Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjs314

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
I see over in the Apple pre order thread that folks that didn't even order until the 20th are getting tracking numbers for pluses. That's ridiculous, why isn't Apple shipping the phones the carriers sold for them while they were sleeping???

Wishing I ordered from Apple

ktex1968

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Ridiculous, my wife's 64GB SG + that I ordered 25 minutes after mine but didn't get the confirmation for a couple of days- has shipped. #ATTFAIL!!!!! :eek:

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201

I think we all do. After this fiasco I'm pretty sure none of us will be pre-ordering from AT&T. I bit the bullet and placed my order through ATT because Apple was down, like many of us, never has it been this bad though. Only reason I'm still with them is because they have good service in my area and I still have unlimited data.

Scottadus

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
I got att to credit me the proration charge of 30 bucks. Cause obviously my phone didn't ship yesterday or there would be tracking number bat least they did that b

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
I got att to credit me the proration charge of 30 bucks. Cause obviously my phone didn't ship yesterday or there would be tracking number bat least they did that b

Well if the 877 # says it's processing, you should be receiving shipment confirmation pretty soon. That's about the only solid theory that your order will ship soon when it comes to AT&T.

falfiee

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014

Had Apple not slept in for 3 hours while cell carriers opened on time and sold millions of phones before they had coffee, there would be a different climate of thought wouldn't there?

I could be wrong but I think this was a calculated and deliberate act on Apple's part.

AT&T, VZW, SPRINT cannot ship the phones they sold until Apple ships them to them. Suddenly the carriers are the uncaring greedy incompetent giants who won't ship what the customer ordered & Apple is the hero shipping sooner than their customers expect. Genius.

DarkKnightAZ

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2010
Ordered: 01:45 AM CDT September 12, 2014
Confirmation Email: Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 1:45 AM CDT
Model: iPhone 6+
Capacity: 64GB
Color: Space Grey
Current Status: Preparing to ship
Expected Shipment: 10/02-10/13
Order number begins with 1626

Another Update..
I went "Processing" late yesterday on 877
Called the this morning and now it says "Processed"

Still says ship date of Oct 2 .

Fingers Crossed ..

Anyone received tracking after they recently went "Processed"

#attfail

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Had Apple not slept in for 3 hours while cell carriers opened on time and sold millions of phones before they had coffee, there would be a different climate of thought wouldn't there?

I could be wrong but I think this was a calculated and deliberate act on Apple's part.

AT&T, VZW, SPRINT cannot ship the phones they sold until Apple ships them to them. Suddenly the carriers are the uncaring greedy incompetent giants who won't ship what the customer ordered & Apple is the hero shipping sooner than their customers expect. Genius.

I agree with some of what you're saying, however, AT&T shares some of the blame as well. All other carriers were able to delivery their devices on launch date for the most part, and if you had an estimated shipping, it was no longer than say a week.

On the other hand, people that ordered through the AT&T site 10 minutes before official launch, immediately saw shipping estimates of 14-21 business days, which is absurd. But don't worry, you can still get on AT&T and order your new iphone, you'll maybe get it by christmas but at least it'll come gift wrapped.

I guess the lesson learned for many of us is to never........ever ever ever ever........ever ever........ever, pre-order though ATT ever again.

jricha13

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Canceled my preorder from att that said it would be here November 27th and re ordered through Apple today. Apple says I'll get it October 24th.
SG plus 128gb
Thank you! Ive been looking for someone to do that so can see how much of a difference the shipping dates are. i think i might follow your lead

WHIT3TRASH

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Update on my situ: Still nothing here, saying 10/11-10/23 delivery. 877 has said backordered for several days. I paid my bill this morning, it says my account has a Next account on it. So I guess they know how to bill, just not ship?

I ordered at 1:30am on launch morning. It's funny, I haven't "upgraded" my account to premier, all I have to do is tell them where I work, and I get a 21% discount on my bill, which averages about $350/month.

Chimera1383

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Looking at the other AT&T iPhone 6+ threads, it's starting to get a little ridiculous with how many premier members are getting their phones shipped to them who ordered hours and even days after the pre-order launch. People with delivery dates as late as the end of november got their phones shipped already. Here I am, along with many of you, who ordered before or within an hour of the pre-order launch who are still back ordered, or stuck in the forever processing hole just because we are the "peasants" of the AT&T heirarchy. I hope the CEO of AT&T is violated by pig-monkey men in the woods.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

clydefroggy

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
This is stupid, premier members with shipping date of 10/13-10-22 are getting tracking numbers. Also some premier members with a November date are getting tracking numbers. Screw At&t

Scottadus

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
It's apples fault too. I read that Apple has to send att the phones. But apple prioritizes phones to Apple stores before the carriers. So for all we know it may be months yet

sechax0r

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
6+ 64GB Non Premier Shipped!

Here is how it went for me.

Ordered: sept 12 @ 2:50am est
Confirmation @ 3:51am est
iPhone 6 plus 64gb SG
Non premiere
Estimated delivery: 10/2-10/13
Order starts with 1912 - Shipping to East Coast
As of about 3pm est Sep 25th 877# has order as being "processed"!
Updated with Shipping infor sept 26th at 10:00am EST
Fedex overnight for delivery on Monday.

EM1N3NT

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
Just received shipping & tracking!!!!!!! My order went to processing yesterday!

Ordered: 2:01 AM CDT September 12, 2014
Confirmation Email: Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 2:30 AM CDT
Model: iPhone 6+
Capacity: 64GB
Color: Space Grey
Current Status: Shipping!!!
Expected Shipment: 10/02-10/13
Order number begins with 1912

Good luck guys looks like it took less than 24hrs to ship out and get tracking #!

Also I hope to see some movement for the rest of you guys that ordered the gold and whatever else that hasn't seen progress!!

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
No. ****ing. Movement. UGH.

----------

I will NEVER pre-order from AT&T again. Ever... My Apple phone arrived yesterday. My AT&T orders are still Backordered, which I ordered 40 minutes earlier.

falfiee

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
I think we all do. After this fiasco I'm pretty sure none of us will be pre-ordering from AT&T. I bit the bullet and placed my order through ATT because Apple was down, like many of us, never has it been this bad though. Only reason I'm still with them is because they have good service in my area and I still have unlimited data.

Exactly my point, you ordered from AT&T because Apple did not go live for over 3 hours after they were supposed to which sent customers to the carriers by droves.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Again it's apples fault. They would rather sell the phone in Apple stores then through carrier

I see nothing wrong with that, it's there phone. If anything, Apple has proven it's consistency once again, even after launching it's own site way behind schedule.

Rocker22

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Update, just got a shipping number from FEDEX, over night delivery but guess they don't do Saturdays, says it's coming Monday. Went to processing around 3PM est yesterday

arson

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2004
Minnesota
Just got my tracking info directly from FedEx (signed up for their notifications). Should be here Monday... no Saturday delivery. :(

Sometime between 12PM-2PM yesterday my status when calling the 877 number went from back ordered to processing. Website just switched to shipped, but it still isn't listing the tracking number. Before that it was always "preparing to ship" since I ordered on the 12th.

itsco

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Indianapolis
If you really want something done they need more complaints. Speak up on Twitter @ both ATT and ATTCustomercare and DO NOT DM them if/when they respond keep the conversation public. Kill them with kindness and maybe we'll hear a response.

6+ 64gb SG
Pending Shipment since 3:18am sept 12th.
10/2 - 10/13

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.