Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makinbiscuits

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2012
I love my 6+ so much that I originally got 16GB and then realized real fast that was such a stupid decision. I looked all over for 6+'s of higher capacity and it was so difficult to get. FINALLY a by accident I found a store with a 128GB 6+. I had a reservation for a 128 regular 6, which I reluctantly was considering trading my 16 + cause I needed that extra storage and got the last 128 + in the store. Now I couldn't be happier. Love this phone, everything else is just subpar to me.

glad to hear you found one. I would hate to have to go back to a smaller screen.

----------

happy 6+ 128gb owner here. :apple::apple::apple::):):)

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
It's funny to me that I ended up liking mine so much. I have never thought I would enjoy a phone over 5" although I've toyed with the idea of an Android or Windows phone over the past couple of years because iPhone's screen was so undersized. I fully intended to buy the smaller phone but then at launch, I decided to skeptically try the Plus because of the extra features and possible increase in RAM, thinking I'd probably end up returning it. I have grown to love it. though, and wouldn't think of returning it for the 6. Typical Apple situation where they knew what I wanted before I did.....and I say this as someone who is critical of Apple's design decisions and quality control at times. This is the most I've enjoyed a new iPhone release since my first iPhone,, the 4. It's like a new product instead of an evolutionary one. And I update every year so I understand evolutionary devices.:)

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2013
Me too! Freaking love this phone! Just got ghost armor for it so I can enjoy it without a case. #SelfPromo lol

Would you mind posting some pics? I always wondered how the clear version of ghost armor would look like on an iPhone 6 Plus.

Is it like a screen protector for the back? Like Saran wrap?

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Yessir! I'm so relieved. That smaller screen just doesn't do it for me. To each their own but I got so used to the Plus already that I've found ways to use it one-handed pretty well and almost effortlessly. Will never go back to a smaller phone. And I have small hands for a dude. I play pickup football games in the fall/winter and I have to buy youth XL football gloves. LOL.

Boydr12

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
This thread is great. On another note, I absolutely love my case I got in the mail for it yesterday! Spigen air cushion. Man the back of this thing is crystal clear and it gives the gold a glossy look. I got the gunmetal and I think it looks amazing with the white front and gold back. Also rediculously impressed with how nice it is for $12 from Amazon!

jdamiano

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2014
NJ
I never was really fond of larger phones but ever since the keynote, I've been VERY curious about trying the 6 plus.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I will love my Plus once 8.1 comes out. Right now, I just really like it. Safari is just too buggy...

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Okay, so technically I actually have the iPhone 6, and not the plus, but I love my 6 and I just wanted to jump in on such a positive thread. :D

I'm REALLY glad you all like your 6+! I was getting so sick of the 6 vs. 6+ wars on the forums, and I'm really glad so many of us are happy with our choices.

Personally, I just couldn't do the Plus, mainly because I run with my phone and I actually feel like the 4.7-inch screen is the perfect size for me right now. But after trying the 6+ in the store, I think it's really amazing, and for those of you who want that screen size, I can see how it's a great choice.

So let's just be happy for each other and go back to hating on Samsung for a change, whadya say? :D

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Nice to see a positive thread. Some of the threads on here can be pretty disheartening.

Love my plus. I have wanted this phone since my iPhone 5 , almost didn't even by my 5 because I was tempted to go for the note. Glad I waited though. The plus is so enjoyable to use.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I also find it pretty amazing that each and everyday I'm loving it even more. Sure it's a huge phone but I've got so accustom to the size in such a short amount of time that my old 5 looks like child's play comparing the both. I will admit at one point I contemplated exchanging it for a regular 6 due the better portability and higher performance and graphics and animations compared to the Plus but at this point the 1080p screen and battery life outweigh those advantages on the 6. Totally satisfied with my Plus.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
glad to hear you found one. I would hate to have to go back to a smaller screen.

----------

happy 6+ 128gb owner here. :apple::apple::apple::):):)

No kidding! One thing I noticed after having the Plus for a week is how little difference in size there is between the 4S and the 5. They're both so small looking and feeling to me now. I've been yearning for a much larger iOS experience since the first iPhone. I felt like the 5 was a cop out for only increasing the height. The Plus is finally the size iOS was meant to run on. Now we just need optimized apps and 8.1!

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I absolutely love my phone. The camera, battery life, and the screen...all awesome. Like I've said before, I've found myself watching WAY media on my phone than I use to. Netflix and Directv's streaming app works wonderfully. I actually bought myself a case off Amazon and it makes the phone feel way better, without adding any extra bulk to the phone.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Do I have to?

Yes I love my iPhone 6 Plus.

It's a special kind of love, only iPhones get. No you can't have any.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
me and my wife both love our 6 Plus phones. best iPhones to date!

Same here. My wife and I love our 6 plus. I got the 64GB Grey, and she got the 64GB gold.

I asked her couple times to make sure that she likes that size. She always gives me the same answer.

I worked very hard to get those two 6 plus. I went to apple store at 2AM on 9/19.

Last edited:

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Nice to see so many people loving the 6+ .. I'm sure I will too if I ever get mine. I'm watching to see what cases people like too.. carry on :)

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
how does the red look? i am thinking about that for my 6+ 128GB when it arrives

I like it a lot actually. At first I wasn't sure. I thought I would get too many stares because I work in the corporate world. It's actually a nice pop of color against the black face. DetroitBORG has a YouTube video showing all the leather iPhone 6 cases and he puts them on the phone. His personal favorite is the Product Red so he showcases that one a lot in the video. My only concern is the bright color leather tends to patina fast and look old. I'm still contemplating whether or not I should change it to the dark blue or black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgbsFDDHLc

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I have the regular 6, but it's nice to see people actually enjoying their devices. 95% of this forum is whining and complaining about every single aspect of their devices, this thread is like an island of positivity in a sea of pessimism.

Enjoy, 6 Plus owners!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.