Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
For my iPhone 5s, I really liked my Spigen case that had sharp chamfered edges on it. For me, it gave a great grip in my hand due to the edge.

This is the one I had for my 5s:
http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-5s/iphone-5s-5-case-ultra-hybrid.html

For the iPhone 6, all cases and bumpers I have seen are rounded to conform of course to the 180 degree rounded edge. Are there any iPhone 6 cases out there that perhaps thin the center portion or create a "squared" or chamfered edge? For me, I think it would provide a better and more secure grip than rounded. Thanks!

Last edited:

swimfan

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2008
I would love a super low profile case that gives me square edges. Really dislike the rounded feel. Anyone found such a case yet?

sspak23

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2014
57a373971d6b1e9cd5f215281eb6833e.jpg

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I have the Thule Atmos X3 for my 6 Plus and it has chamfered, squared off edges. I find it quite pleasant to hold. The edges don't feel sharp, but they are noticeable and, combined with the grippy material of the case, they make the 6 Plus much easier to hold.
thule_atmos_x3_front_bottom.jpg

thule_atmos_x3_side_volume_buttons.jpg

thule_atmos_x3_back_bottom.jpg

Check out my review for more info, if you are curious:

http://youtu.be/K4qkELfJH-g

Thanks!

Kristin

hbcubs

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
SoCal
The Diztronic TPU case has squared edges. Honestly, if I wasn't using a glass screen cover on my phone I'd be using the Diztronic. It's got great in-hand feel, minialistic design and offers great protection. I had one on my 5S and I dropped that phone so many times yet it survived without a single scratch.

Attachments

• DIZ.png
    DIZ.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 2,354

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
The Diztronic TPU case has squared edges. Honestly, if I wasn't using a glass screen cover on my phone I'd be using the Diztronic. It's got great in-hand feel, minialistic design and offers great protection. I had one on my 5S and I dropped that phone so many times yet it survived without a single scratch.

Can't you use the Diztronic with a glass screen protector? Just curious...

Altruistic

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
I'm using this one at the moment

JEDirect JETech® 5.5" Aluminum Frame Tough Slim Metal iPhone 6 Case

hbcubs

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
SoCal
Can't you use the Diztronic with a glass screen protector? Just curious...

You certainly can, however I'm using the iLoome glass screen, which extends all the way to the edge. Because of the thickness of glass and the tight fit of the Diztronic, the iLoome bubbles around the corners. iLoome is supposed to come out with ver. 2 of their screen protector where the edges actually curve with the screen so I may see how that one works with this case.

eko91

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
sharp edges = metal cases

Cases with sharp corners are only made with aluminium or metal. I haven't seen any cases that are made out of silicon or rubber type cases which has sharp edges.

These are some of the cases that I was able to find.
Abee

Gild

This company sells A LOT of great metal cases. These are all over the fashion sites but costs more than $100. Very stylish.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Here is my Unicorn Beetle. It's made of a soft, matte TPU. I'm selling it if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 610

gppittjk

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Here is my Unicorn Beetle. It's made of a soft, matte TPU. I'm selling it if anyone is interested.

This is the one that I was going to suggest. Had the black and green one for my iPhone 6. Loved every second of having that case on the phone. The TPU bumper extends just beyond the clear plastic on the back, which keeps the plastic off any surface onto which you lay your phone (thus avoiding scratches). There is a plastic bevel between the TPU and the clear plastic back that provides a smooth transition - you don't notice it at all. It's really a great case for a great price. I'm thinking about picking one up for my new 6+.

For reference, it's about 1mm thicker overall than the Incipio NGP. It has great lay-on-the-table coverage too, as the front extends close to 1mm past the glass.

admitz

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
looking for more recommendation!

The Diztronic Voyeur Case is probably the closest but pity there is a round hole in the middle for the Apple logo...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.