Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tritron

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2014
I just called Page Plus and realized this is what happened. But, the guy I talked to said I had to purchase a plan to be able to port the number, and the cheapest plan was 29.99 for 4G phones (I was using my old roid razr phone's IMEI to port the number). Am I stuck buying this plan to be able to temporarily port the number? Or can I somehow buy the $10 plan thing and make it work?

What about porting to trackfone ? You get 20 minutes and you dont to have to spend any money. page plus has free activation with port in.

----------

Pm if you need udp line

Last edited:

BassAgent

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
No Sim Card or anything... it's stupid phone. Here is MEID # A000000E659F82 since I can't PM you. Keep in mind, I can't turn on that phone if you need to call or do anything on it. I just park my line there before.
Okay, just finished the phone call and the rep said the port was successful and to allow 3 hours for the process. How do I know when it's actually done, and how do I make verizon delete the old line on my account so I can transfer the number back to the new UDP line?

masupo42

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
re CL when you click "Best of" it "immunizes" your ad to a degree (varying according to market) but IMO 1 best of click overrides 5 "prohibited" flags so if "immunize" your ad as soon as it shows up (before it can be flagged) your ad will stay a lot longer. I normally use 3 other accounts (3 totally different access points, computers etc) and the ad will be really strong

You can always have a deal with friends who can immunize your ads and you can do theirs

Every time to go to Safeway or Sixbucks etc clear your cookies, open a fresh browser and click "Best of" on all your ads, the more the better

Once your ads start to get flagged regularly it "weakens" your entire account so fewer and fewer flags will pull your ads so be sure to protect them :)

Thanks that's very helpful info :)

brent1977

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Anyone who's Verizon account was locked for fraud concerns hear anything negative from the recipients of your AOLd UDPs?

I read one person who was the recipient of a UDP via AOL had the new account deactivated. When he contacted Verizon, they gave potential fraud as the reason and required ID and such.

Am curious whether this was a unique situation for him (possibly some other activity that caused the flag) or whether his account was possibly flagged for fraud because the person who AOLd him the line their account locked for fraud.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
The fraud topic seems to be a common one today, most likely caused by too many AOLs in short period. Fortunately I was able to get my wife's unsuspended after providing social security card, id and utility bill.

Not sure if I should keep pressing my luck and adding line or call it quits with a good 35 or 40 completed. It's so tempting cause I have guaranteed buyer for lines and for phones and don't have to mess with eBay.

Seems like Verizon is hip to what's going on and taking action to make our lives a pain.

jdougal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
The fraud topic seems to be a common one today, most likely caused by too many AOLs in short period. Fortunately I was able to get my wife's unsuspended after providing social security card, id and utility bill.

Not sure if I should keep pressing my luck and adding line or call it quits with a good 35 or 40 completed. It's so tempting cause I have guaranteed buyer for lines and for phones and don't have to mess with eBay.

Seems like Verizon is hip to what's going on and taking action to make our lives a pain.

Share the wealth to the OP of this thread on people buying your lines ! :)
If they can handle tons of lines that is :cool:

tottenj

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
delete

How long did it take? I agree. The fraud stuff along with more pushback from reps confirms to me that they know exactly what is up.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
Less than 1hr after emailing documents.. Ironically was with Apple rep buying 3 more phones when I was talking to Verizon having my wife's account unsuspended.

The rep from Verizon was very surprised that lines were suspended and asked me if I knew why.. Guess that what you get for doing 12 aols in 1 day

gulfguppy

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
4th try and converting to the loyalty plan was as simple as giving her the plan # and boom. Done. Gah. Some reps kill me lol

Thanks very much for reporting back. After two failed chat attempts last night where they kept disappearing for quite some time wasn't sure I wanted the frustration again.

Did you contact via chat or call?

:apple:

epphllps

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
West TN
Thanks very much for reporting back. After two failed chat attempts last night where they kept disappearing for quite some time wasn't sure I wanted the frustration again.

Did you contact via chat or call?

:apple:

It was a call. *611 option 4 and hit 0 twice afterwards. Got a rep and she was very nice. I was to the point. I need to convert line #### to loyalty plan 89736. She said let me look it up. Looked it up and verified the application to said line and it was all done within 2 minutes. All depends on your rep without a doubt. Some are getting nosy when they see unlimited data so if they take a long time or put you on hold forever, just hang up and try again.

rockstar72

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
I just called Page Plus and realized this is what happened. But, the guy I talked to said I had to purchase a plan to be able to port the number, and the cheapest plan was 29.99 for 4G phones (I was using my old roid razr phone's IMEI to port the number). Am I stuck buying this plan to be able to temporarily port the number? Or can I somehow buy the $10 plan thing and make it work?

I used the $12 250 min 250 text 10MB data plan using an iphone 4s. Obviously not much data.

brent1977

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012

Sorry if you already answered this, but did the lines you had already AOLd and that were already "owned" by others also get suspended/deactivated? Or did you hear/know?

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
just added the loyalty code for $15 30 minute plan. I might just keep it now and use in an ipad lol :p

This is what I was thinking, but I am a little bit hesitant to do that. I think that this would be a good move, but I can also put this on my current family plan and just do it for $40 a month ($10 for add a line + $30 for unlimited). That way, it is even cheaper than the $45 loyalty plan that is being discussed.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
This is what I was thinking, but I am a little bit hesitant to do that. I think that this would be a good move, but I can also put this on my current family plan and just do it for $40 a month ($10 for add a line + $30 for unlimited). That way, it is even cheaper than the $45 loyalty plan that is being discussed.

i was actually thinking about doing that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.