Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I have seen people posting threads about the iPhone 6, but not how they regretted the size.

Here's one from just earlier today:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1786493/

Guy went in with the intent to get the 6 thinking the Plus would be too big, ended up with the Plus instead. It's not the only example. Like I said, if we're going to be arguing anecdotes here there are plenty on both sides to choose from. Furthermore, just watch. As the Plus gets more public exposure with people walking around with it the smaller 6 buyer's remorse will increase. Bank on it.

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013

Guy went in with the intent to get the 6 thinking the Plus would be too big, ended up with the Plus instead. It's not the only example. Like I said, if we're going to be arguing anecdotes here there are plenty on both sides to choose from. Furthermore, just watch. As the Plus gets more public exposure with people walking around with it the smaller 6 buyer's remorse will increase. Bank on it.

Did he regret the size of the 6? Did he say the iPhone 6 was too small? He simply said he was still able to grip the iPhone 6, so he went for it. He didn't necessarily "regret" his purchase.

shadowgirl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I don't buy that a lot of people regret it. I think the majority that got the 6 plus had already done their research and are people that wanting the big phone for a while and thus the size was no surprise to them (the majority in my opinion). And vice versa. I bet the people getting the 6 already knew the 6 plus would be too big for them for a while now.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013

I'll tell you this buyers remorse will not sit in with this person. I went in with full intentions of getting a 6+, but the thing is way too big. It's bigger than a note 3 which has a 5.7" screen. I knew all along I never wanted a note and for some reason I thought I'd like the 6+. Again after holding both phones on launch day and getting to choose between the 6 and 6+ ... I chose the 6. Both phones are great just the 6+ is way too big for my liking. The OIS AND THE bigger screen can't change that...

The regular 6 is just as good and the perfect size.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I doubt it's that high given demand for the Plus and the scarcity of units.

The demand for the 6+ vs. 6 is still 50:50 (at least here according to the poll) so it's more due to limited supply. So if we're seeing significantly more posts from those who have already gotten the Plus (out of the many who have not yet received their shipments), what does that tell you?

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I'll tell you this buyers remorse will not sit in with this person. I went in with full intentions of getting a 6+, but the thing is way too big. It's bigger than a note 3 which has a 5.7" screen. I knew all along I never wanted a note and for some reason I thought I'd like the 6+. Again after holding both phones on launch day and getting to choose between the 6 and 6+ ... I chose the 6. Both phones are great just the 6+ is way too big for my liking. The OIS AND THE bigger screen can't change that...

The regular 6 is just as good and the perfect size.

Nothing wrong with knowing what works for you!

----------

The demand for the 6+ vs. 6 is still 50:50 (at least here according to the poll) so it's more due to limited supply. So if we're seeing significantly more posts from those who have already gotten the Plus (out of the many who have not yet received their shipments), what does that tell you?

Nothing that we didn't already know?

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Just one ready example. But way to miss the point! Good job!

I think you missed the point. The thread was about people REGRETTING their phone purchase. The thread you linked did not show that. He simply reevaluated his decision and opted for what he preferred. He didn't necessarily get the iPhone 6 and then regretted it.

im-MAC-ulate

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
I think most people chose the 6+ due to it being considered more rare to get and thus more "cool", but after being able to decide between both... Yes the 6+ is a beautiful device and the battery advantages is definitely appealing.. It was just too big for me overall and I have big hands. I felt it was difficult and unpleasant to use my hand gripping the phone and using the thumb to navigate, which left the phone shaking while being used. Also, the sight of that huge brick up to your ear on a call is embarrassing to see, just wayyy too big. The 6 fit perfect and is so practical, when I need a bigger screen I will whip out my iPad. The 6+ is perfect for a woman to stick the thing in her purse and use two handed! any guy wearing jeans or shorts to the gym and expecting that thing to be comfortable and not stick out like a sore thumb... Good luck!

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Too big
too heavy
can't use with one hand
can't hold comfortably
1 GB of RAM
Lag
Poor front facing camera quality
OIS not worth it
Landscape split pane modes are better on iPads

No I mean I know those are good reasons not to get one but I'm asking why people got it in the first place?

Glene

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Ft Lauderdale
Ill never understand the comment about "too embarrassd to use a big phone". who watches people make calls? I sure dont, i never gave it 2 sec of thought if i saw somebody using a big android phone. Only on this forum do you get this stuff, not in real life.

I like my 6+, did not buy it because it was cool, scarce or anything else, i just wanted a bigger phone, period.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I think you missed the point. The thread was about people REGRETTING their phone purchase. The thread you linked did not show that. He simply reevaluated his decision and opted for what he preferred. He didn't necessarily get the iPhone 6 and then regretted it.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
Most of us are very happy with the plus. We're just not making new threads about it.

Some aren't happy because they didn't do their homework. They thought they were prepared for the size but they weren't. Some only bought the plus because it seemed like the higher end model.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Because theres something called a preorder where you cant actually use the phone until the day it comes out. Seriously this thread is useless.

Walk into and Apple store, and try one out.

There are plenty of people who might regret waiting for their pre-order to turn up after that, or cancel.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Many people are regretting the 6+? Umm I don't know if I'd go that far. Are there people who will exchange for the 6? Sure. But there also those will take the 6 back and get a 6+. Even at my store, I've had so many people come in and ask for the 6+ and yeah we have a live display model in my department. Had one guy who needed a new phone and ended up going with a galaxy s5, only b/c the 6+ wasn't available. Point being is the 6+ is fairly popular, much to the dismay of some i6 owners who are tying to downplay the 6+ just to make their iPhone 6 seem better than what it actually is. People just need to be happy with what they got.

----------

Ill never understand the comment about "too embarrassd to use a big phone". who watches people make calls? I sure dont, i never gave it 2 sec of thought if i saw somebody using a big android phone. Only on this forum do you get this stuff, not in real life.

I like my 6+, did not buy it because it was cool, scarce or anything else, i just wanted a bigger phone, period.

And this too

rararobb

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
It took me one day to convert to the large format phone. I looked at my 5s the next morning and thought, never ever will I return to such an inscrutably small screen.

Totally digging my 6+. It's not the same as a smaller phone and there are tradeoffs, but I think it's worth it.

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
I have the + on order. I checked it out first at the ATT store. I like to watch movies on it so it will be ideal.
I have an iPad Air also. But I have to wonder why so many say they will just grab their iPad when they need a bigger screen. I don't know about them, but my phone is always with me. Not my iPad air.

Cancelled
May 29, 2005
This forum is full of people who think 3.5-4 is the perfect size, so no wonder they regret the 6+. I wouldn't put much effort into it, the public loves phablets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.