Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4Apples

macrumors member
May 21, 2013
Most of the changes were deeper architectural changes, such as 3rd party keyboards and new APIs. This will affect the OS much more than "closer to the surface" changes such as new features and UI tweaks.

In the long run it will be better for the user since 3rd party apps will be able to take advantage of the new APIs and have better integration and functionality. But user's won't see the benefits immediately.

I'm sure it's complicated and I'm sure that Tim Cook is ok with that answer but do you think Steve Jobs would have been ok with it? Apple didn't get to where it is with answers like that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm sure it's complicated and I'm sure that Tim Cook is ok with that answer but do you think Steve Jobs would have been ok with it? Apple didn't get to where it is with answers like that.
Plenty of things didn't go well with Steve being there too. No one knows what Steve would or wouldn't be OK with, so it's a rather pointless question thaf doesn't have a real answer.

4Apples

macrumors member
May 21, 2013
Plenty of things didn't go well with Steve being there too. No one knows what Steve would or wouldn't be OK with, so it's a rather pointless question thaf doesn't have a real answer.

I'm sure plenty of things always go wrong behind the seen but when the problems are apperent to the customers then you have a big problem. Again, when people pay premium prices we do expect premium performance and iOS8 was just a big disappointment not just for me but to allot of people.. obiously.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm sure plenty of things always go wrong behind the seen but when the problems are apperent to the customers then you have a big problem. Again, when people pay premium prices we do expect premium performance and iOS8 was just a big disappointment not just for me but to allot of people.. obiously.
Sure, but things will never go flawlessly for everyone when millions and millions of people are involved and complex computer OS and software is involved.

Euge

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2006

I don't think Tim Cook should be okay with it, nor Steve Jobs. I'm not saying it's excusable. But as a developer I can understand why this release is more difficult to manage, in spite of most consumers seeing relatively small changes.

4Apples

macrumors member
May 21, 2013
Sure, but things will never go flawlessly for everyone when millions and millions of people are involved and complex computer OS and software is involved.

Right but you can't deny that iOS 8 has been the most faulty & buggy iOS yet. I'm sure you work with software and/or for Apple so that's why you defend the program but the faults are apparent to everyone no matter what you say. It's a shame Apple release such a faulty program when they pride themselve for perfection.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Right but you can't deny that iOS 8 has been the most faulty & buggy iOS yet. I'm sure you work with software and/or for Apple so that's why you defend the program but the faults are apparent to everyone no matter what you say. It's a shame Apple release such a faulty program when they pride themselve for perfection.
It's different for many people. Many have found iOS 7.0 to be quite bad and worse than any version that they've dealt with (even iOS 8.0). Others have even found some earlier versions quite bad and potentially even worse than iOS 7.0 or 8.0.

4Apples

macrumors member
May 21, 2013
It's different for many people. Many have found iOS 7.0 to be quite bad and worse than any version that they've dealt with (even iOS 8.0). Others have even found some earlier versions quite bad and potentially even worse than iOS 7.0 or 8.0.

Some people didn't like iOS 7 because of it's esthetics, not because it was faulty. The first iOS 8 was an embarrassment, the second was horrible and was pulled out same day/morning, then the one after didn't finish addressing the problems. That's about 3 or 4 updates in less than 3 weeks and it is still not right.. someone needs to be fired.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some people didn't like iOS 7 because of it's esthetics, not because it was faulty. The first iOS 8 was an embarrassment, the second was horrible and was pulled out same day/morning, then the one after didn't finish addressing the problems. That's about 3 or 4 updates in less than 3 weeks and it is still not right.. someone needs to be fired.
Sure, some found issues with the new looks of things in iOS 7, but plenty found issues with performance and stability. iOS 8 has certainly had its share of issues and by no means is a great or even a good release, but there are quite a few people that haven't really experienced many or almost any issues with it based on their use at least (and some of them have experienced actual issues with iOS 7). So there's certainly a fair bit of subjectivity when it comes to whether or not iOS 8 is the worst one given that various people have had worse experiences with some other releases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.