Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Hey guys! I just placed an order for a JUMP! upgrade to a 64 GB Space Grey iPhone 6.

I paid for overnight shipping. However I have not yet received a tracking number.

I have received two text messages that my order is being processed. However if I check my order status online it just says "Backordered." There was no indication when I was ordering that my device would be backordered. In fact there was small text that said all orders placed before 5:00 pm would ship that same day.

Any thoughts on when I'll *actually* be seeing my new iPhone 6?

androydtr8r

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
Hey guys! I just placed an order for a JUMP! upgrade to a 64 GB Space Grey iPhone 6.

I paid for overnight shipping. However I have not yet received a tracking number.

I have received two text messages that my order is being processed. However if I check my order status online it just says "Backordered." There was no indication when I was ordering that my device would be backordered. In fact there was small text that said all orders placed before 5:00 pm would ship that same day.

Any thoughts on when I'll *actually* be seeing my new iPhone 6?

You're looking at anything from 4-6 weeks before it ships. Though they have been shipping a lot faster lately then the last 2 months but still expect a long wait. The info on the website is inaccurate due to high demand of the phone, especially the 64gb version of the phone. You may have been better trying to find it in the store or at a Apple Store.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
You're looking at anything from 4-6 weeks before it ships. Though they have been shipping a lot faster lately then the last 2 months but still expect a long wait. The info on the website is inaccurate due to high demand of the phone, especially the 64gb version of the phone. You may have been better trying to find it in the store or at a Apple Store.

I guess I would have tried in-store if the website had indicated that the item was out of stock when I placed my order. Damn.

androydtr8r

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
I guess I would have tried in-store if the website had indicated that the item was out of stock when I placed my order. Damn.

http://explore.t-mobile.com/shipping-dates
This is the current shipping status on all iPhone 6's. You can always try to find it in a local store then cancel if you find one

androydtr8r

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
Yeah if they would have shown that page before or during the order process that would have helped for sure. I at least wouldn't have paid $25 for next day shipping!

Actually they do. During the process when you are selecting which phone you want they have the link under "see estimated shipping time" just below the section where you select the capacity size

Schuby

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Ordered an iPhone 6+ 128GB Space Grey on 10/18. ETA was on or before 12/01. As of a few days ago, ETA is now between 12/01 and 12/15. I hope I get it sooner :(.

Callander

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Oklahoma
Ordered an iPhone 6+ 128GB Space Grey on 10/18. ETA was on or before 12/01. As of a few days ago, ETA is now between 12/01 and 12/15. I hope I get it sooner :(.

Highly doubt you'll get it any quicker.. I ordered the 8th so 10 days before you and I'm getting eta of December 11th to 25th. Same phone 128gb sg

Norgon

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2014
Ordered an iPhone 6+ 64GB Space Grey on 10/18. ETA was on or before 12/01. As of a few days ago, ETA is now between 12/01 and 12/15. I hope I get it sooner :(.

Yea i ordered on 10/29 and i still see Expected to ship between 12/12/2014 and 12/26/2014 i don't see people ordering now getting it before next year.

Last edited:

Kayakphotos

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012
Naples, FL
Got our phones yesterday. 6 and 6+ 64gb silver. Ordered on 10/12.

I'm glad to be done with the hassle.

----------

So you ordered it before me and are estimated to get it after me? Weird.

This has happened a lot actually. I hope that T-Mobile is able to learn from this experience and fix the ordering process.

On a positive note, all of the CSR and ERT staff that I've worked with were very friendly and helpful. I had a very positive experience overall dealing with customer service.

maj71303

macrumors regular
May 13, 2014
Maryland
Ordered my third iPhone 6 128GB Silver from T-mobile yesterday and it's already shipped so I'm shocked to see people that ordered weeks back still waiting there phones to ship.

auhlixer

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Ordered 6+ SG 128GB 10/22

They said it would be delivered on 12/01 - 12/16.

So I went to a nj apple store because it said they had 64gb att (i'm switching) so I get there and they had a 64GB SG 6+ t-mobile so I got it.

But after a few days of trying to get used to it I might just take it back and get a 128gb 6 SG....

dpbush

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Got too many phones - cancel failed!

I ordered 4 phones on Nov 7 (2 6 16G, 1 6+ 16G and a 6+ 64G) and they backordered the entire order until Dec 18 because of the 6+ 64G. Cancelled the order and went to the Apple Store on the 11th and got the two 6s. The next day went to order the two 6+s and they had the 16G in stock, so I got that, and ordered the 6+ 64G. Never got a cancel confirmation for the 4 phones and then they shipped the order a month before they said they would, I got it last Thursday the 20th. Spent an hour on the phone and finally got confirmation that I could open the box (they were trying to tell me to refuse shipment with my 6+ 64G in the box - not happening). The only caveat is that I need to pay for shipping the three phone back. Then yesterday the gal at the store said I could just bring them in and they would return them for me! Score!

And I gotta say, I've been on the customer service line a bunch and it's basically been great. Very helpful and making things happen (other than the cancellation).

Now if I can just get the last solo 6+ 64G order to cancel...

eloscurosecreto

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
Just wanted to follow-up after I updated the google doc.

One of my phones (128GB Gold 6) was delivered on 11/21, I ordered it on 10/20.

I called customer care a last week and I was credited $50. I was sort of insulted by that, so I emailed John Legere a few days ago to complain about it (and some other t-mobile related issues I have had) and I just got off the phone with an ERT. I got my other issues resolved and was credited $150. On top of that, I also had the equipment fee payments that were still going to my old phone after initiating the Jump to both my iPhone 6's. I explained that JUMP is useless to me if I am still paying on the equipment I have, because of they are unable to provide me a phone they don't have in stock.

I'm still a little upset I still don't have my 128GB Space Gray iPhone 6+, but I feel a little better now. The ERT gave me an expected date of Dec 1st - 15th :roll eyes:.

maj71303

macrumors regular
May 13, 2014
Maryland
Got my iPhone 6 128GB Silver in today and loving it like usual. 3rd one brought for my household. Ordered online from T-mobile Friday got it today.

robintrilliams

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2014
Ordered an iphone 6 64gb in silver on 10/29 on tmobile website. Card got charged 11/23 and phone shipped from kentucky on 11/24 with estimated delivery on 11/25. Total wait time was around 3 1/2 weeks...not so bad.

bklyn73

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
Wow! I ordered my 6 plus 64GB in gold on 10/12 (same day as you), and I'm STILL waiting for my phone! My order has never been canceled, so I should've gotten my phone first.

Damn you, T-Mobile!

Well my waiting game has come to an end. I just got my iPhone 6 128GB SG and iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Gold delivered.
I ordered on Oct 12
, then order cancelled on Nov 8th, ordered reopen on Nov 10th. Both phones shipped out Nov 14th ground and got them Nov 19th.
Both phones came with 8.1 firmware so both are now jailbroken.

Schuby

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
My status just got pushed back:

Awaiting more shipments from Apple. Expected to ship between 12/15/2014 and 12/29/2014

this is from:

Awaiting more shipments from Apple. Expected to ship between 12/01/2014 and 12/15/2014

Maybe I should email the ERT?

SwizzyDangles

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2014
Very, very mad at T Mobile. I was looking forward to taking family photos with my 6+ on Thanksgiving and now that looks like it's not going to happen.

My dad, brother and I ordered phones from T Mobile on 9/24. We are switching from Verizon and they gave us our sim cards. They told us that the shipping dates would be around "mid November" and the T Mobile worker was trying to dissuade us from me getting a 6+ for some reason.

So we end up preordering a 6 and 6+ for me and my brother. We wanted them to get shipped together because it would be easier to activate our T Mobile phones together at the same time. On the account, it has been saying that it will be shipped between "11/24-11/29"

I've been on edge for the past 3 months or so. My 4S' battery is absolute trash now. It lasts 2 hours of usage time before I'm scrambling for a charger. Messages (which I use very often) drain the battery like no other. I have to carry a charger with me everywhere I go. If I don't leave the house with 90%+ battery I'm nervous that my battery will drain. I've turned my brightness down to almost the lowest, turned off motion, transparency, a bulk of location services, everything in the book. It's so frustrating and I'm kicking myself for even upgrading to iOS 8. I definitely won't be making that same mistake with the 6+.

Anyway I check the account again today and it says that my shipping dates have moved to 11/29-12/4. I know I've already waited 2 months for this phone but I'm really really disappointed in T Mobile. I've heard that they have been the lesser of evils when it comes to phone companies but so far we haven't really gotten off on the right foot.

I realize I'm ranting but I just needed to get it off my chest. If my 4S wasn't a paperweight now I wouldn't really mind as much. But with Holidays and stuff coming up I really wish that T Mobile ships it soon.

androydtr8r

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
Very, very mad at T Mobile. I was looking forward to taking family photos with my 6+ on Thanksgiving and now that looks like it's not going to happen.

My dad, brother and I ordered phones from T Mobile on 9/24. We are switching from Verizon and they gave us our sim cards. They told us that the shipping dates would be around "mid November" and the T Mobile worker was trying to dissuade us from me getting a 6+ for some reason.

So we end up preordering a 6 and 6+ for me and my brother. We wanted them to get shipped together because it would be easier to activate our T Mobile phones together at the same time. On the account, it has been saying that it will be shipped between "11/24-11/29"

I've been on edge for the past 3 months or so. My 4S' battery is absolute trash now. It lasts 2 hours of usage time before I'm scrambling for a charger. Messages (which I use very often) drain the battery like no other. I have to carry a charger with me everywhere I go. If I don't leave the house with 90%+ battery I'm nervous that my battery will drain. I've turned my brightness down to almost the lowest, turned off motion, transparency, a bulk of location services, everything in the book. It's so frustrating and I'm kicking myself for even upgrading to iOS 8. I definitely won't be making that same mistake with the 6+.

Anyway I check the account again today and it says that my shipping dates have moved to 11/29-12/4. I know I've already waited 2 months for this phone but I'm really really disappointed in T Mobile. I've heard that they have been the lesser of evils when it comes to phone companies but so far we haven't really gotten off on the right foot.

I realize I'm ranting but I just needed to get it off my chest. If my 4S wasn't a paperweight now I wouldn't really mind as much. But with Holidays and stuff coming up I really wish that T Mobile ships it soon.

Trust me when I say majority of us did/still are dealing with the same issue. As much as you want to blame T-Mobile they arent 100% at fault. Yes they're shipping estimation does suck and it's always moving but they can't control when they receive phones from Apple or the number of phones they will get when they are shipped to their warehouse. Have you been talking to a CSR or ert since you originally ordered? If not I strongly recommend you do

jercs

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I've followed this thread for a few weeks and have finally decided to throw my info in the mix.

6+ SG
Ordered (in store): 10/15
Backordered: 10/16
Original expected ship date: on or before 11/26
Revised expected ship date: between 11/26 and 12/10

I obviously can't fault T-Mo for the supply and demand on another company's product. What I don't understand is T-Mobile's order fulfillment process. There doesn't seem to be any kind of consistency to it, whatsoever.

Ok, so shortly after I posted this, my expected ship date got pushed back to 12/10 through 12/24. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. Then last week, it got bumped up to 11/27 through 12/04. I want to take it as a good sign, but I'm beyond skeptical at this point.

SwizzyDangles

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2014
Trust me when I say majority of us did/still are dealing with the same issue. As much as you want to blame T-Mobile they arent 100% at fault. Yes they're shipping estimation does suck and it's always moving but they can't control when they receive phones from Apple or the number of phones they will get when they are shipped to their warehouse. Have you been talking to a CSR or ert since you originally ordered? If not I strongly recommend you do

Yeah it's unfortunate. I know that there are numerous people who have gotten their dates pushed back. But it irks me that i see some people saying they ordered theirs mid-october and got it about a week ago. (week ago)

I haven't been talking frequently to a CSR because I was told at the store they were gonna be shipped mid-november so I've been expecting a long wait. My dad called them and they said they would switch to next day shipping so I'll just wait. I wish i was joking when I say that i hope my 6+ is here by christmas lol. But yeah i just needed to rant. Most of my anger is derived from my 4S battery and once I get the 6+ i won't have to worry about charging it anymore.

It's kind of weird how much it puts me on edge..but it does. I'm not addicted to my phone but I just like to always have it with me in case of an emergency and not have to worry about how much i use it. Oh well, once the 6+ finally arrives all will be well

androydtr8r

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
Yeah it's unfortunate. I know that there are numerous people who have gotten their dates pushed back. But it irks me that i see some people saying they ordered theirs mid-october and got it about a week ago. (week ago)

I haven't been talking frequently to a CSR because I was told at the store they were gonna be shipped mid-november so I've been expecting a long wait. My dad called them and they said they would switch to next day shipping so I'll just wait. I wish i was joking when I say that i hope my 6+ is here by christmas lol. But yeah i just needed to rant. Most of my anger is derived from my 4S battery and once I get the 6+ i won't have to worry about charging it anymore.

It's kind of weird how much it puts me on edge..but it does. I'm not addicted to my phone but I just like to always have it with me in case of an emergency and not have to worry about how much i use it. Oh well, once the 6+ finally arrives all will be well

I definitely feel your pain having to watch others get there's before you. I was one of the ones to get my phone before those that ordered before I did. But I took the easy way out, switched my order to 128gb gold, and got it faster. But you should email a ert cuz it's not fair to you that you have to sit here and wait and wait and watch others enjoy their phone that you too ordered. I hope all turns out well, sooner then later. Btw ert's know a lil more and have a lil more freedom to give credit on your account then csr's. So they could help credit your account, once you open your account, or even lower the down payment for all the hastle you've had to deal with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.