Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doverlock

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
Austin, TX
You know, I didn't really like mine for the first few days....

But then something changed. The screen size seems normal to me now. I can't wait for all the apps to be updated!

Btw, Flipbelt came in, the 6+ fits even with my Spigen case on, albeit it looks like a snake swallowed something oversized lol. My Jaybirds are coming in tomorrow, perfect set up for my workouts! Yahoo!

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
Thoroughly enjoying my 6plus and using it so much more than I was when I had my 5. The big wow factor that still hasn't wore off is the HD screen. 5.5in. Is even big enough to really enjoy watching video. Everything is just vibrant and sharp. Been doing a lot more ebook reading on it as well.

Today I took it to a Festival and when unused was in my front pocket (comfortably) and it took not only awesome photos but also video. Shot a band and even the music sounded great and Despite a jerky hand the video played back very smoothly. Damn, I'm really impressed with this phone!

Boydr12

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Nice to see so many people loving the 6+ .. I'm sure I will too if I ever get mine. I'm watching to see what cases people like too.. carry on :)

Spigen air cushion, if you want to display the back with a thing but fairly protective case!

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I tried the 6 and wanting to find a reason to switch. But I couldn't do it. The 6 plus makes it a new experience. The 6 feels like it's annual update. Not that it's bad, just the plus give its a better experience. I don't know if I can go back to a smaller screen. Even if it means me using two hands at times. The trade off is worth it, at least to me.

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
I love mine! I'm 5'6" and have small hands and I don't have problems using it one handed. I used my boyfriend's 4S today and I couldn't believe how small it felt/looked!!!

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
My name is Matthew Romanowski, I've had every iPhone since the 3G and well, well I need to get this off my chest... I love my iPhone 6!!!!

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Here's another happy 6+ owner. I have the space gray 64 GB with the product red leather case on it. :)

I have the space gray/red leather case combo also! The space gray with the black front is sooo sexy. :cool:

Another one who looooooooooves her 6+ phone! I'll also add that I have small hands, hahaha. This is my first iPhone and for all of the previous iterations, I believe I jumped over at the right time. I already owned an iPad and a MacBook Pro, so now I feel "complete".

1) The battery life is AMAZING!
2) Beautiful, beautiful screen
3) This camera takes great pics. I mean really great pics and I love taking pics. I had a Canon camera with IS and I loved having that feature. I had shaky hands taking pics earlier today and not one pic came out blurry.
4) iOS makes sense and there's no random bloatware killing my battery life.
5) While I still prefer my iPad to read books on, this screen is big enough to look at books during travel and I don't have to carry my iPad with me for travel on the plane or waiting in the airport. Just the 6+ and my laptop for when I reach the hotel.
6) I feel like I have a mini mini-iPad with me and I don't have to pay for an extra device and data on my cellular service now. - No need to search for wifi and saving money!
7) I have a stronger right hand and pinkie finger, lol. Seriously, it took a couple of days to get over the hand fatigue, but I'm good now!
8) More cool features that are more so related to iOS and moving from Android.

Yep, love this phone! It's not going back anywhere.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I love my 64gb space grey 6 plus and also got the black apple leather case... I bought both the 6 and 6 plus on launch day... Ive used the 6 for 7 days and now im using the 6 plus and geez the 6 is going back to the store... The screen the camera and god the battery is just nuts on the 6 plus i get 13 hours of usage that's insane! Yes i looooove my 6 plus and will keep it! The 6 is also a excellent phone but i like the plus better

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
I love this phone! Both shots taken with an iPhone 6.

Came from a Droid X, to Galaxy Nexus, now to iPhone 6+

7zwvv5X.jpg

6k1Gt19.jpg

Skittlebug

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
I love this thing so much. I noticed a small tiny scratch on the screen earlier today and wanted to vomit. There are not words for how much I love this phone. I've been waiting since the four for them to make a bigger phone. I took my 5S out yesterday to take it in for trade in and couldn't believe how tiny it felt compared to the 6+ I don't know how I used such a small phone for so long.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Loving my 6+ 128 Silver. The big beautiful screen, the amazing videos, just wonderful. The problem is that I am now spoiled. When I look at my 5s I can't believe that I used a phone so small. Even the 6 looks so small. Once you go big there is no turning back!!

Wow, so far no whiners, trolls or complainers. Hope I didn't speak too soon. :cool:

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I really love mine. It's an awesome phone.

Though I have been babying it. Have a week to decide if I will keep it, my biggest concern is that I doubt it's strong enough to remain in my front pocket on a daily basis .

If it was on par with my 5s for durability, I would not even think twice keeping it.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I really love mine. It's an awesome phone.

Though I have been babying it. Have a week to decide if I will keep it, my biggest concern is that I doubt it's strong enough to remain in my front pocket on a daily basis .

If it was on par with my 5s for durability, I would not even think twice keeping it.

I've been treating mine exactly the same as I did my 5 and see no indication that it's less durable in any way.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
I like it a lot actually. At first I wasn't sure. I thought I would get too many stares because I work in the corporate world. It's actually a nice pop of color against the black face. DetroitBORG has a YouTube video showing all the leather iPhone 6 cases and he puts them on the phone. His personal favorite is the Product Red so he showcases that one a lot in the video. My only concern is the bright color leather tends to patina fast and look old. I'm still contemplating whether or not I should change it to the dark blue or black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgbsFDDHLc

Thanks! I think I will get the Red.

freeskier93

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
The screen is just incredible. Even not considering the size or resolution, it's just a flat out gorgeous display. With the incredibly thin glass it feels like your really touching the content. When you look at it from an angle there really is no percievable gap between the screen and surface.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Absolutely love the 6 Plus. I do not miss my iPhone 5 although I have unlocked to have it as my travel phone while in Europe. I have been carrying the phone in my jeans pocket as well as work suit pants no problems whatsoever!!! Battery life has been about 8 hours as a power user not too bad

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
USA
I flippin' love my 6 plus. My case came in the other day (Spigen) and that case is super. So minimal and has a great feel in hand. With the Spigen case on it, it is JUST about as thick as a naked iPhone 5...maybe thinner still.

kaZangy

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
The iPhone 6 Plus is absolutely gorgeous. I truly realized how much more I could do with it compared to my 5 when I took a couple slow-motion videos with my friends and instantly made them into a nice movie in iMovie...it's just so much more free to navigate around. The display is stunning and I'm loving my phone right now!

It's just so annoying when people hate on me for getting the Plus. Hello?? I honestly don't care that you think the screen is "STUPID BIG" or "why would you even get a phone that big" because I live by my philosophy: go all in or go home. People teasing us for getting a bigger phone need to understand it's not their phone and they can do whatever they want. I've made a decision to get the Plus.

Just don't understand the hate. But hey, we know just how damn awesome this phone is ^_^

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
A thread for people who LOVE their 6 plus

457b0c1951372c89589642b8b14e580f.jpg

That's all I have to say

When I was taking this pic someone walked past me and said he has the big phone wow!! Some people really think this phone is HUGE. Crazy!! It's an awesome phone.

CoffeeLover87

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
The Woodlands,TX
I absolutely love my 6+! I've always loved big screen phones but hated the android OS. I would always switch back to an iPhone but hated how small the screen was. Now I have the best of both worlds and couldn't be any happier! :D

richardbb85

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009
i bet half of the people here bashed samsung for their big screen back then, now apple finally caught up to it and all of a sudden it's the best thing ever. smh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.