Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I'll admit I was underwhelmed when I saw the iPhone 6 on the keynote and having been on Android since the release of the 5, I saw nothing to tempt me back to the iOS fold.

However, my wife decided she wanted an iPhone 6, which was delivered this morning and I have to say it is, without a doubt, the best looking phone I've ever seen (she got the silver one) - it looks and feels absolutely fantastic "in the flesh" and it has now got me seriously considering switching back to iOS.

The keynote really didn't do it justice IMO and I would definitely recommend people go and have a look at it in person if they are on the fence!

Last edited:

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I agree, I got the iPhone 6 Plus and I just cannot stop thinking how it is the most incredible phone I have ever owned.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Agreed. With the 4-5S they looked nice but didn't feel great While holding them. The 6 though, while I'm not a huge fan of the antenna bands, everything else about it is amazing. They feel amazing with the smooth rounded edges and the rounded glass.

helicopter96

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
Chicago
I'll admit I was underwhelmed when I saw the iPhone 6 on the keynote and having been on Android since the release of the 5, I saw nothing to tempt me back to the iOS fold.

However, my wife decided she wanted an iPhone 6, which was delivered this morning and I have to say it is, without a doubt, the best looking phone I've
ever seen (she got the silver one) - it looks and feels absolutely fantastic "in the flesh" and it has now got me seriously considering switching back to iOS.

The keynote really didn't do it justice IMO and I would definitely recommend people go and have a look at it in person if they are on the fence!

Absolutely true. I traded my iPhone 5S in for a 6 and I'll never regret it; the 6 just feels great in your hand.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It is so beautiful! Almost makes me wish I had just gotten the 6 and not the Plus. What do I mean by that?

If you want to enjoy your phone without a case, go for the iPhone 6. If you want a bigger screen and care less about looks, go for the iPhone 6 Plus. I went from Friday through Monday using it without a case and it is slippery! Had creeping anxiety about dropping it. Once I got it in that Apple leather case though it was golden. It's grippy but slides into my pocket easily. Side benefit: a rigid case probably helps prevent bending, but the biggest thing to avoid is putting it into really tight pants.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
i think the 6/6+ look great but i have yet to actually see one in person. i think they need to be seen/held to really appreciate them.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I knew it would happen - I have succumbed and just ordered myself one :) (128GB, Silver)

The last time I used an iPhone was my 4S with iOS 6 so I imagine things have moved on quite a bit since then - looking forward to learning iOS all over again now!

darkonex

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I knew it would happen - I have succumbed and just ordered myself one :) (128GB, Silver)

The last time I used an iPhone was my 4S with iOS 6 so I imagine things have moved on quite a bit since then - looking forward to learning iOS all over again now!

That escalated quickly

Enjoy! :D

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I am lovong my 6 and lnow I made the right choice. A friend got the Plus and we all laughed when he unboxed it, the look of horror on his face. Anyway he swapped it out and loves his 6

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
i love my 6 plus. my wife had the 6 and when I compared to my 6 plus, I felt sorry for her, and laughed so hard. I can't take anyone serious that has a regular 6 lmao

highlightshadow

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Yep ... the 6 is a lovely design .... but i have to say ... i have a silver 5 sat on my desk waiting for its new owner and its still a lovely feeling phone

But the 6 is so thin ... kinda crazy but its a slippery bugger when its naked (i used a slip-case for protection but as it comes in use)

Can't wait till apps are resized properly .... most of my daily-driver apps are still scaled but the ones updated look good.

I think the 6 looks better screen wise .... Given same PPI as the 5/5S i wasn't expecting much with the 6 but it had a look about it which has such nice tone

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
I am lovong my 6 and lnow I made the right choice. A friend got the Plus and we all laughed when he unboxed it, the look of horror on his face. Anyway he swapped it out and loves his 6

Really?

I would have laughed at all your tiny phones instead.

Like lmao.

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
i think the 6/6+ look great but i have yet to actually see one in person. i think they need to be seen/held to really appreciate them.

They do. The 6 is the first iPhone that I refuse to get a case for simply because I love the feel of it in my hand. I can't say it any less corny than that. I tried one of the Apple leather cases and it was borderline sacrilege.

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Yep ... the 6 is a lovely design .... but i have to say ... i have a silver 5 sat on my desk waiting for its new owner and its still a lovely feeling phone

But the 6 is so thin ... kinda crazy but its a slippery bugger when its naked (i used a slip-case for protection but as it comes in use)

Can't wait till apps are resized properly .... most of my daily-driver apps are still scaled but the ones updated look good.

I think the 6 looks better screen wise .... Given same PPI as the 5/5S i wasn't expecting much with the 6 but it had a look about it which has such nice tone
I don't know whether we were lucky with the 6 or unlucky with the 5S, but the screens on our two 6's are a dramatic upgrade over the screens on our two 5S phones. Side by side showing the same content, the 6 screens show superior contrast, shadow detail, and color reproduction. Images are three dimensional.

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Really?

I would have laughed at all your tiny phones instead.

Like lmao.

He was not laughing. The Plus is not for everyone. I even cut out cardboard templates for him and other to hold to see the size of the phone and he went for the Plus anyway.

Yes, really, we laughed! The look on his face was priceless.

Having a choice is good. Some reason "others" can not respect others choices if they do not agree with theirs.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
He was not laughing. The Plus is not for everyone. I even cut out cardboard templates for him and other to hold to see the size of the phone and he went for the Plus anyway.

Yes, really, we laughed! The look on his face was priceless.

Having a choice is good. Some reason "others" can not respect others choices if they do not agree with theirs.

you mean like saying your friend laughed at it when he opened it, even though you made him a cutout to see how big it was?!

grow up.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Non-negative thread, I love it. And yes the iPhone 6/6 Plus rule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.