Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ellie143

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
I looked back on site and notice a week ago we had some movement. :(
Took another look and changed my mind. Not Much movement. I am just clutching at straws. Oh well. I'm hanging it up for weekend. No checking today. Wow starting the 5th week now.

Last edited:

1stMidpoint

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
My nightmare is over. My SG 128 ordered at 12:56PDT is out for delivery now. I'm sorry you guys are still waiting. This whole situation sucks I hope you get your phones soon.

tag29m

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
Anyone with 10/29/14 - 11/07/14 ship date seen any movement with their orders?

Those of us in the 10-13 / 10-22 group aren't seeing movement... don't expect you will see any movement yet. At this point I would be expecting your phone during the window given. Earliest mine can ship given the holiday weekend is now on the 14th so god willing it will make the given window. (for reference 6+ 128gb space grey)

Ellie143

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Ordered sept 13th,shipping dates 11/9-11/27

Since October shipping still in limbo good chance I won't get my phone until November. Oh well I'll have my 82 nd birthday on nov 11. Hopefully It comes by than. Or maybe it will be abig thanksgiving Turkey. :(

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Here is the history data of my iPhone upgrade adventure 2014 for everyone's information. There is hope everyone, good luck to all!

Ordered two phones morning of 9/12 preorder day, one on Apple App other on ATT site. Both phones 6 Plus Space Grey 128GB. Both phones under ATT Family Value Plan, Next upgrades.

Apple
Order date - Friday 9/12/14 03:20 AM EDT
Confirmed expected arrival date - Friday 9/19/14 (Launch Day)
Actual received date - Friday 9/19/14 @ 4:35 PM EDT via UPS (Signature req)
Phone flawless, set up via iTunes, restore to backed up 5s data.
Purchased AppleCare+ and Black leather case @ Apple Store 9/20/14
Purchased Zagg HD screen cover @ ATT store 9/22/14
Waiting for 6s+ upgrade Sep 2015, searching for leaks rumors......starts again!

ATT
Ordered - Fri 9/12 03:40 AM EDT on line ATT site
Confirmation - 9/12 2:53 AM CDT 14 to 21 bus day ship $47.50 added to bill
Expected ship on 9/12 - 10/13 to 10/22 online and phone checks
Expected ship changed 9/18 - 10/02 to 10/13 (preparing to ship/backordered)
Email of ship - received 10/08 10:33 PM EDT
Actual ship - 10/08 7:38 PM via USPS from Fort Worth TX
USPS tracking planned arrival date - Sat 10/11/14
Actual received - Sat 10/11/14 @ 11:08 AM EDT (reg mailman no sig)
Phone flawless, will set up via iTunes, restore to backed up 5s data.
Previous purchased Black leather case via Apple Store online
Going to purchased AppleCare+ @ Apple Store today, 10/11/14
Previous purchased Zagg HD screen cover @ ATT store 9/22/14
:apple:

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
Ordered on Apple Site 9/17, shipping 3-4 weeks, delivery Oct 16 - Oct 23

iPhone 6 Plus, Slate Gray, 64gb
Ordered on Apple Site 9/17,
Originally promised: shipping 3-4 weeks, delivery Oct 16 - Oct 23

Status changed to PREPAIRING TO SHIP two days ago
Shipped late yesterday
UPS Tracking estimates delivery on Oct 16

In all I purchased 2 iPhone 6 pluses, and 2 iPhone 6 minuses for myself and family, all from the apple site at different times, starting the first morning preorders were available. Three have been delivered earlier than promised and shipped earlier than promised. The fourth shipped at the earliest date of the promised range.

You have to be pleased when a company keeps or surpasses all their delivery promises.

falfiee

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
iPhone 6 Plus, Slate Gray, 64gb
Ordered on Apple Site 9/17,
Originally promised: shipping 3-4 weeks, delivery Oct 16 - Oct 23

Status changed to PREPAIRING TO SHIP two days ago
Shipped late yesterday
UPS Tracking estimates delivery on Oct 16

In all I purchased 2 iPhone 6 pluses, and 2 iPhone 6 minuses for myself and family, all from the apple site at different times, starting the first morning preorders were available. Three have been delivered earlier than promised and shipped earlier than promised. The fourth shipped at the earliest date of the promised range.

You have to be pleased when a company keeps or surpasses all their delivery promises.

I am an Apple customer who purchased a 6+ 128 Gold from their reseller, AT&T, at 3:24AM CDT on 9/12, while they slept in. I am still Backordered

I would be happy with a company who didn't leave their indirect customers hung out to dry.

I am, in the meantime, babying my 3-year-old 4S along, hoping the battery will hold out until Apple decides I am important enough to ship my phone to AT&T so they can ship it to me.

This is my first experience with Apple new releases and preorders. It will be my last. By the time the 6+ gives out, I will have researched a replacement that will fill my needs because, obviously, Apple doesn't care whether I buy their iPhone or not.

rex1266

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
ATT is...

well...you can fill in the blanks there...

So after I preordered my 128g plus and completed it 10 minutes before launch..i first received a november shipping...it eventually got down to 10/2-10/13..... I also purchased a basic phone as a second line....

Later in the day i got a phone call saying my card was declined..called and approved but at that point my order was pushed further in the que...

waited and waited and nothing changed... until today and kept checking this forum to see where everyone was at....and after finally waiting for so long i gave up and was LUCKY enough to find a device at a Best Buy Mobile store via: idevicechecker.com

I would definetely recommend it..got there wiht no line and got my new SILVER 128 gb plus...and I decided to stay with my carrier.. ATT customer service was worthless...they didn't know what they were talking about and was always getting the run around..ontop of that the LG basic phone I ordered was in stock but they never shipped it to me and its always says backordered.....

So moral of the story - dont go to att, don't preorder with att, and just order through apple and/or check the idevicechecker..it worked for me!

Good luck yall..so happy i got my new phone.:confused:

duron1984

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
I ordered through att because I was afraid I would lose my unlimited data plan. How did people order through apple? Did the Apple site let them renew their contact without changing it?

Ellie143

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
I ordered through att because I was afraid I would lose my unlimited data plan. How did people order through apple? Did the Apple site let them renew their contact without changing it?

I ordered through ATT because I wanted next. I got a great new data plan for 15.00 less a month than I paid before. Rather than keep ny plan I had which I would have had to sign another 2 year contract for I went with next. My plan price(no contract ) dropped 15.00. I do have a two year contract financing my phone but hope to pay that off ahead. I know everyone hates Att right now but I think Apple really initially screwed up. None of them seemed to know what they were doing. I'm afraid I'll have to hold my breath and wait until November. :eek:

smooth

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
Detroit
I've had my 6+ for almost 2 weeks now but for some reason still follow this thread. I have noticed a trend. Usually when someone posts a quote of someone receiving their phone before them it is a different color or storage model. I know they are all 6+'s but isn't it like comparing apples to oranges?

So here's a question: I am a premier customer. Ordered 2 SG 64gb phones back-to-back approx 6:30 am EST on the 12. Original ship dates 10.27-11.11 and both moved up to 10.01-10.13. Both phones received on 9.29.

Did anyone who ordered SG 64gb phones before 6:30 am on the 12th receive them after 9.29 or still waiting?

falfiee

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
I've had my 6+ for almost 2 weeks now but for some reason still follow this thread. I have noticed a trend. Usually when someone posts a quote of someone receiving their phone before them it is a different color or storage model. I know they are all 6+'s but isn't it like comparing apples to oranges?

So here's a question: I am a premier customer. Ordered 2 SG 64gb phones back-to-back approx 6:30 am EST on the 12. Original ship dates 10.27-11.11 and both moved up to 10.01-10.13. Both phones received on 9.29.

Did anyone who ordered SG 64gb phones before 6:30 am on the 12th receive them after 9.29 or still waiting?

I understand what you're saying. I ordered a 6+ 128 Gold at 3:24AM on the 12th so the only thing I'm looking at are those.

Westfusion

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Well finally my wife's iPhone 6+ 16GB Gold arrived today!
Ordered 09/12 at 1:06AM NON PREMIER
Delivery dates 10/13 - 10/22

Now we both have ours! I hope u guys get yours this week!

NEVER, EVER order from ATT again!!!!

darkarw

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2014
My 9/12 ordered SG+ 128gb arrived today. She's a beauty. Good luck everyone.

Just out of curiosity, what time of the day did you order your phone? Was it in store or online? Premier or not? I'm only asking cause I ordered the same phone on the 12th at 9 AM CST, just curious. Thanks in advance for the info and I'm glad you got your phone!

Last edited:

Esot-eric

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
Just out of curiosity, what time of the day did you order your phone? Was it in store or online? Premier or not? I'm only asking cause I ordered the same phone on the 12th at 9 AM CST, just curious. Thanks in advance for the info and I'm glad you got your phone!

Premier, ordered online about 0030-0100PST on the 12th (basically right after the preorder opened). It was on an upgrade, not next.

bluntobject50

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I think I might have just locked down a 64GB SG 6+. I originally ordered a gold but will go with the SG. Hopefully it works out because I do not want to wait for November.

Just got my phone. Didn't go as easily as I hoped...but it's done... Never again.

Cancelled at&t and purchased directly from Apple.

Esot-eric

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
Just got my phone. Didn't go as easily as I hoped...but it's done... Never again.

Cancelled at&t and purchased directly from Apple.

A lot of people are doing this and for most, it is equivalent. However, if you are trading up from an iPhone 4/4s, do not cancel your preorder - the tradein credit during the preorder is $200. ATT reduced it to $100 now. So if you cancel the preorder and buy from apple, you lose $100 worth of rebate.

Professor007

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Texas
Me too!

I have an expected delivery date of 10/29-11/07. I'm pretty sure I've only seen one other person with that window.

I am in your boat with the same exact delivery dates for the Silver 6+ 128 GB. I placed my order on 9/20 with AT&T since I was eligible for the upgrade and while I am not terribly impatient in receiving mine, my old 4S is busting at the seams with limited storage capacity (yes, I am still stuck in prehistoric times). I should have cancelled with AT&T and purchased the phone while I was in the Apple store yesterday when I was having my old Macbook serviced. There are two Apple stores in my city, but again, I wasn't all that impatient. Apple also honors the NEXT plan, too, if eligible. Had I known this, I would have gone straight to Apple in late September. My status "preparing to ship" hasn't moved since 9/20.

Does anyone know how soon your upgrade will be reinstated if you cancel your order with AT&T and buy one at the Apple store assuming that a.) you are in the store and b.) are told there are a few of the phones you want are in stock? I did not want to call AT&T inside the Apple store and wait an hour on the phone with AT&T to cancel and have them reinstate my upgrade 48 hours later. If the reinstatement is immediate, then it might be worth the hassle of calling AT&T while in the store. I am keeping my old 4S since it is sentimental, so no phone credit for me -- just wanting to cancel my order with AT&T.

Last edited:

Priyasaurus

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
I am in your boat with the same exact delivery dates for the Silver 6+ 128 GB. I placed my order on 9/20 with AT&T since I was eligible for the upgrade and while I am not terribly impatient in receiving mine, my old 4S is busting at the seams with limited storage capacity (yes, I am still stuck in prehistoric times). I should have cancelled with AT&T and purchased the phone while I was in the Apple store yesterday when I was having my old Macbook serviced. There are two Apple stores in my city, but again, I wasn't all that impatient. Apple also honors the NEXT plan, too, if eligible. Had I known this, I would have gone straight to Apple in late September. My status "preparing to ship" hasn't moved since 9/20.

Does anyone know how soon your upgrade will be reinstated if you cancel your order with AT&T and buy one at the Apple store assuming that a.) you are in the store and b.) are told there are a few of the phones you want are in stock? I did not want to call AT&T inside the Apple store and wait an hour on the phone with AT&T to cancel and have them reinstate my upgrade 48 hours later. If the reinstatement is immediate, then it might be worth the hassle of calling AT&T while in the store. I am keeping my old 4S since it is sentimental, so no phone credit for me -- just wanting to cancel my order with AT&T.

I put in an order for the exact phone on the 13 and got 11/7-11/28 shipping dates. so consider yourself lucky!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.