Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pillar

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
CA.
That's a whole lot better than mine. But I've had sucky battery life so I can't really comment on that battery life.
At least you got standby times. That could slightly attribute to the slightly normal than usual usage time

Oh man, seems like your having trouble with yours :(. Thanks for helping. Hope you get yours sorted out/fixed soon.

Maybe some others can chime in also about on my battery life

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
Oh man, seems like your having trouble with yours :(. Thanks for helping. Hope you get yours sorted out/fixed soon.

Maybe some others can chime in also about on my battery life

Yea I know :(.
Hoping not to jinx it here but so far my restore as new phone decision has been giving better battery. I'll wait until tomorrow to see how it does, I'm still downloading my apps and stuff which could affect the battery life, but so far it seems to be holding up.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Hello, I think mine is not good, what do you guys think about my battery life?

It's fine. Anything from 8-10 with heavy use is normal. Over 10 with lighter use, and by that I mean no long spells of gaming or social media. I usually get between 10 and 11 hours but that's with no gaming, no Facebook and all the usual battery saving settings toggled. I mainly web browse, send a few SMS and make a couple of calls.

Pillar

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
CA.
It's fine. Anything from 8-10 with heavy use is normal. Over 10 with lighter use, and by that I mean no long spells of gaming or social media. I usually get between 10 and 11 hours but that's with no gaming, no Facebook and all the usual battery saving settings toggled. I mainly web browse, send a few SMS and make a couple of calls.

Pheeeww good to hear, now that is out of my head. Time to move on. Thanks sunking101 for the info

Hope you all have a great one. ✌️

ProducerIan

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2014
I've been trying to get to 8-10 hours of heavy use but rarely get to 7 or 8. A full restore and turning off some notification centre widgets has helped a bit but not getting near what others seem to be on 8.1.3.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I've been trying to get to 8-10 hours of heavy use but rarely get to 7 or 8. A full restore and turning off some notification centre widgets has helped a bit but not getting near what others seem to be on 8.1.3.

My own experience has been different to most here. My battery life was *awesome* on 8.1.1 but took a nosedive on 8.1.2
I did a clean restore and it was still no better.
8.1.3 was even worse, so I went back to 8.1.2 before they stopped signing it. I wish I could still get the same battery life that I did, which was regularly over 11 hours of usage. I once even got 12 hours. Now I get anything between 8.5 and 10.5, which isn't all that spectacular. All with the same settings, same network, same places of residence & work, and the same usage patterns.

silversin

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2010
Ever since my update to 8.1.3 my 6+ has some battery drain issues. Something about safari drains the battery.

I hope ios 8.2 fixes a lot of these problems.

coolnwo

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Ever since my update to 8.1.3 my 6+ has some battery drain issues. Something about safari drains the battery.

I hope ios 8.2 fixes a lot of these problems.

I agree ever since 8.1.3 it might have started with 8.1.2 my battery life is awful. I even have to charge it incase I have a longer night and need it to have battery. I can just see it falling a couple percent at a time. Previously, it would just sit and be strong.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Mine seems to be worse after the last iOS update.

7h55m Usage
1 day 1 hour Standby

13%

Nothing heavier then usual. For the same usage, before the update is have closer to 20% left if not more :-/

Matheew944

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2015
10h30min of usage

1% of battery
3days13hours

using facebook, playing real racing,asphalt 8, watching videos, listening to music, surfing on Safari , but usually games and safari I use most.wifi on most of the time... really impressed.,

I am a heavy user

Is my battery life good?

drbubba4

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
not to bad

Attachments

• IMG_0142.PNG
    IMG_0142.PNG
    235.3 KB · Views: 134

donotusevlan1

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2015
Routinely getting 6+ days on a charge

Under normal ussage, I can easily get 6 days and still be at around 20%.

Attachments

• CAA7ar8UMAApWqj.jpg large.jpg
    CAA7ar8UMAApWqj.jpg large.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 105

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Last year on launch day I purchased and iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6Plus. I returned the 6 Plus because it felt too big and I've been using the 6 ever since then. Lately the screen on the 6 has been starting to feel too small and typing too crammed so I decided to switch back to the 6 Plus. After a couple of days with it I'm so excited about it! The screen is just amazing and the battery life just blows me away. The 6 Plus is really in a different class than the 6. I'm looking forward to the 6S Plus in the Fall, mostly due to the RAM upgrade. So far I don't have any complaints about this phone. We'll see what happens in the future!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 112

dksuri

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Toronto
6 Plus battery life: excellent

a109c49dec9b52b792926737f0a7faf1.jpg

For some reason when I check battery usage is doesn't so me anything. Just the % that certain apps have used

----------

Mine seems to be worse after the last iOS update.

7h55m Usage

1 day 1 hour Standby

13%

Nothing heavier then usual. For the same usage, before the update is have closer to 20% left if not more :-/

I'm in the same boat!

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

For some reason when I check battery usage is doesn't so me anything. Just the % that certain apps have used

----------

I'm in the same boat!

You have to charge your phone all the way. And if you restart/reset it the counter goes blank and will not show usage times until you charge it completely again.

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
My battery life seems worse after these last couple software updates for some reason. Right now after 60% phone seems to drop 1 percent every few minutes, when all I'm doing right now is messages, safari and facebook.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My battery life seems worse after these last couple software updates for some reason. Right now after 60% phone seems to drop 1 percent every few minutes, when all I'm doing right now is messages, safari and facebook.

If I'm using Safari or Facebook then the battery percentage will usually drop by 1% every few minutes. The last 40% drops much quicker than the first 40% too. I think this is fairly normal behaviour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.