Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Patiently waiting for mine to come in on Friday. I've gotten the chance to try out my wife's 6 and I've decided the 6+ is definitely the way to go. Go big or go home :cool:

Jk.. The 6 is a nice upgrade tot he 5/5S but after playing with the 6, I think the upgrade in size is minimal and that's why I can't wait any longer for my 6+ to show up.

Becareful what you wish for you. I'm not the only one with regrets.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t..._i_might_return_apple_s_giant_new_iphone.html

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
I went in to look at the 6+ with every intention of ordering one. As a medical professional I figured having a larger screen for showing images to patients, looking up info on the go, and responding to mountains of emails would be nice. And it would be, I can see the utility something like that would provide.

But after a little while investigating the phones I went with the 6, the 6+ is just massive and while the screen would be great; I cant imagine actually using it as a phone. And I do use the phone as a phone all the time.

The 6 screen is a nice size too; I'm happy with it. I still can't type one handed, even on it's smaller screen.

If I ultimately decide I want a larger screen for the things I mentioned above; I think I'll just buy an iPad mini and throw it in the lab coat, it should fit nicely.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
My only complaint about the landscape keyboard is that all the keys are in the center, which actually makes them super hard to reach. Apple should make an option to have them on the side like in Windows 8. But this is also why we get custom keyboards now.

Can the keyboard be split like on the iPad?

rhylin

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, USA
An intelligent person realizes everyone is different, uses their phone in different ways, and has different needs. They don't see differences as abnormalities. Guess you don't fit the bill.

Real world situations you'd look like a fool, not very handy in a pinch.. I already sold my 6 plus and enjoy the extra money, used the wife's upgrade for a free 6 through verizon.. All in all I've made out with over $425..

vkuber

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
I went in to look at the 6+ with every intention of ordering one. As a medical professional I figured having a larger screen for showing images to patients, looking up info on the go, and responding to mountains of emails would be nice. And it would be, I can see the utility something like that would provide.

But after a little while investigating the phones I went with the 6, the 6+ is just massive and while the screen would be great; I cant imagine actually using it as a phone. And I do use the phone as a phone all the time.

The 6 screen is a nice size too; I'm happy with it. I still can't type one handed, even on it's smaller screen.

If I ultimately decide I want a larger screen for the things I mentioned above; I think I'll just buy an iPad mini and throw it in the lab coat, it should fit nicely.

Mind if I ask if you are using an EHR/EMR on your iPad and/or iPhone?

(Work for an EHR company so always curious to know)

:)

rhylin

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, USA
I would disagree I can use the six plus somewhat one handed. I love my six plus won't return it.

Either you can or you can't, somewhat doesn't apply. I know for a fact you can't reach everywhere with your thumb on a one plus one.. Unless you're shaq that is

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Well I guess with my hands I should have been in the NBA.

Seriously though why does every one keep making new threads with such similar topics? Is YOUR return that much of an event to warrant another thread? They need a " I returned my iPhone 6/6 plus" sticky.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Either you can or you can't, somewhat doesn't apply. I know for a fact you can't reach everywhere with your thumb on a one plus one.. Unless you're shaq that is

that does not matter to me as I never use a phone one handed I always use two hands when I can or I don't use the phone. I prefer big phones like the galaxy note sized phones so a the end of the day its a personal preference no one is exactly right everyone has their choice.

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
My only complaint about the landscape keyboard is that all the keys are in the center, which actually makes them super hard to reach. Apple should make an option to have them on the side like in Windows 8. But this is also why we get custom keyboards now.

This I can agree with though. I'm not a fan of the default landscape keyboard

gildog

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
I find it funny that people that look at the iphone 6 plus I got say its way to big and its like a mini ipad. After looking at it then its "Wow the screen looks amazing" and when it switches to landscape mode they think its the best.

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Having owned the note 3 now the G3 and several other Android devices I can tell you that you get used to the size.

Having a large device certainly is not for everyone and fire those a smaller device is perfectly fine.

To call the 6plus a bad device or unusable is not useful as for others it works very well. I personally enjoy the large screen space and when I attempted to go back to my 5s after having the note 3and after a week I switched to the G3.

Everyone had their own taste and opionions and I respect them all. I hope everyone enjoys their choice.

mademan118

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
I'm so excited for mine to show up tomorrow. I finally had the chance to hold one at an Apple Store and couldn't believe how amazing it was. So excited. :)

:apple:

We actually got our 64GB iPhones before the T-Mobile 16GB ones showed up. It was love at first sight! So sad that we may have to return these ones also!

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
i guess i should have expected it from a forum full of apple geeks, but there are some real bitches in this forum. the amount of bitching and complaining us unreal. way to suck enjoyment out of things.

some of you complainers should have never ordered the big phone in the first place...shame it would have fit perfectly in your purses.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Have you been living under a rock for the last 3 years? Obviously you have no concept of what a phablet or large smart phone is.

Killeroy

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Mt. Holly NJ
I love the sillyness of the new iPhone critics. If you don't like the phone then why did you buy it? If you bought it and don't like it, return it and get a Android phone. People need to realize that there are people on these sites by design to discredit the iPhone. It is almost a business practice anymore. I say you buy what you like and enjoy it.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I love the sillyness of the new iPhone critics. If you don't like the phone then why did you buy it? If you bought it and don't like it, return it and get a Android phone. People need to realize that there are people on these sites by design to discredit the iPhone. It is almost a business practice anymore. I say you buy what you like and enjoy it.

Bingo

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
...people are glutenous...they want the biggest car, the biggest screen TV, and the biggest phone...bigger is better right??

guess what, not everyone can wear big boy pants and drive an escalade...sorry girls.

Rian Gray

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
NJ, United States
Add this to the list of the reason 1. why mini-tablet (or phablet) is hard to get it right, 2. don't get it unless you are deeply in love with bigger screen.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Patiently waiting for mine to come in on Friday. I've gotten the chance to try out my wife's 6 and I've decided the 6+ is definitely the way to go. Go big or go home :cool:

Jk.. The 6 is a nice upgrade tot he 5/5S but after playing with the 6, I think the upgrade in size is minimal and that's why I can't wait any longer for my 6+ to show up.

I thought this way too; but I've kept my 5 in my bag today because I haven't put much music on the 6, and even with a life proof on it it feels tiny now.

I think the 6 is a great all-around use size. The 6+ is for people who do business on the go.

----------

Mind if I ask if you are using an EHR/EMR on your iPad and/or iPhone?

(Work for an EHR company so always curious to know)

:)

I don't right now, but my colleagues do.

*KID*

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Boston, MA
Real world situations you'd look like a fool, not very handy in a pinch.. I already sold my 6 plus and enjoy the extra money, used the wife's upgrade for a free 6 through verizon.. All in all I've made out with over $425..

Well at work today everyone loved the phone. In my world I've always kept my phone in my purse, use 2 hands, Bluetooth & hands free in the car. Nothing's changed in my use except now I can actually read books comfortably on the 6+. I'm not interested in exchanging for something I don't like or want to get $$. I don't think I look like a fool and that's really the only opinion that matters.

Nothing wrong with the 6. It's also a great phone - I know my husband would choose that over the 6+ for pocketability. Having a choice is always a great thing. Bashing others who choose different is not very mature. I'm convinced there's a bunch of kids on this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.