Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
View attachment 495757

Not that intensive usage, mostly texting. Some browsing and social media. Idk, I feel like it's draining a little too fast.

No games at all.

Was that on WiFi or cellular?

I would mention on mine that despite doing a fair bit of texting (iMessage) last night on it, I was on WiFi all night. I'll see how it does today on LTE primarily. The bulk of my use is playing music with the screen on. Some with headphones, some over Bluetooth in the car. Groove is my music player (until SmartPlayer gets fixed.)

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Was that on WiFi or cellular?

I would mention on mine that despite doing a fair bit of texting (iMessage) last night on it, I was on WiFi all night. I'll see how it does today on LTE primarily. The bulk of my use is playing music with the screen on. Some with headphones, some over Bluetooth in the car. Groove is my music player (until SmartPlayer gets fixed.)

It was all WiFi since I was home after I unplugged it.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I got to say, I'm pretty impressed with the battery life with my 6 Plus. Fully charged it up after getting the phone on Friday. Unplugged at 10 pm on Friday, and just now phone turned off on it's own. Of course about 2-3 hours are from listening to music.

Monstrous

Can't remember seeing many iPhone battery stats like that before the 6+ came

:eek:

khill215

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Here's my usage: 9hrs 26min screen time and 1 Day Standby. Mostly Wi-Fi browsing, no bluetooth, auto brightness on, email fetching every hour. What do you think?

I was expecting a little more out of it. My wife has a 6 and gets about the same usage out her 6.

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 102

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
Here's my usage: 9hrs 26min screen time and 1 Day Standby. Mostly Wi-Fi browsing, no bluetooth, auto brightness on, email fetching every hour. What do you think?

I was expecting a little more out of it. My wife has a 6 and gets about the same usage out her 6.

almost 9.5 hours of usage and you were expecting more? I get a tad bit more than you and I think its awesome usage time for a cell phone.

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
i have a 6 (not a 6 Plus) and when I first got it, I felt it was draining a bit too fast for some reason. I turned it off and back on and battery has been great ever since. I used to have to do that with my iPhone 5 every once in a while...its like a process got stuck and was using up the battery.

If anyone thinks their iPhone battery is draining too fast, try it.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Just wanted to continue and say that I had the best battery usage in history. I am mind blown by how long an iPhone can last now lol, never thought i'd say that!

8 hrs and 16 mins at just 50% battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.PNG
    IMG_0096.PNG
    211.3 KB · Views: 120

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Im currently at 20% Usage of 9 Hours and 33 Minutes Stand by 1 day 6 hours. Combination of wifi and LTE. Videos, reg surfing, fb, ig, and twitter.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
do I have a dud?

I'm seeing nothing like what you guys are getting :(

Attachments

• Photo Sep 25, 3 02 26 PM.png
    Photo Sep 25, 3 02 26 PM.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 134

Jaq515

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
I'm seeing nothing like what you guys are getting :(

that can't be right i think a rule of thumb is that you get 12-14 hours of usage regardless

so
12-14 hours constant use

12 hours and 10-20-30 hours stand by

Jaq515

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
not quite following you...

sorry meaning personally i seem to always get 12 hours of heavy to medium useage.

I've had a day of 24 hours stand by with +/- 12 hours usage
I've had a day of 20 hours stand by with +/- 12 hours usage
I've had a day of 15 hours stand by with +/- 12 hours usage

id predict if i used it non stop without any standby the usage would increase but it just seems regardless of standby 12 hours usage is about normal (I've seen other post 12 hourish usage)

either way yours seem to low

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Post your battery usage stats. Also the battery of my iphone 6 is excellent

Usage: 5 hours, 15 minutes
Standby: 1 day, 7 hourd
Battery Left: 14%

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
sorry meaning personally i seem to always get 12 hours of heavy to medium useage.

I've had a day of 24 hours stand by with +/- 12 hours usage
I've had a day of 20 hours stand by with +/- 12 hours usage
I've had a day of 15 hours stand by with +/- 12 hours usage

id predict if i used it non stop without any standby the usage would increase but it just seems regardless of standby 12 hours usage is about normal (I've seen other post 12 hourish usage)

either way yours seem to low
thanks for that

never got anywhere near that

chatting support now

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Just a very quick observation from a newbie (also thank you for all the reports up until now - I think I have just decided the 6+ is the way to go)

Two of the reports of 'poor' battery (still pretty good by iPhone standards) I have seen have both featured heavy use of the messages app...small sample size I know, but potentially an issue there with heavy use?

Jstarko0329

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2007
thanks for that

never got anywhere near that

chatting support now

Respond here with what support says. I'm seeing something similar to yours. I've restored and setup as new, and I've disabled quite a few location services, background tasks, etc. I finished yesterday at 5:47 usage and 16 hours of standby with 31% left. 38% of that drain was safari.

I've found that safari is my biggest battery drain, even browsing these forums. I can watch the battery percentage fall as I browse safari. I've tried disabling safari in iCloud, disabling prefetch results and a few other things.

I reset network settings first thing this morning and I'll report later.

From yesterday:
IMG_0017 by jeffstarkovich, on Flickr

Last edited:

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I let my 6 Plus go until it died. Went from the morning of 9/23 until the bedtime on 9/24. Final stats: 12:20 usage, 1 day 17 hours standby. I purposefully ran it down about 10% the evening of 9/23 so that it would be at 50% the next morning. Wanted to see if I could make it from 50% down through a day. It did, but barely. I'm just letting it go normally today and we'll see what we end up with tomorrow night. It's amazing how much anxiety I had from not plugging my iPhone in at night. It's a ritual that I've literally done every single night since June 29, 2007. Old habits are hard to break! The battery is definitely still calibrating though. Every day (well except no-charge day) I've had around 90 percent when I get home from work. Right now there is 85% left. Still not bad by any means.

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
I'm also not getting any more than 7ish hours usage. I'm currently chatting with Apple as well.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Respond here with what support says. I'm seeing something similar to yours. I've restored and setup as new, and I've disabled quite a few location services, background tasks, etc. I finished yesterday at 5:47 usage and 16 hours of standby with 31% left. 38% of that drain was safari.

I've found that safari is my biggest battery drain, even browsing these forums. I can watch the battery percentage fall as I browse safari. I've tried disabling safari in iCloud, disabling prefetch results and a few other things.

I reset network settings first thing this morning and I'll report later.

From yesterday:
[url=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2942/15353385492_7ce79bba3f_m.jpg]Image[/url]IMG_0017 by jeffstarkovich, on Flickr
I was told to setup as new, which I've already tried

Interesting thing though - he said that these apps are having problems, so I am going to try a fresh restore again, downloading the firmware again as well, as he seems to think it is corrupt (the firmware):

backboardd, com.apple.WebKit, SpringBoard

From my jailbreaking days, I know that backboardd is an integral daemon that runs along side springboard, which is also corrupt, per the tech

Will restore as new tonight and report back tomorrow afternoon

I'm also not getting any more than 7ish hours usage. I'm currently chatting with Apple as well.

Let us know what they say!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.