Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
I gotta bad feeling about this

So I was poking around some of the other threads -

T-Mobile sounds just as bad if not worse than us. Much of the same. No real answers and a lotta people talking about jumping ship next time around. But T-Mobile is throwing free routers at them like there's no tomorrow as a way of saying "We're really sorry"

And I looked in on the apple.com iPhone 6/6Plus thread - Those folks are tracking their phones all the way from China - on the UPS planes we hope are carrying a few hundred thousand of our phones.

I'm really convinced at this point that Apple only made about 57 iPhone 6 Pluses or something. And another 9 or 10 since last week.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
So I was poking around some of the other threads -

T-Mobile sounds just as bad if not worse than us. Much of the same. No real answers and a lotta people talking about jumping ship next time around. But T-Mobile is throwing free routers at them like there's no tomorrow as a way of saying "We're really sorry"

And I looked in on the apple.com iPhone 6/6Plus thread - Those folks are tracking their phones all the way from China - on the UPS planes we hope are carrying a few hundred thousand of our phones.

I'm really convinced at this point that Apple only made about 57 iPhone 6 Pluses or something. And another 9 or 10 since last week.

Yup. AT&T sucks balls. Nothing new. I wish they'd give us something. Waive our $40 activation fee. Give us a free accessory. Or you know... at least say the words "we're sorry".

MelodiousRainbo

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
I have pretty much given up hope that I'm going to receive my phone early wish I could just get a tracking number already but they like premier customers more than me

128 space gray 6+

10/02-10/13 still..........#

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
"We're sorry you're upset..."

Yeah I've accepted my place in line at this point and I'm sure I won't see my phone before October 2.

And again, the powerlessness of it just sucks. For the first time in seven years I'm thinking about dumping AT&T. But what are the alternatives? Verizon? T-Mobile? Sprint (*snorf*)? Not really much choice there. All of them had their issues this time around and if I did a little research I'd find out just how much they suck.

I guess I've been lucky with AT&T. Up until now I've had no major issues with them. Love the customer service. Hate the hell outta that ungrateful CEO that's done nothing but complain about the awful burden of iPhone subscribers. But, honestly, I've enjoyed my time with them.

This has left enough of a bad taste, however, that now I want to punch out.

And if you've never read these - treat yourself
http://www.fakesteve.net/2009/12/a-not-so-brief-chat-with-randall-stephenson-of-att.html

RCBob

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Here's our family's iPhone upgrade story for what it's worth.

If the Apple Store hadn't been down for so long, I'd never ended up upgrading through AT&T. My daughter got up just before midnight and helped me try and order upgrades for herself and mom as I tried to secure upgrades for myself and our son.

My daughter knew about the Apple store app for the iPhone and after the Apple Store web site didn't come up, she began to try and secure her upgrade with it while I switched to and pounded the AT&T website. We both got our orders to go through about the same time and she grabbed my wife's phone, installed the Apple Store app and started trying to upgrade mom's phone. I switch to my sons upgrade and got his to eventually go through on the AT&T site as did she get mom's to go through with Apple.

Well, guess who got her iPhone 6+ gold 64GB on launch day, my Daughter. My wife's 6+ 128GB silver is on its way from China, due to be delivered on Thursday. My son and I still sit on 10/2 - 10/13. Next time, I'll be ready with both the app store app and the web site, or else I'll just wait until supply and demand catch up. Na, likely not, I like the latest technology too much!

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I'm sorry to abandon our cause, but I have decided that the 6 Plus is too big for me. I'm canceling my pre-order at 7AM when AT&T call centers open. I see some iPhone 6 stock available within 1-2 hour drive so I'll be trying to get one of those. To the rest of you, it's been an extremely frustrating experience (not because of you guys but because of AT&T). It will all work out in the end. Just be patient. I hope everyone in this thread (and forum) gets their coveted iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.:apple:

MelodiousRainbo

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
I'm sorry to abandon our cause, but I have decided that the 6 Plus is too big for me. I'm canceling my pre-order at 7AM when AT&T call centers open. I see some iPhone 6 stock available within 1-2 hour drive so I'll be trying to get one of those. To the rest of you, it's been an extremely frustrating experience (not because of you guys but because of AT&T). It will all work out in the end. Just be patient. I hope everyone in this thread (and forum) gets their coveted iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.:apple:

I will never settle the 6+ has camera stabilization I am getting one even if I have to wait an extreamly sucky amount of time good luck getting the six you want hope you find one #

rarebeauty

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014

I checked the Apple Store here and they have the 6 in stock in every color and GB for AT&T, and absolutely no 6 pluses in stock # So tempting! But I'm gonna stay put. Good luck!

Raider2003

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
I know this thread is for non premier customers. However I am a premier customer and that's only because I have a discount through my job. I preordered a 16gb 6 plus on Sept 12 around 5 am central time. I have an estimated ship date of Oct 13-22. So no, "premier" customers do not have an advantage of getting phones earlier because they are "premier". There are other threads I've seen and it looks as though not many people who ordered a 6 plus whether they have a premier account or not has not gotten their 6 plus yet.

fotofan

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
New Jersey USA
But most shipped AT&T fulfillments were Premier since Friday

I know this thread is for non premier customers. However I am a premier customer and that's only because I have a discount through my job. I preordered a 16gb 6 plus on Sept 12 around 5 am central time. I have an estimated ship date of Oct 13-22. So no, "premier" customers do not have an advantage of getting phones earlier because they are "premier". There are other threads I've seen and it looks as though not many people who ordered a 6 plus whether they have a premier account or not has not gotten their 6 plus yet.
We are just going by the posts on the forums. They seem to have multiple lists and were backfilling Premiers the past few days. That, and the fact that they are giving free crap to the squeaky wheels on Twitter just serves to anger the rest of us on back order with more of a bad taste in our mouths. I guess they figure the #AT&Tfail hashtag has the much wider exposure than the forums. Here's an idea, AT&T. Call Apple and demand more iPhones. Use what ever leverage you possess. Because your reputation is once again taking a serious hit that no amount of free crap to the squeaky wheels will ever undo. #AT&TbendsoverforAppleeveryrollout
BTW- They sold us our iPhones and then put us on the back burner and sold iPhones at the Apple Stores and brick and mortar carrier stores so they could tell the world they sold 10 million iPhones in the first week this go round. Putting the carrier pre-orders way at the back of the procurement line is baked in the cake of the rollout. Ruminate on that one a while, cause it's the truth. They do it every time.

Last edited:

Evilgamer

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012

That doesnt seem to be the case, if you follow the other thread there wasn't a single poster who had a phone shipped who WASN'T Premiere until yesterday afternoon, and that was only one poster.

There doesnt seem to be much rhyme or reason among what Premiere orders shipped, there were some from after yours that did (there are a LOT of orders that were placed before or right after 12pst yours is kinda late)while some from 12pst didn't. but they were giving Premiere priority, or the premiere orders processed earlier one of the two.

fotofan

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
New Jersey USA
Exactl

That doesnt seem to be the case, if you follow the other thread there wasn't a single poster who had a phone shipped who WASN'T Premiere until yesterday afternoon, and that was only one poster.

There doesnt seem to be much rhyme or reason among what Premiere orders shipped, there were some from after yours that did (there are a LOT of orders that were placed before or right after 12pst yours is kinda late)while some from 12pst didn't. but they were giving Premiere priority, or the premiere orders processed earlier one of the two.
I told everyone last week that there were going to be a lot of unhappy people here next week. They rotate the stock and a lot of "pre-orders" go unfilled so they can sell as many iPhones as possible to make the bottom line look good. Apple wants to be able to say "we sold X # of phones in the first week, the first month". What better way to accomplish this than to make carrier pre-orders sit unfulfilled? AT&T takes the hit, not them. AT&T sucks too in the way they distribute the phones and lie and try to manage the situation instead of telling the truth to it's customers. But this is Apple screwing us if you look at it logically.

AugustGrey

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
When: 2:50AM EST (9/11/14)
Email Confirmation: 2:51AM EST (9/11/14)
Second Email Confirmation: 3:09AM EST (9/12/14)
Model: iPhone 6+
Capacity: 64GB
Color: Space Gray
Current Status: Preparing to ship
Est. Ship Date: 10/2-10/13

The AT&T chat rep said that my phone was going to ship via UPS, but no tracking info yet. Another rep told me that my order wasn't officially placed until 3:09, even though I received an email confirmation at 2:51 saying my order had "been received and is being processed".

Last edited:

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver

It's not that we're irritated with Premiere customers or that we think that they're getting preferential treatment, but that it seemed they were shipping first and every time some one said "Mine shipped!" it turned into 3 pages of "Are you premiere?!?!?"

This way we can see if it's non-premiere that's shipping and whether or not to give our frayed nerves any hope :)

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
When: 2:50AM EST (9/11/14)
Email Confirmation: 2:51AM EST (9/11/14)
Second Email Confirmation: 3:09AM EST (9/12/14)
Model: iPhone 6+
Capacity: 64GB
Est. Ship Date: 10/2-10/13

The AT&T chat rep said that my phone was going to ship via UPS, but no tracking info yet. Another rep told me that my order wasn't officially placed until 3:09, even though I received an email confirmation at 2:51 saying my order had "been received and is being processed".

You're not stressing over 18 minutes are you?

AugustGrey

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
You're not stressing over 18 minutes are you?

When I asked the chat rep why Premier customers, who ordered after me, were getting their same model phones shipped before mine he says "when pre-ordering every second counts."

So it would seem that my order time was changed from when I received my first email saying my order was received and being processed. Also, I was one of the first people to order the iPhone from AT&T and still haven't received even a tracking number.

AT&T lied to me several times during this process. At the local AT&T store, they told everyone who called in that they didn't know how many iPhones they would have. So a long line formed in front of the store, people waiting hours in the cold, filmed by the local news crew, before they announced that they only had 2 iPhone 6+, and they were 16GB. No trucks came during the night to deliver phones. They lied because they could have said "we aren't allowed to tell you" how many iPhones we will have, but instead they said "we don't know" how many. This got a lot of hype going for the store on the local news channel, when they filmed the long line that wouldn't have been there if they had told the truth about the number of iPhone 6+s they had.

I was lied to again when the chat rep says orders are fist come first serve, and it would appear that is not the case. It would have been ok if they had mentioned that Premier customers would get priority at the time that I was pre-ordering, but they didn't mention that. Also the chat reps seem to be willing to say whatever they need to in order to get you off the chat. Sure, things could be a lot worse, but I just don't appreciate the lies, and misleading information.

Last edited:

RCBob

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Bakersfield, CA

Best of luck to you Snowleopard! Thank you for starting this thread!

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I will never settle the 6+ has camera stabilization I am getting one even if I have to wait an extreamly sucky amount of time good luck getting the six you want hope you find one #

At this point, I'm fed up with AT&T (who isn't) and also I was doubting the 6 Plus being too big me. I'm 5'8" and thin. We'll see how it turns out. At this point, any iPhone is better than no iPhone. If I use the 6 and end up wanting the 6 Plus again, I have 14 days to return. I love Apple for that return policy. Good luck getting yours though! I ran out of patience, I admire the rest of you for still having it. :)

I checked the Apple Store here and they have the 6 in stock in every color and GB for AT&T, and absolutely no 6 pluses in stock # So tempting! But I'm gonna stay put. Good luck!

Yup. I saw the same. Thanks! I just placed a store pick up order at Burlingame, CA just now. I have no idea when I will get the email telling me to come pick it up. It'll be 1-2 drive for me up here in Davis. But it will be worth it! It's an iPhone!:apple::cool:

Best of luck to you Snowleopard! Thank you for starting this thread!

Thanks! I will still be staying on this thread to see how it all turns out. I'm abandoning the cause but not my support!

MelodiousRainbo

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
At this point, I'm fed up with AT&T (who isn't) and also I was doubting the 6 Plus being too big me. I'm 5'8" and thin. We'll see how it turns out. At this point, any iPhone is better than no iPhone. If I use the 6 and end up wanting the 6 Plus again, I have 14 days to return. I love Apple for that return policy. Good luck getting yours though! I ran out of patience, I admire the rest of you for still having it. :)

Yup. I saw the same. Thanks! I just placed a store pick up order at Burlingame, CA just now. I have no idea when I will get the email telling me to come pick it up. It'll be 1-2 drive for me up here in Davis. But it will be worth it! It's an iPhone!:apple::cool:

Thanks! I will still be staying on this thread to see how it all turns out. I'm abandoning the cause but not my support!

I'm 5'5" have tiny hands two hand phone here I come :) I can't wait for that massive phone yay just ship already plllllleeeaaassseeee!!!#

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I'm 5'5" have tiny hands two hand phone here I come :) I can't wait for that massive phone yay just ship already plllllleeeaaassseeee!!!��

I'm going to guess and say you're a girl. :p

With a purse. Where your new iPhone 6 Plus will call home.

In all seriousness, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully it ships soon! :)

Last edited:

SoCalBiker06

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Trying to stay positive...but the lack of shipments today is depressing. Going to keep holding out though...as long as it takes!

tomcos

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
When: 2:56 am EDT; 11:56 pm PDT
Confirmation: 3:17 am EDT; 12:17 am PDT
Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Capacity: 128 GB
Est Ship Date: 10/2 - 10/13
Notes: On September 18 I received the second email affirming the shipping dates.

EM1N3NT

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
I just called and spoke with a CSR on the order status line. She did say that she cannot cancel my order at this point which she said means that my phone should be shipping very shortly.

#BelieveItWhenIseeIt

I actually tried to cancel my order a couple days ago all in anger and hate!! The AT&T CSR rep said "sure i'll do that right now!" sure enough I received an email stating my cancellation of my order, I waited and waited for my upgrade eligibility to come back up and sure enough I called AT&T again the next day and this CSR said there is nothing on my account that shows my order was ever cancelled. Could be a good sign... that our orders are stuck in line somewhere at the warehouse... at least i'm looking at it that way.

Scooter jazz

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Thinking of canceling my plus order and going to the Apple Store. I'm on next so no instore pick up for me. So I would have to roll the dice and just walk in. I heard that apple is not allowing walkins. Just order pickup. Any truth to that?

rarebeauty

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Thinking of canceling my plus order and going to the Apple Store. I'm on next so no instore pick up for me. So I would have to roll the dice and just walk in. I heard that apple is not allowing walkins. Just order pickup. Any truth to that?

I doubt that is true since you are only allowed to walk-in to get you phone under the Next plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.