Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayiw

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Congrats for that!

Apply CS is great. A few years ago I ordered online a refurbed Ipod Nano for my wife for a birthday gift. It never came. I called them and the rep tracked it and it showed in transit but no movement for over a week. So he said he'll send me a brand new one (not a refurb) via 2 Day Air. He told me if I receive the other one keep that too. I got the new one in 2 days then like a week later got the refurbed one.

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
We ordered an $8k server from Dell. They sent us someone else's server by accident and mailed our server to someone else. Called up Dell and and they said to just keep the server and mailed us a new one. That was sweet. Though we never could get support on the mistake server as the serial number wasn't in Dell's system any more and there was no record of it anywhere. Hopefully you don't have a problem like that. :)

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
The guy at the impound lot wants a new iPhone 6+ to release my car! Why didn't you tell me all the risks......... %^*}+#*!!!

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Yeah. Apple gives these away free all the time for customers that actually complain.
Yeah right. I didn't read it and don't believe the title anyway.

Apple got me a free upgrade from iPad 2 to iPad Air as well. I don't make this stuff up either.

To OP, awesome thing! You sure are a lucky person! Congratulations on your new iPhone :)

----------

Yup, this is fake. Now we have proof! Op paid $432 for his "free" Iphone 6 Lol

I guess what he showed us is that someone else paid for it, otherwise he wouldn't pay cash.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
Apple got me a free upgrade from iPad 2 to iPad Air as well. I don't make this stuff up either.

To OP, awesome thing! You sure are a lucky person! Congratulations on your new iPhone :)

----------

I guess what he showed us is that someone else paid for it, otherwise he wouldn't pay cash.

How did you get the free upgrade to iPad Air?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Looks like you paid cash? So fake story then...

Yup, this is fake. Now we have proof! Op paid $432 for his "free" Iphone 6 Lol
I worked as a cashier/customer service agent for a major grocery chain for 5 years. Paying something out in cash (exact change) is a common practice when fixing an order on a register. You - the employee - "pay" in exact change to zero out the bill. Then at the end of the night, you make adjustments when balancing the drawer/safe.

On a register, you have a few payment options: cash, debit/credit, check, etc. In this instance, the Apple employee clicked "Cash" two times. Once to tell the machine they were paying cash, and again to indicate exact change.

I believe the OP.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I worked as a cashier/customer service agent for a major grocery chain for 5 years. Paying something out in cash (exact change) is a common practice when fixing an order on a register. You - the employee - "pay" in exact change to zero out the bill. Then at the end of the night, you make adjustments when balancing the drawer/safe.

On a register, you have a few payment options: cash, debit/credit, check, etc. In this instance, the Apple employee clicked "Cash" two times. Once to tell the machine they were paying cash, and again to indicate exact change.

I believe the OP.

Lol at you comparing a supermarket register to one at an apple store. Not the same options ;)
Also 'fixing' the register like you said is not going to square off the $ left in your money drawer. You will be missing and responsible as a cashier for that missing money. At the end of the day any register has to balance out.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Lol at you comparing a supermarket register to one at an apple store. Not the same options ;)
Also 'fixing' the register like you said is not going to square off the $ left in your money drawer. You will be missing and responsible as a cashier for that missing money. At the end of the day any register has to balance out.

No. Because the manager will adjust it with petty cash. The previous poster was correct. I was a cashier manager when I was in college. A lot of registers do not have an option to adjust the price, and if they do, it will appear to be fraud by the cashier (auditors can go through the register months or years later). So it is set to cash, and adjusted with petty cash.

In the end the expense has to come from somewhere. Managers have petty cash for these kinds of reasons (and other immediate expenses, such as hiring electricians...). The manager will explain the expense in the petty cash ledger, and balance the register with the cash.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
How did you get the free upgrade to iPad Air?

Every iPad 2 has a display that ghosts (e.g. after closing Safari, you still see the back button and address bar etc.). It didn't really disturb me all that much, but since none of the two replacement iPads fixed the issue, how should they, Apple offered me a free upgrade to an iPad Air, which also ghosts, but unless the next generation iPad gets a super hyper turbo everything and splittscreen exclusively and desktop apps I wouldn't do it again.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
That's awesome. What store was it (or state if you don't feel comfortable)?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
POS is POS. It's all the same at the core.

TwoBayDude

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Yeah, this never happened. Companies just don't give away $1000 products. Sorry, not buying it.

TwoBayDude

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
You actually told a MR user "get drunk, it's fun", which kinda ruins your credibility imho. Also, you say "lookit that".

And? The fact that you're stalking my posts is just creepy, dude. I didn't tell another MR user to "get drunk, it's fun", I actually responded to an MR user asking why would they get drunk by saying "because it's fun". Get your facts straight fotze. Also, "lookit that" is an homage to my Midwestern US ancestry. That's how they say it. How do they say it where you're from? Sieg Heil?

P.S. Your sig is just a sad cry for help.

Last edited:

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
USA
That's cool and all, but you didn't add what you had for breakfast that morning. My eyes are bleeding. lol.

Vitalogy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks to everyone for the congrats.

hopefully i'll try and and exchange it for a space grey.

----------

That's awesome. What store was it (or state if you don't feel comfortable)?

New York.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.