Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Anyone ever have any luck getting their 10/2 -10/13 shipments ?

I just got my phone yesterday from my local apple store.

checked the site around 3am and Was able to place the order. Was in and out of the store in less then 5 mins and back home in 15.

ATT is nothing but a Headache and Gave me even more problems When I got home because they activated the phone on the wrong line... regardless .. I just took my old sim from my iPhone 5s and put it in the 6 plus.. BOOM all is working.

I do Wish you guys luck

Yes mine shipped 7:31 PM last night from Fort Worth.

diannao

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2010
Anyone ever have any luck getting their 10/2 -10/13 shipments ?
Yes, mine shipped today.

128GB 6P SG. Problem seems to have been on the supply (Apple) side.

Given how limited the 128GB 6P was, I suspect premier/non-premier didn't make much if any difference.

Ellie143

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Very we'll put. I agree 100%. In my case everything ATT told me turned out to be true. Phone is shipping now within the time frame anticipated. Notice I did not say promised. ATT can't ship what they have not received.

At this point it appears phones ordered early AM of 9/12 are about to ship depending on type color and memory. What I don't get is why people are on here complaining about orders no where near anticipated ship date, late October and into November. Come back when you are several days into your anticipated ship window!

Apple can't build them fast enough. And Foxconn can't find enough additional Chinese to hire, and they are in China. Not even bend gate, hair gate, or any other gates seem to be able to slow this juggernaut. It's gonna take a while to satisfy demand, be patient.
I agree with you. I don't blame Att for this but I wish some one could tell me why some of us ordered early the 13 but have shipping late in November from the start. Now I'm waiting. I do hope I get it sooner but i don't understand how this queue set up happened.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I agree with you. I don't blame Att for this but I wish some one could tell me why some of us ordered early the 13 but have shipping late in November from the start. Now I'm waiting. I do hope I get it sooner but i don't understand how this queue set up happened.

Shisssss.... Don't tell anyone else, but it's all on account of the blind folded monkey throwing darts at the ATT shipping/order fulfillment map in the annex to the CEOs office.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Please tell me you mean 9/12. I don't think I could handle you ordering on the 13th and getting your phone already :confused:

lol - I was thinking the same thing. I ordered two 6+ SG 64GB on 9/12 around lunchtime. :)

I should mention that I decided to not wait for the wife's phone and when and picked up a silver 6+ 64GB for her from the Apple Store today. She wasn't picky on the color and she's very happy with it so far!

Ellie143

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Please tell me you mean 9/12. I don't think I could handle you ordering on the 13th and getting your phone already :confused:

I've seen them ordered on the 26 and delivered. The 13th is still a preorder day. That's what u folks told me the other day. Every day before 19th issa preorder day.

Last edited:

st0ny

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Shisssss.... Don't tell anyone else, but it's all on account of the blind folded monkey throwing darts at the ATT shipping/order fulfillment map in the annex to the CEOs office.

AT&T wouldn't waste $ on a monkey. It's a bot, and his motto is: NOT TODAY, as in... am I getting my iphone today? Or... Did you get those back orders processed?

ScottJ

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
SoCal
I get a little hung up,on these dates .why would anyone who has a preorder be shipping in November. That has never made sense , sure it may have something to do with the queue but why does someone who orders after me fall in to a queue for Oct and I have to wait till thanksgiving. And what would that have to do with warehousing. I live in one of the most populace areas of the country so. Ca and they have warehouses coming out of the cracks here. Why is my 13 order date so far behind everyone else's. Explain it to me. Now :cool::cool:that is my bitch for the week, thank you. And yes I called the president twice. So pooh pooh! I Want my phone mailed to me. I don't plan on running all over the country looking for one and I don't care whose fault it is apples or Att. Oh that felt good(sigh)

There may be warehouses popping out from the cracks in SoCal, but the warehouse that will ship your iPhone is located at 13550 Independence Parkway in Fort Worth. I don't know how many distribution centers AT&T has, but if SoCal phones are coming from Fort Worth, there can't be much more than a handfull for the entire U.S.

I received my iPhone 6 (not a Plus) on Tuesday, and discovered that it had been manufactured in Week 34 (last week of August). Considering that people ordering directly from Apple are now receiving Week 39/Week 40 iPhones, some of these phones being provided by Apple to AT&T have been sitting around for a few weeks. I contacted AT&T about this issue, and they told me that they're sending phones out as fast as they come in from Apple. (They were careful not to blame Apple for the delays...)

Theelectrician

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
I just got back from costco where I saw first iphoneplus :eek::eek:And I touched it too it isn't going to be too big for my little granny hands like my son thought. It will be great. Of course they had none in stock but that's the first store in my area of orange county ca that had a demo. :D:D:D

OC is my area too, and its bone dry, all stores!

jim.hickman.777

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I got this update just now notice the updated shipping date

Phone/Device:Apple iPhone 6 (16GB Silver)Mobile Share Value for iPhone on 4G LTE
Processing
Previous Ship Date: 10/16/2014 To 10/27/2014

Expected Ship Date: 10/09/2014 To 10/17/2014

Ellie143

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
OC is my area too, and its bone dry, all stores!

Bone dry is right. The other day we went to a mall where they had several phone stores, also Walmart and target in area. Not even a demo All I wanted was a demo so I could hold phone in my hand. Went to cosco today and they did have a demo. I was so excited over that phone I couldn't believe. No one in our area has any stock at all. California :cool:

CorCat87

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
i guess this is a good thing for some of us? lol

Attachments

• screen-capture-7.png
    screen-capture-7.png
    585.7 KB · Views: 239

darkarw

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2014
This can't be good for all of us!!!

Workers at a Foxconn factory in China just walked off the job http://a.mynews.ly/!ED.By4d4

Kmagn13

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2014
This can't be good for all of us!!!

Workers at a Foxconn factory in China just walked off the job http://a.mynews.ly/!ED.By4d4
They have over 1 million workers, and 30000 at this plant alone.. 1000 protest, I think we are good.

thedessie

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010

I ordered midafternoon the 12th and I have been in November all along. It's not just the 13th.

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
I'm proud to state that on October 9, 2014 I didn't check the status of my phone anywhere on any website or number. Harass any customer service reps of ATT or Apple. And barely posted or checked here.

Lol. That being said. I'm going to go check on it now. Lol.

Esot-eric

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
I'm proud to state that on October 9, 2014 I didn't check the status of my phone anywhere on any website or number. Harass any customer service reps of ATT or Apple. And barely posted or checked here.

Lol. That being said. I'm going to go check on it now. Lol.

Awww you were doing so well!

I have a feeling that shipments will pick up and the late October/early Nov phones will arrive earlier than expected. Remember the ship date is an "estimate" that AT&T is banking on will actually happen - you would think those ship dates are generated intelligently to protect the company from backlash should they face delays. I do think if you do not get a tracking number within the estimated date range, you have grounds to be very upset. Until then, its hurry up and wait like everyone else here has done, even those who ordered once the website opened at 2330PST on the Sept 11.

I know a few 6p shipped early, but a lot of the phones received within a week of the sale date (Sept 19) were regular iPhone 6's, not the 6p. The 128gb versions definitely seem to be rare birds, which is to be expected because the 16gb version is probably the one people buy most. I'll be honest - I have no idea how someone can survive with just 16gb on an iphone. Even my 4S was a 64GB version and its full.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Hold on in there. I was a 3AM pre order and just shipped. So give it one more week.

While I know my dates say, 10/13 - 10/22, they have until 10/15 for my status to show a change. I leave for WDW on the evening of 10/17. I'm canceling my order on the afternoon of 10/15. I have no early termination fee on any device on my account.

If I'd known what a debacle this would have been, I'd have waited in line on release day rather than bother with the whole AT&T pre-order. While I know Apple has limited the supply it is AT&T that took the orders. Hopefully, they have learned in business it is always better to under promise and over deliver.
#utter-failure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.