Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I wouldn't get the 6+ myself, much too big to be a phone. But why did so many people get it and then regret it? Like why did you buy it originallly.. Did you see the slightly better specs and say "ohh I want the best iPhone there is!" And that was it? No regard for size?

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
United States
I wouldn't get the 6+ myself, much too big to be a phone. But why did so many people get it and then regret it? Like why did you buy it originallly.. Did you see the slightly better specs and say "ohh I want the best iPhone there is!" And that was it? No regard for size?

Because theres something called a preorder where you cant actually use the phone until the day it comes out. Seriously this thread is useless.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Because theres something called a preorder where you cant actually use the phone until the day it comes out. Seriously this thread is useless.

Since when do threads have to be useful?

And what? Seriously WHAT? Your excuse is that you couldn't try it because it wasn't out yet? You mean paper mockups, or other phones that size wasn't enough for you?

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
Honestly, I picked a 6+ purely because it was something new and different from the typical iPhone ecosystem. Realistically, the 6 would probably be more practical for me, but life is about changing experiences. These phones have short lifespans anyway, you can always size up or down next time around. Get the phone that makes you happy, it's really as simple as that.

OT2000

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
California
When you come to an iPhone forum you're going to get every form of opinion. Those who dislike the 6+ don't seem any greater than any other year or model.

Everyone I know who has it so far, love it. In the end it boils down to preference. I'm still undecided.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

Why do so many people regret buying the smaller 6? There's just as much "evidence" to support that "theory" too...

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
United States

And what? Seriously WHAT? Your excuse is that you couldn't try it because it wasn't out yet? You mean paper mockups, or other phones that size wasn't enough for you?

Does caps lock signify anger?

Your question is stupid, clearly 2 dimensional paper mock ups, and similarly sized phones that differ in dimensions and weight don't paint an accurate picture of the true user experience.

I ordered an iphone 6 and am surprised how large it is, and was regretting not going for the 6+ until actually using one in person. Had I bought the 6+ I would be regretting it too. There's your answer op. Now delete the thread. :cool:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

Threads don't HAVE to be anything. But useless threads will tend to get more useless responses, see?

there is something to be said about holding the actual phone. Not something like it. Not a cardboard cutout. The actual phone. Until I saw the phone myself, I thought the bezels were huge. They didn;t actually bother me in person. My biggest issue was how slippery the damn thing is; this is something none of the mockups or similar products could have possibly warned me about.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Does caps lock signify anger?

Your question is stupid, clearly 2 dimensional paper mock ups, and similarly sized phones that differ in dimensions and weight don't paint an accurate picture of the true user experience.

I ordered an iphone 6 and am surprised how large it is, and was regretting not going for the 6+ until actually using one in person. Had I bought the 6+ I would be regretting it too. There's your answer op. Now delete the thread. :cool:

I'm more interested in your idea that the thread is taking up space or needs value or something. What's that about?

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

Truth. Besides, my cardboard mockup ended up being accurate only in terms of width, so the 6 Plus ended up being smaller than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised and I doubt I'm the only one.

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
United States
Truth. Besides, my cardboard mockup ended up being accurate only in terms of width, so the 6 Plus ended up being smaller than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised and I doubt I'm the only one.

Lol then I guess it worked out well for you. But I dont think most people had access to a cardboard mockup either haha.

Sakura Squirrel

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
People just want confirmation that they bought the best, most desirable thing. it's a lot of money.

So they're fishing for stories of regret for the one they didn't buy.

Then they can hug the one they bought to their chest, secure in the knowledge that some people really wish they had chosen as cleverly as they did.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I would hardly characterize a few people on a forum saying they regretted their purchase as evidence that there is some massive amount of people returning the 6+

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Easier to get the 6 Plus first and exchange for a 6 in store.

This. And of course the better battery, real estate, and OIS.

In the end though, I just prefer the smaller 6 which for me is in the goldilocks of phone sizes. Plus I have an iPad Air if I want to view things on a bigger screen.

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012

Too big
too heavy
can't use with one hand
can't hold comfortably
1 GB of RAM
Lag
Poor front facing camera quality
OIS not worth it
Landscape split pane modes are better on iPads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.