Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deltajimi

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
I ordered a white 6+ at the midnight pre-order launch and it says 10/2 - 10/13. Still says "Preparing for Shipment."

I called to try to cancel and they said I couldn't because I was already in the system. That blows!!! :mad:

heatherselway

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
i really was just going to see what the apple stores have and if they have the one i want I'm taking it. i never was going to settle less, the plus is my type of phone, I'm tired of getting jerked around by att and playing with their games.

They pretty much have regular 6's at this point. Unless you switch carriers. If that seaturtle website is accurate, pretty much isn't one Apple store that has a + for AT&T.

RetroFours

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Philly, Pa
So, do you have something now? What was your back-up plan?

as of right now nothing. i was maybe going to get the 6 4.7inch and use it for a month or two and ask the att near me and ask if i can swap for a 6plus gold

----------

They pretty much have regular 6's at this point. Unless you switch carriers. If that seaturtle website is accurate, pretty much isn't one Apple store that has a + for AT&T.

if i order from apple right now. what do you think might happen the same thing what going on with att or no?

TINOBRUNO01

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Wanna know what's a little crazy (I'm included)? We are all driving ourselves crazy, and paying extra, for a phone that is LESS than an inch bigger than one we can have right now for cheaper. Take a look at your hands, that space (from the tip of your finger to a little less than that first line below it) we are driving ourselves crazy for that much more of a phone lol.

heatherselway

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
as of right now nothing. i was maybe going to get the 6 4.7inch and use it for a month or two and ask the att near me and ask if i can swap for a 6plus gold

----------

if i order from apple right now. what do you think might happen the same thing what going on with att or no?

It has always said 3-4 weeks through Apple if you click on 6+ 128 GB SG (my phone)

I'm guessing we *SHOULD* have our phones before that, I'm not taking a chance waiting any longer than 10.2-10.13

heatherselway

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanna know what's a little crazy (I'm included)? We are all driving ourselves crazy, and paying extra, for a phone that is LESS than an inch bigger than one we can have right now for cheaper. Take a look at your hands, that space (from the tip of your finger to a little less than that first line below it) we are driving ourselves crazy for that much more of a phone lol.

Yep, true. But my idea behind it all is if I'm paying this much for an electronic device I'm going to get exactly what I want and not settle.

Jrnation109

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014

.. and a better screen... and a better camera.

I travel with my job and am on a plane 4 times a week... I want a bigger screen for movies, better web browsing, and so on.

heatherselway

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Anybody else been turned down by AT&T by trying to cancel over the phone?

I haven't tried. I have patience (somewhat) so I'll wait it out.

----------

.. and a better screen... and a better camera.

I travel with my job and am on a plane 4 times a week... I want a bigger screen for movies, better web browsing, and so on.

Definitely. Not just paying for the bigger screen alone.

MelodiousRainbo

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Free att iphone case/apple care

If you been a att Customer for a couple of years there giving free iphone 6 cases.they don't just send it to you though they give you a bill credit. You have to call 611 and tell them that your aware of the customer program. Where att Credits your account because you're unsatisfied.they will put a credit on your account for the price of the phone case. if you know that you had previous credits that go over hundred and 50 bucks they probably won't credit your account because there's a line drawn in the sand pretty much of how much credit they can give you per year.. Some people even get apple care.

RetroFours

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Philly, Pa
It has always said 3-4 weeks through Apple if you click on 6+ 128 GB SG (my phone)

I'm guessing we *SHOULD* have our phones before that, I'm not taking a chance waiting any longer than 10.2-10.13

it says hat for only the 6 plus any color and GB. They are playing with like we are some toy, I'm tired of it. its been what two week or more and I'm very annoyed reps and other people can't help so whats the point. if i do apple they might get here before 3-4 week. i don't know

Jrnation109

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014

----------

I'll wait it out until the moment I see the 6+ I want is at an Apple store. Then I'll reserve it online, pay full price, and then call AT&T cancel.. and then head to Apple and have them change it to my upgrade for the cheaper price.

heatherselway

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
it says hat for only the 6 plus any color and GB. They are playing with like we are some toy, I'm tired of it. its been what two week or more and I'm very annoyed reps and other people can't help so whats the point. if i do apple they might get here before 3-4 week. i don't know

It might, but thats the chance you'll take. I'm too scared to cancel. Haha :cool:

deltajimi

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014

----------

Guy at work had the regular 6 and I thought it was beautiful and fit nicely in my hand. I thought that if the screen were a tad bit bigger it would be too big. That's why I tried to cancel. And on top of that they have tons of regular 6's in the stores.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Just checked the 877 number my phone has been on "backorder" and today moved to "being processed." My wife's phone is still on "backorder."

However, it did still say that delivery date for my phone was still 10/2 to 10/13.

My phone: 64GB SG 6+, wife's phone 64GB Gold 6+.
Ordered about 1:10 MDT, my confirmation was time stamped 8:36 UTC, her's is about 2 hours later even though she completed her order as soon as mine completed.

Still no UPS or Fed Ex activity, but hey, any movement is welcome.

Jrnation109

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Free att iphone case/apple care

If you been a att Customer for a couple of years there giving free iphone 6 cases.they don't just send it to you though they give you a bill credit. You have to call 611 and tell them that your aware of the customer program. Where att puts creditson your account because you're unsatisfied.they will put a credit on your account for the price of the phone case. if you know that you had previous credits that go over hundred and 50 bucks they probably won't credit your account because there's a line drawn in the sand pretty much of how much credit they can give you per year.. Some people even get apple care.

.... what...?

deltajimi

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Just checked the 877 number my phone has been on "backorder" and today moved to "being processed." My wife's phone is still on "backorder."

However, it did still say that delivery date for my phone was still 10/2 to 10/13.

Ordered about 1:10 MDT, my confirmation was time stamped 8:36 UTC, her's is about 2 hours later even though she completed her order as soon as mine completed.

Same exact thing for me.

iMarc845

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2008
Rockland County, NY

You are talking about 0.8" diagonally which actually equals a lot of extra screen area. And with the higher pixels density, it's a LOT more pixels!

But feel free to settl-- er, I mean, accept the 6 if you want. :rolleyes: Your choice!

heatherselway

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Guy at work had the regular 6 and I thought it was beautiful and fit nicely in my hand. I thought that if the screen were a tad bit bigger it would be too big. That's why I tried to cancel. And on top of that they have tons of regular 6's in the stores.

True. If thats what you want then great! I went to ATT last saturday and felt the + was perfect for me.

----------

Now I have to call again. Haha :) Wish me luck.

Hank3rd

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2014
OK, So I called the 877 number earlier and it said backordered and I called now and it stated my order number and then gave me the expected ship date of 10/2 or after. I wanted to listen again because I was not ready and now it said it is being processed!

I read earlier that this might be a sign that it is being shipping!

Fingers crossed over here! Can I get some positive vibes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.