Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Home stretch for me! It's been fun you guys!! Definitely the most epic MacRumors thread I've ever followed.

Heads up for folks picking up at UPS like me, who are having the phone sent to work instead of home... Since it's my day off from work, rather than go in I opted to call and go pick up right when the UPS Center opens since it's a bit closer and I'd get my iPhone a bit earlier... but I was told for security, they not only need ID, but since it's a business address and not on my ID, I would need a company letter or letterhead allowing me to pick up my own package. :eek:

Attachments

• screen-capture.jpg
    screen-capture.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 79

Luckychef28

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I posted this last page but there were 4 planes from Anchorage to Louisville last night. The first one left much earlier than the rest UPS109 and people on that plane was cleared customs (we have a few people posting here on that plane and theirs are out for delivery)

It appears that the other 3 planes which contains the bulk of the shipments clogged the customs system (per wasabi's post) and now they are doing it manually so we have to wait another day.

And those people came off the Osaka flight first by 2 minutes apparently

mdlv

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
NC
520 update! Does anyone know where/when my phone will be going next?

Incheon, Korea, Republic of 09/23/2014 8:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/23/2014 5:00 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/22/2014 5:20 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/20/2014 7:58 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/20/2014 7:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/20/2014 6:27 P.M. Location Scan
09/20/2014 3:03 P.M. Origin Scan
China 09/20/2014 5:39 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Same tracking info here. From what I've read in previous posts I believe it's going to Anchorage from Incheon. Don't quote me on that though! :p

Sandyh3

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Beloit, WI
If my phone is not going to be here today why do they not update the estimated delivery date. I am still stuck in KY. UGH

My delivery date just updated from arriving today to tomorrow. No additional scans since arrival into KY.

Import scan at 10:19

Last edited:

LuvAussies

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2003
Virginia
Just got my import scan!

Louisville, KY, United States 09/23/2014 10:15 A.M. Import Scan
09/23/2014 1:34 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/22/2014 3:26 P.M. Departure Scan

lanestew

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
USA
Same tracking info here. From what I've read in previous posts I believe it's going to Anchorage from Incheon. Don't quote me on that though! :p

Let's hope it doesn't sit therd for days my delivery has been pushed from 9/25 to 9/26

Luckychef28

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Nope I was on Osaka flight too but I didn't make it to UPS109 flight to Louisville. I got put in the 81 or whatever the 3rd plane after 109 was.

I was on that flight too. But my arrival scan is 12:45, theirs is 12:43. And all of those deliveries are in the south - no New England, no Midwest, no Cali.

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
I'm in socal, don't know why my package went to Louisville, KY, and not Ontario, but delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. :mad: The saga continues for some of us. For all of you that are "out for delivery", great news!! :cool:

Which is so funny that I am waiting for mine to get to Orlando and I am stunned that it went to Ontario California instead of Louisville.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
We have both been giving information to give you people an idea on how the system works. We have no control on how the company ships your phone. We are telling you how it usually works from shipments going to certain checkpoints/hubs along the way.

I know, and believe me, I sincerely appreciate your input. It's just obvious UPS is not treating these iPhone shipments like "normal."

6 days to get my phone from Apple "shipped" to my door is completely unacceptable. The last time I pre-ordered it took 2-3 tops.

Unhappy customer this time around but like I've said, please don't take it personally because I appreciate your posts.

:apple:

Mum4519

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
My UPS driver typically gets to my business between 10am-11am CT so they should be showing up anytime.

My estimated delivery is today, September 23 by end of day with last scan being the arrival scan in Lousiville at 1:34AM.

I will update when UPS gets here as far as if my package slipped through the cracks (DOUBTFUL!) or if we will see them tomorrow.

Until then!

muffinsmom

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Has ANYONE receieved a departure scan from Incheon Korea yet this morning. The plane, the only one I see scheduled for today, left an hour ago.
I have been sitting there for over a day now.
Anyone still there with me?

paulink

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
what's so good about kentucky anyways :mad:

though since it's stateside, i'm semi hoping the eta changes from thursday to Wednesday.

gostan

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
West of Boston
It won't. It will get put on a plane in KY and flown to Logan. From there it will go to Shrewsbury.

I work about 15 min from Shrewsbury. If it doesn't hit "out for delivery" tomorrow when I'm home, I'm going to try and hold it there.
thx, I was thinking of trying to hold it as well if it is in Shrewsbury tomorrow in order to get it a day early, but my phone is scheduled to be delivered to my office, which is my billing address. I understand that it is difficult due to ATT restrictions to change delivery from billing address to hold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.