Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
so after 2 weeks apple finally managed to replace my screen and the housing including the battery ... now i get home, thinking everything is fine (i even checked it right at the store) only to realize now in the dark environment that the keyboard backlight isnt working :mad: i think they messed up!

guess i have to go all the way back AGAIN ... its a 2 hours drive one way fml.

already tried a SMC reset, but nothing

Last edited:

rmackner

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
so after 2 weeks apple finally managed to replace my screen and the housing including the battery ... now i get home, thinking everything is fine (i even checked it right at the store) only to realize now in the dark environment that the keyboard backlight isnt working :mad: i think they messed up!

guess i have to go all the way back AGAIN ... its a 2 hours drive one way fml.

already tries a SMC reset, but nothing

Only in dark environment the backlight keys don't light up?

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Only in dark environment the backlight keys don't light up?

they dont light up at all but i didnt notice it while i was at the apple store when i got it back cuz it was day time so they wouldnt have been on anyway. when i click the backlight buttons on the keyboard i get the pop up but its just a line without the dots to indicate the level of backlight brightness

rmackner

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
they dont light up at all but i didnt notice it while i was at the apple store when i got it back cuz it was day time so they wouldnt have been on anyway. when i click the backlight buttons on the keyboard i get the pop up but its just a line without the dots to indicate the level of backlight brightness

Ohh sorry I thought you meant in the new dark mode offered in 10.10 haha. Strange about the line without the dots, most of the time that means it can't find a driver related to the hardware that you are attempting to use. You could try going to System Preferences → Keyboard, and unchecking the “Automatically illuminate keyboard in low light” setting. That should prevent the “disabled” icon altogether.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
You don't have to drive 2 hours. Just call Apple and they'll send you a shipping box.

Not here they don't.

But I got it fixed, they forgot a cable and didn't do the quality check using their software properly so they missed it

Crugga

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2010
Im sure they would if you push.
The Uk will be they will try their hardest to get you to bring it in but will let you post if you push for it or take to an authorised centre.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Not here they don't.

But I got it fixed, they forgot a cable and didn't do the quality check using their software properly so they missed it

That happens but I can see how frustrating that could be, I'm glad you got it resolved.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
... but... they're "genius's"

funny enough ... i set down making sure everythings fine after i got it back from repair for the 2nd time and did a hardware test myself. it eventually spit out a warning and an error code so i asked for the genius again and he didnt know what the error code meant so he went on google and read a thread on MACRUMORS about it ...

he still didnt find out what the error code meant so i googled myself while still being at the apple store and it turned out to be that this error appears when you do the hardware test without the charger being plugged in.

useless geniuses

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
OMG Worst experience EVER!!! EVER!!!!

the amount of drama queens on this forum is astounding.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
OMG Worst experience EVER!!! EVER!!!!

the amount of drama queens on this forum is astounding.

now whos the drama queen :rolleyes:

--

8 hours total on a train
2 repairs for the same thing within a week
2,5 weeks for the "first" repair that was supposed to take 3-5 days
6 phone calls to the apple store
5 calls without someone getting back to me as promised
clueless geniuses

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008

--

8 hours total on a train
clueless geniuses

Still you clearly.

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX

--

8 hours total on a train
clueless geniuses

If I were you, I'd take it up with Apple management. You know, instead of complaining on MacRumors. But, that's just me.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Still you clearly.

If I were you, I'd take it up with Apple management. You know, instead of complaining on MacRumors. But, that's just me.

wow ... just wow ... you guys are more obnoxious than people at one of those Gossip Sites. anyway its all settled now. dont even know why this thread was brought back alive in the first place

and in case you guys have forgotten where you are
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Thread

tumblr_mxkcqgBQiQ1t6wnvoo2_500.gif

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
wow ... just wow ... you guys are more obnoxious than people at one of those Gossip Sites.
To be fair, you titled your thread "Worst Apple Store Experience EVER!", and then went on to post about a fairly mundane Apple Store experience.

No angry confrontation with the Genius, telling you that your repair isn't covered under warranty? No managers giving you attitude or asking you to leave the store? No calls to AppleCare, where they promise you something, and then you get to the store, and find out AppleCare's never contacted the store on your behalf? You didn't have to CC: Tim Cook on emails until someone from the Executive Relations team got involved?

Those are all the basic ingredients of most of the other "Worst Apple Store Visit Ever" posts on MacRumors.

Your experience seems to boil down to "the Genius forgot to hook my keyboard light cable back up, so I went back to the store and got it fixed. Oh, and I figured out that the tech employees there don't actually have genius-level IQs".

It sucks that you had to waste so much of your time because the guy made a mistake. I think everyone here feels for you on that. But in the realm of Apple Store experiences posted on here, that doesn't rank anywhere near the worst, which is why I think the joke about being a drama queen came into play.

Last edited:

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
wow ... just wow ... you guys are more obnoxious than people at one of those Gossip Sites. anyway its all settled now. dont even know why this thread was brought back alive in the first place

and in case you guys have forgotten where you are
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Thread

I'm obnoxious for stating the obvious? You received bad service. I suggested you take it up with Apple and let them know. How else are they going to get better, unless you let them know? I would say that you are obnoxious for just ranting on the internet about it.
Oh, and you are welcome as well.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.