Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
So I got charged when I called them, card was charged and shipping status says "in progress" for my 6. Does that mean ill get tracking info later tonight?

Still passed I gotta get a 6 first then exchange it for a 6+ later

I'm thinking yes. Yesterday morning I called the 877 number and for the first time it said in process as opposed to back ordered. Then I checked the My AT&T app and it said the same. The website never said anything other than preparing to ship now it says order not found.

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
Out of curiosity, what is "chip and pin" anyway? I only hear about it from people in other countries but no idea exactly what it is or how it works.

z24561

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2005
HI
Ok, I called and asked to be escalated to a supervisor right off the bat, explained my situation, he agreed to place me in the front of the shipping queue, HOWEVER....

He accidentally selected iPhone 6 instead of 6+ so I'll have to go exchange it at a store after I receive it.

Smh. Lol at least they took care of the issue and I'm not stuck with this 80 year old Galaxy Nexus any longer.

:cool:

Just remember that you can only exchange it once within 14 days of receipt of the phone. So, if you have any inkling that you'll be unhappy with the larger size, use the 6 for a bit first. I knew on Sept 19 that the 6 would be fine with me, but was unsure of the 6+. Now that I've had it for a week, I know that I can barely use it one-handed (for a guy with average-large hands), but I don't mind (but actually using the phone for a call up to my face is really weird - but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with it). Good luck.

----------

So I got charged when I called them, card was charged and shipping status says "in progress" for my 6. Does that mean ill get tracking info later tonight?

Still passed I gotta get a 6 first then exchange it for a 6+ later

Usually, you will get shipping notification within 24 hours of your status changing to "processing" (or whatever the 877 lady says - not backordered).

----------

I'm thinking yes. Yesterday morning I called the 877 number and for the first time it said in process as opposed to back ordered. Then I checked the My AT&T app and it said the same. The website never said anything other than preparing to ship now it says order not found.

I got the same thing... As soon as the order was shipped, the website didn't work. I'm guessing that's a good thing?:rolleyes:

Job$

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2014
Still haven't received a tracking number 19 hours later and it still says "In Progress" on the shipping page....

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
Mine is supposed to be delivered today.

But something strange while running tacking number: The package dimensions have changed. The first few times it was 10x11x7 and now it is 10x8x4.

I hope there's not been some funny business going on.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Pretty unbelievable, I can't even believe it myself, I ordered my white 128 GB plus on the 16th as an AT&T next upgrade, I just got a shipping notice today. It was supposed to ship, 1/16

Last edited:

Job$

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2014
Well after sitting on the phone for a total of 5 1/2 hours last night and still getting nothing accomplished, I finally got them to cancel the 6 order and correct it to a 6 Plus with free Priority shipping (said they couldn't do overnight).

I downgraded to a 64gb 6+ cause I really dont need 128 gigs plus the wait time was a tad shorter so I said screw it.

He said 7-14 business days but something tells me it may be sooner than that.

LenPopPop

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
Lol. I'll stick around until this forum is completely dead just to see everyone get their phones!!! Promise!!!

That is great news to hear. I was supposed to get my SG+ 128 by 12.9-12/19 and it shipped on 12/18 but they changed my date to 12/23 but I will be out of town so I will not get it until 12/29 but I am so happy you are getting yours. All of us from September orders are finally getting oor phones.

Job$

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2014
Well my 64 Gig White and Silver 6+ finally shipped, got tracking number at about 5:30 PM eastern today, gave me free overnight, will be here tomorrow.

Ordered on Saturday, shipped out today. Not bad.

:cool:

erzhik

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2010
Well after sitting on the phone for a total of 5 1/2 hours last night and still getting nothing accomplished, I finally got them to cancel the 6 order and correct it to a 6 Plus with free Priority shipping (said they couldn't do overnight).

I downgraded to a 64gb 6+ cause I really dont need 128 gigs plus the wait time was a tad shorter so I said screw it.

He said 7-14 business days but something tells me it may be sooner than that.

Priority shipping is FedEx Overnight for them. At least that's how the supervisor on the phone told me. Mine was shipped priority, turned out it was fedex overnight.

Job$

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2014
Priority shipping is FedEx Overnight for them. At least that's how the supervisor on the phone told me. Mine was shipped priority, turned out it was fedex overnight.

Yep, turns out it was cause it worked and it's on its way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.