Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
There you go, there are lots of people (e.g. construction workers, tradesmen) who required cases like Otterbox. But have you seen anyone driving on public roads wearing a helmet and a firesuit? No. So your example is ridiculous.

Like I said, if you dig ditches for a living an Otterbox might make sense, but so too would an Android or an iPhone 5S. The iPhone 6 is a very dainty piece of technology. Trying to make Clark Kent into Superman only takes place in comic books.

Have you actually read what I posted earlier? I said something like an ACCIDENT can happen to anyone. You don't have to be abusive towards your iPhone for something to hit the phone. For example you could just be holding your iPhone when you suddenly swing around, the bottom part of the phone hit the edge of a table.

Well, your iPhone 6 in an Otterbox could slip out of your hands and under the wheels of a bus and crushed beyond all repair. So it's best if you skip the cellphone thing altogether, perhaps try a carrier pigeon.

In that scenario, a case which covers the bottom of the iPhone will provide more protection than a case without.

So what? I'd just buy a new one. It's not like they're expensive.

BJ

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
Edfoo, I do believe you may be missing the point of a case for a high-power businessman like BJ. As an astonishingly successful man - a gentleman, if you will - he treats his possessions with only the utmost care. Such a man uses a case not for protection but to flaunt his success and most importantly, to differentiate his iPhone from those of the masses of clumsy and stupid oafs who can barely afford, much less care for one.

You see, while people like us may need cases in case of accidents, he needs no case at all. As such, his case is an implicit statement of his impeccable taste and to the keen observer conveys his superlative appreciation for the very finest this world has to offer in the realms of technology, fashion, and culture. What of the millions of plebs who use identical cases on their identical iPhones? In this case, it is the man who makes the case, and oh what a singular man indeed!

Knliebe

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014

glad you enjoyed them. It pissed some others off not sure why. I love the shot above as it's a really interesting angle showing how slim, protective, and interesting the apple leather case is.

I just ordered the biggest, most expensive ipad available so i'll post up some more pictures of that, probably in front of the beach house or the trophy wife.

Bj

lol

edfoo

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Australia
Like I said, if you dig ditches for a living an Otterbox might make sense, but so too would an Android or an iPhone 5S. The iPhone 6 is a very dainty piece of technology. Trying to make Clark Kent into Superman only takes place in comic books.

When did I ever mention we all need a case to make our iPhone indestructible? Stop going off the topic. We were talking about a case which covers most of the bottom part of an iPhone vs a case which has big gap, which one will provide more protection to the phone's bottom part? Guess.

Well, your iPhone 6 in an Otterbox could slip out of your hands and under the wheels of a bus and crushed beyond all repair. So it's best if you skip the cellphone thing altogether, perhaps try a carrier pigeon.

Again, I never say those big bulky cases will make your iPhone indestructible. Again I was just talking about cases provide protection for the bottom part of the phone. If you say Apple case is all one need to provide protection because you are very careful with your phone, then I could also ask you why not just go naked with your iPhone? Since you are so careful, you shouldn't need any case at all.

So what? I'd just buy a new one. It's not like they're expensive.

Good for you that you are so rich you can go buy infinite number of iPhones. Do you want me to give you an award now for being so rich?

----------

Edfoo, I do believe you may be missing the point of a case for a high-power businessman like BJ...

Hehe.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Edfoo, I do believe you may be missing the point of a case for a high-power businessman like BJ. As an astonishingly successful man - a gentleman, if you will - he treats his possessions with only the utmost care. Such a man uses a case not for protection but to flaunt his success and most importantly, to differentiate his iPhone from those of the masses of clumsy and stupid oafs who can barely afford, much less care for one.

You see, while people like us may need cases in case of accidents, he needs no case at all. As such, his case is an implicit statement of his impeccable taste and to the keen observer conveys his superlative appreciation for the very finest this world has to offer in the realms of technology, fashion, and culture. What of the millions of plebs who use identical cases on their identical iPhones? In this case, it is the man who makes the case, and oh what a singular man indeed!

Cheap, free Androids are designed to be abused. Expensive, pricey iPhone 6's are designed to be treated with respect. Next time you come to visit me in one of my several homes my manservant won't serve you Merlot in a plastic cup because I suspect you know how to treat Lalique crystal.

When did I ever mention we all need a case to make our iPhone indestructible? Stop going off the topic. We were talking about a case which covers most of the bottom part of an iPhone vs a case which has big gap, which one will provide more protection to the phone's bottom part? Guess.

So you're saying that out of the 100 cases that currently exist for the iPhone 6 ones with open bottoms disappoint you and we should discuss that for three days. Can you draw some diagrams so we really get your point?

Again, I never say those big bulky cases will make your iPhone indestructible. Again I was just talking about cases provide protection for the bottom part of the phone. If you say Apple case is all one need to provide protection because you are very careful with your phone, then I could also ask you why not just go naked with your iPhone? Since you are so careful, you shouldn't need any case at all.

So you're saying if the sky is grey and people are using umbrellas and you're getting wet it's raining. Truly appreciate that.

Good for you that you are so rich you can go buy infinite number of iPhones. Do you want me to give you an award now for being so rich.

It would be nice if someone was happy for my success here, yes, an award would be a proper gesture.

BJ

gppittjk

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I got this new transparent gold case by Rock. It actually looks pretty nice on the Silver iPhone 6. I have a few pictures here of the case on a Silver dummy. Since I have a Space Gray phone the transparent gold doesn't look as nice over Space Gray because it looks more bronze.

Do you have any pictures of the gold case on the space gray phone? I'm curious about the bronze color you mention.

Thanks!

Geefiasco

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
Exchanged my black leather Apple case for a white silicone one. Feels great and looks even better! Love it.

Attachments

• IMG_5299.JPG
    IMG_5299.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,185
  • IMG_5300.JPG
    IMG_5300.JPG
    974.5 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_5298.JPG
    IMG_5298.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 479
  • IMG_5296.JPG
    IMG_5296.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 675
  • IMG_5295.JPG
    IMG_5295.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 984

Geefiasco

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
Also had my Rock Ultrathin delivered from a UK eBay Store.

It was listed as 0.7mm (6 Plus). The cut outs make me think it's an old model? as they look a little big. The Rock logo is on the side, not the back.

It's a decent case. I prefer TPU over the hard plastic transparent cases, so I'll probably keep it as a secondary case.

Attachments

• IMG_5313.JPG
    IMG_5313.JPG
    909 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_5310.JPG
    IMG_5310.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_5305.JPG
    IMG_5305.JPG
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_5302.JPG
    IMG_5302.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_5309.JPG
    IMG_5309.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 207

prophecyave

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
I posted this yesterday but here's the Gold 6 with the midnight blue Apple leather case. Fits very snug, feels great in hand & has a little lip for when face down. Open bottom but the case extends beyond it a tad on the sides. Now to find a screen protector...

ITS SOO BEAUTIFUL ORDERED MY BLUE RIGHT NOW:apple::apple::apple:

waxlabo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Do you have any pictures of the gold case on the space gray phone? I'm curious about the bronze color you mention.

Thanks!

Yes, this is what I have before I let it go. Transparent 0.6mm Rock on Space Gray iPhone 6.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 349
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 335

pbasmadj

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2013
San Francisco, California
How does the White silicone hold up in terms of grub/dirt?

I'm so tempted to get one for my white Plus.

Not a problem at all, I love it. Still white as day one. If it starts to get a little dirty (which it really doesn't), remove the phone, then carefully soap the silicone down and quickly rinse it off with water in the sink, clean with microfiber cloth, avoiding the interior felt. Pristine. Definitely go with this case! I typically go through and detail my MBA and Phone once a week or so, so I do this then, it is my favorite case I have ever had for any iPhone.

----------

Exchanged my black leather Apple case for a white silicone one. Feels great and looks even better! Love it.

Beautiful! Good taste can't be emulated.

----------

It was listed as 0.7mm (6 Plus). The cut outs make me think it's an old model? as they look a little big. The Rock logo is on the side, not the back.

It's a decent case. I prefer TPU over the hard plastic transparent cases, so I'll probably keep it as a secondary case.

Not a fan of those cases, inevitably get microscratches all over and just look horrible. Really don't like them. And the feel of that hard clear plastic is just atrocious and so cheap. Would never buy that.

----------

That Apple leather case is not worth $50. You can get nicer leather cases for less, or absolutely gorgeous leather cases for more. Honestly if I were a rich businessman looking to flaunt my success, I'd get 8 of the most expensive Vaja cases available and assign one to each day of the week, with one reserved for power summit lunches or trophy mistress trysts.

You need to think outside the box and do something with your iPhone beyond reach of the plebs.

Meh, looked over their site, while I appreciate the direction they are going, it isn't done quite right and the designs are not a 10/10. Wouldn't buy

poshrobot

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
WI
da1a3617ab29cc013e9c807dd44b5e4a.jpg

I didn't like the smooth/glossy feel of the back of the Spiegen Air Cushion case, so I customized it today.

markswit

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2014
I'd feel like a plonker posting pictures with my Aston Martin keys, let alone BMW keys... But each to their own.

Appreciate the pictures of the cases though - I still cannot decide which I like!

edfoo

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Australia
you're saying that out of the 100 cases that currently exist for the iPhone 6 ones with open bottoms disappoint you and we should discuss that for three days. Can you draw some diagrams so we really get your point?

Not interested to discuss anymore, fine but why bring this point up again?

So you're saying if the sky is grey and people are using umbrellas and you're getting wet it's raining. Truly appreciate that.

Don't understand your statement there, so no I didn't say that.

It would be nice if someone was happy for my success here, yes, an award would be a proper gesture.

There you go, congrats:
The-Donald-Trump-Award--63262.jpg

gppittjk

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
That Apple leather case is not worth $50. You can get nicer leather cases for less, or absolutely gorgeous leather cases for more. Honestly if I were a rich businessman looking to flaunt my success, I'd get 8 of the most expensive Vaja cases available and assign one to each day of the week, with one reserved for power summit lunches or trophy mistress trysts.

You need to think outside the box and do something with your iPhone beyond reach of the plebs.

If that monocozzi brown PU leather case, styled similarly to the apple one, were real leather, I'd have bought it . But I'm not paying $35 for fake leather. Wish Apple had released a more tan shade of leather than the deep brown they did.

Edit: Link for those wondering.

http://www.monocozzi.com/product/soft-leather-shell-case-for-iphone-6-4-7-4/

If anyone sees a real leather case that looks like this, please give me a shout!

pbasmadj

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2013
San Francisco, California
If that monocozzi brown PU leather case, styled similarly to the apple one, were real leather, I'd have bought it . But I'm not paying $35 for fake leather. Wish Apple had released a more tan shade of leather than the deep brown they did.

If anyone sees a real leather case that looks like this, please give me a shout!

Agree the brown they chose is so so ugly. I have been very happy with the Apple white silicone though.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
Cheap, free Androids are designed to be abused. Expensive, pricey iPhone 6's are designed to be treated with respect. Next time you come to visit me in one of my several homes my manservant won't serve you Merlot in a plastic cup because I suspect you know how to treat Lalique crystal.

You're manservant can just hand me the bottle in a paper bag, that's how I usually roll. ;) BTW, I'm a Pinot Noir man.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012

The nice thing about the Apple case is that it's compatible with docks and various attachments. It covers the corners so if the phone is dropped it will still hit the case, for whatever good it does. I don't view the Apple leather case as being useful to protect against anything but light scratches, but to each their own.

Last edited:

ghrimm

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Ringke Slim

White Ringke Slim iPhone 6+
attachment.php

attachment.php

Camera doesn't protrude past the case
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,641
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,579
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,559

mikeydooodie

macrumors member
May 13, 2008

i got my rock case yesterday the cut out was so bad i got so mad and just threw it out. horrible craftsmanship and being i got it from china iwasnt wasting time sending it back

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I'm really jealous how some of you guys got some nice looking cases right off the bat. I've purchsed the Apple leather and the Spigen, both I'm not liking very much but what can I do since I opened them. Have to give myself another few months before getting new ones! #

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.