Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestroX2

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
:mad::mad: Customer activates the line with LG enV and UDP converts to 2GB. He is on his own when I already said Verizon 4G Smartphone !!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
:mad::mad: Customer activates the line with LG enV and UDP converts to 2GB. He is on his own when I already said Verizon 4G Smartphone !!

He can probably get it changed back if he gets a phone. Jules mentioned something called an IPR (or something like that).

----------

how quickly have u guys aoled a line before after adding a line?

As soon as the buyer accepts liability, it comes off your account and you can add another line.

daboybk

macrumors member
May 16, 2012
Transfer where? to a sub account? I don't know how did people with individual UDP line to more lines….
Why would it close your account?
Sorry about that I meant transferring to another Verizon subscriber

Idk, I think we're giving up. I just hope they don't suspend service. They wanted a utility bill from my wife but the only bill in her name is this Verizon account.
Oh man, so you guys are just gonna get rid of Verizon as a whole?
I'm not surprised this happened since your account is only two weeks old. I guess it's time to get faxing if you want to stay in the game.

That's very wrong to cut off your service without warning. I hope this isn't your only cell service.
I still got sprint but been doing these lines & etc so I didn't get a chance to keep a phone or a line except the one line they suspended. I wanted to test their service to see if I liked Sprint or Verizon better, smh now I may find out when its too late to move a line and leave or add a line and stay with Verizon as I need 2 lines for my wife and I.

sox8104

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
He can probably get it changed back if he gets a phone. Jules mentioned something called an IPR (or something like that).

----------

As soon as the buyer accepts liability, it comes off your account and you can add another line.

really? so if I add a line at apple I could walk out the door and make a call and aol the line? I thought there was a 24hr rule?

jdougal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Why am I receiving an email from someone AOLing a line asking if I did an upgrade on the line? What are these reps doing?!

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Tell him to file an inactive pricing request to get it back. If they won't give it back to him, tell him they have to let him out of the contract w/o an etf.

----------

Why am I receiving an email from someone AOLing a line asking if I did an upgrade on the line? What are these reps doing?!
They want to know how you have a UDP that has a brand new 2 year contract.

jdougal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
These damn reps are getting way too nosy.

So Jules are you keeping them for renting later? I'm still on the fence. What to do, what to do.

BassAgent

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
At what time of day do these AoL reps start to suck? When should I be calling? and what's the number I call to give them the info of the person taking it over again?

Anybody know what page of this thread explains the process in detail so my cousin doesn't lose the unlimited data when taking the line over?

gulfguppy

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
It was a call. *611 option 4 and hit 0 twice afterwards. Got a rep and she was very nice. I was to the point. I need to convert line #### to loyalty plan 89736. She said let me look it up. Looked it up and verified the application to said line and it was all done within 2 minutes. All depends on your rep without a doubt. Some are getting nosy when they see unlimited data so if they take a long time or put you on hold forever, just hang up and try again.

Good Golly we have success! The rep was awesome. He actually said "wow it let you keep unlimited, cool!" LOL

Next my little nano gets put to bed in the adapter and kept warm via the USB modem, finally!

Thank you very much, epphllps. Thanks to Jules for the plan info and hommer1979 for the plan #.

:apple::cool:

BassAgent

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
Btw, I'm trying to port my number back to verizon and it's not working (even though the port has ocmpleted). The rep is giving me the whole "you have to wait for the billing cycle to end for that disconnected line to dorp off" business, and I tried to tell him that the CORe dept can delete it now, but he keeps telling me that's not true.

What should I do here? I need my phone number back now lol

EDIT: Kept pestering the guy and he finally got "his supervisor" to get rid of the old account lol

Last edited:

epphllps

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
West TN
Good Golly we have success! The rep was awesome. He actually said "wow it let you keep unlimited, cool!" LOL

Next my little nano gets put to bed in the adapter and kept warm via the USB modem, finally!

Thank you very much, epphllps. Thanks to Jules for the plan info and hommer1979 for the plan #.

:apple::cool:

I'm looking to pick me up a mobile hotspot for my sim :) Definitely a great deal for a dedicated unlimited hotspot!

gulfguppy

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
I'm looking to pick me up a mobile hotspot for my sim :) Definitely a great deal for a dedicated unlimited hotspot!

Yes, I get to suspend my 3g USB line that is $60 per month UDP on a separate account. It has served us very well. I telework and being rural we have no cable, no DSL no other option.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
These damn reps are getting way too nosy.

So Jules are you keeping them for renting later? I'm still on the fence. What to do, what to do.
I don't think I can do the rental thing. All this AOLing and haggling over iPhone prices is a huge time suck however fun it was, lol! Given the time I put into this, I make more per hour in my day job than what I made doing this, but this was for entertainment for me as well as getting my family members moved over from AT&T.

I only have 1 more line to get rid of and I think one of my relative's boyfriend's parents are going to take it. I didn't get any iPhones today and not sure I will do any tomorrow.

----------

Anybody know what page of this thread explains the process in detail so my cousin doesn't lose the unlimited data when taking the line over?
1-888-832-4540 is the AOL department. All they need to say is NO CHANGES TO THE LINE. If the rep says anything at all about losing UDP HANG UP.

----------

EDIT: Kept pestering the guy and he finally got "his supervisor" to get rid of the old account lol
Ain't that funny how that happens?

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
I don't think I can do the rental thing. All this AOLing and haggling over iPhone prices is a huge time suck however fun it was, lol! Given the time I put into this, I make more per hour in my day job than what I made doing this, but this was for entertainment for me as well as getting my family members moved over from AT&T.

I only have 1 more line to get rid of and I think one of my relative's boyfriend's parents are going to take it. I didn't get any iPhones today and not sure I will do any tomorrow.

----------

1-888-832-4540 is the AOL department. All they need to say is NO CHANGES TO THE LINE. If the rep says anything at all about losing UDP HANG UP.

----------

Ain't that funny how that happens?

Definitely winding down here too. They were flying off ebay as soon as I put them up. But the price is coming back up for UDP lines. A lot people actually start to notice, and actually know AOL is ending. Those people were much easy to do aol with.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Definitely winding down here too. They were flying off ebay as soon as I put them up. But the price is coming back up for UDP lines. A lot people actually start to notice, and actually know AOL is ending. Those people were much easy to do aol with.
well then maybe the UDP rental business will be a thriving industry, lol! It's just too much work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.