was against... an SEC team. The SEC starts week 1 with conference games, while most leagues play FCS/low FBS scrubs.

B1G is playing Akron (joke), CMU (a joke that is blowing out Purdue right now), Howard, Western Kentucky (which Illinois is losing to), McNeese State, Western Illinois, and low/mid tier teams like USF, Ball State, Middle Tennessee, and NIU.

There's only 3 decent B1G games this week - OSU v. VT (which is still living on its past reputation and isn't any good), Michigan vs. ND, and MSU vs. Oregon. Granted, MSU vs. Oregon is one helluva game. Especially at Oregon, ho baby.

As a Spartan fan, a win is unlikely, but possible. All I really hope is they keep it respectable.

I wasn't talking about the B1G. I was talking about the SEC. The B1G is so bad, any B1G team that loses in non-conference is eliminated from playoff contention in all likelihood. One loss B1G teams won't make a playoff over a 1 loss SEC or PAC 12 team.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Big win for USC.

Iowa barely beats the not so good Ball State.

My guys beat Western Kentucky

Northern Illinois and Northwestern still going, but NIU continues to look like a B1G team over Northwestern.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I wasn't talking about the B1G. I was talking about the SEC. The B1G is so bad, any B1G team that loses in non-conference is eliminated from playoff contention in all likelihood. One loss B1G teams won't make a playoff over a 1 loss SEC or PAC 12 team.

And I was countering that the B1G schedule isn't anything to really hold your head up high over in comparison to the SEC.

---

Well, Michigan State blew it in the second half. OSU blew it late. Michigan just blew it all day long.

Combine that with Nebraska looking mediocre, Purdue losing, Illinois and Iowa winning ugly, and Northwestern going 0-2 and this sure was a miserable day for the Big Ten. Give up and call it a year, folks.

Even if Sparty doesn't drop much and run the table, I don't see them making much noise.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
And I was countering that the B1G schedule isn't anything to really hold your head up high over in comparison to the SEC.

---

Well, Michigan State blew it in the second half. OSU blew it late. Michigan just blew it all day long.

Combine that with Nebraska looking mediocre, Purdue losing, Illinois and Iowa winning ugly, and Northwestern going 0-2 and this sure was a miserable day for the Big Ten. Give up and call it a year, folks.

Even if Sparty doesn't drop much and run the table, I don't see them making much noise.

that was a tough loss for Michigan St. They did really well handling the fast offense of Oregon and they forced them to slow down during the first half.

After 2 games I personally think Michigan St is the team to beat in the B1G. They look to be like the more complete team

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
that was a tough loss for Michigan St. They did really well handling the fast offense of Oregon and they forced them to slow down during the first half.

After 2 games I personally think Michigan St is the team to beat in the B1G. They look to be like the more complete team

I still think so, too, plus their schedule is set up for a run. Their three main games - Michigan OSU, and Nebraska - are all at home. Add that to the fact they all look incredibly shaky, as long as MSU doesn't have a prolonged post-loss letdown, they should run the table until that game in Happy Valley.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I still think so, too, plus their schedule is set up for a run. Their three main games - Michigan OSU, and Nebraska - are all at home. Add that to the fact they all look incredibly shaky, as long as MSU doesn't have a prolonged post-loss letdown, they should run the table until that game in Happy Valley.

Too little too late. The B1G is cooked unless Iowa can win out. A one loss B1G team is not going to get in over an undefeated team (probably one of the SEC teams and an FSU type team) or a one loss SEC or Pac 10 team. Like most years, the best chance for the B1G is for one team to win out.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
i feel so bad for Virginia Tech fans. Coming off a great upset over Ohio St and then they come out flat and with zero emotion against ECU. But with that said, it make ohio st look really bad in my opinion now that virginia tech lost to a good but unranked ecu team

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
i feel so bad for Virginia Tech fans. Coming off a great upset over Ohio St and then they come out flat and with zero emotion against ECU. But with that said, it make ohio st look really bad in my opinion now that virginia tech lost to a good but unranked ecu team

But isn't that what happens frequently. You so emotionally drained from a huge win the prior week that you played flat the next. You also have to give ECU their due, they were there to play and play hard.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Exciting win for South Carolina over Georgia. Florida needed 3 overtones to beat Kentucky at home. Some good games yesterday.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Exciting win for South Carolina over Georgia. Florida needed 3 overtones to beat Kentucky at home. Some good games yesterday.

Can't remember where (NYT maybe?), but saw an article calling Georgia the Charlie Brown of SEC football. So harsh, so true.

You think they're going to kick it and get over the hump and then... swish, miss, flop.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Can Clemson win now with Winston out for the entire game?

Looks like no. They blew it late and they blew it in OT on that 4th down call. I love them going for it with 4th and a half yard, but I hate that play call. QB sneak or quick run up the middle. Not a 4 yard behind the line pitch and run. So stupid.

Outside of Michigan's hilarious loss, the Big Ten had a respectable day. Oregon struggled. LSU got blown out before staging one of their epic comebacks that ended up just a little short. Interesting day of ball.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
Looks like no. They blew it late and they blew it in OT on that 4th down call. I love them going for it with 4th and a half yard, but I hate that play call. QB sneak or quick run up the middle. Not a 4 yard behind the line pitch and run. So stupid.

Outside of Michigan's hilarious loss, the Big Ten had a respectable day. Oregon struggled. LSU got blown out before staging one of their epic comebacks that ended up just a little short. Interesting day of ball.

I never realized how much I hate Florida State until last night. They clearly show that they only care about their Football program and not the actions of the players. I'm so glad Jameis Winston didn't go to Alabama. It's really clear that he is all about himself.

I watched the Michigan game and they just look horrible. I'll be surprised if their coach has a job on Monday. There is clearly some trouble on the coaching staff

I was watching the LSU game with some of my LSU buddies and lets just say, they were not happy. I would love to post what they were saying but I don't want to get banned :)

Last but not least ROLL TIDE

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
So... Mizzou... yeah. Really bad. Who would have thought the B1G team to beat an SEC team would be Indiana?

I was watching that game in complete shock. Although I am glad I made a nice bet on Indiana (points) and came out a nice winner

Also, that bet was complete luck

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
So... Mizzou... yeah. Really bad. Who would have thought the B1G team to beat an SEC team would be Indiana?

Indiana this year and last year has a video game offense. Give them enough chances and they're going to rack up points. If their defense can consistently help them, they could be dangerous, but they haven't proven they can do that game to game.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I never realized how much I hate Florida State until last night. They clearly show that they only care about their Football program and not the actions of the players. I'm so glad Jameis Winston didn't go to Alabama. It's really clear that he is all about himself.

I watched the Michigan game and they just look horrible. I'll be surprised if their coach has a job on Monday. There is clearly some trouble on the coaching staff

I was watching the LSU game with some of my LSU buddies and lets just say, they were not happy. I would love to post what they were saying but I don't want to get banned :)

Last but not least ROLL TIDE

What did you think of the Bama-Florida game? I saw examples of great play, including from Blake Sims, who has really stepped up. I also think that Jacob Coker will be a better backup for Sims than Sims was for A.J. But mistakes were costly - as Nick Saban said at his press conference today, a team can't turnover the ball and commit that many penalties and win most of the time. They were lucky that Florida couldn't put any points on the board without Alabama's help.

I'm hoping that they use the bye week to improve and heal (Sims apparently has a bruised AC joint) and get ready for Mississippi. RTR!

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
What did you think of the Bama-Florida game? I saw examples of great play, including from Blake Sims, who has really stepped up. I also think that Jacob Coker will be a better backup for Sims than Sims was for A.J. But mistakes were costly - as Nick Saban said at his press conference today, a team can't turnover the ball and commit that many penalties and win most of the time. They were lucky that Florida couldn't put any points on the board without Alabama's help.

I'm hoping that they use the bye week to improve and heal (Sims apparently has a bruised AC joint) and get ready for Mississippi. RTR!

The Bama game was fun to watch. Besides the trouble we're still having about getting plays called in the huddle, the offense looks great. I think this is the best group of WR's Bama has ever had. I really wish they would give the ball more to my favorite RB Jolston Fowler.

THANK GOD Florida couldn't get more points off of all our turnovers!!!!!!

Sims will be good to go by the Ole Miss game and I do agree the Coker will be a great backup this year. If Sims goes down Alabama has great QBs that can easily step up and play but I will miss Sims scrambling because thats something in a QB that Bama hasn't had.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.