Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

z24561

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2005
HI
Checked my order status for the heck of it, and low and behold it shipped yesterday!!

Ordered 10/6; 128GB Gold 6+ Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Original shipping dates were pushed back to mid December so this was a welcome surprise!

Good to know Gold is shipping! Anyone get any new status on a Space Gray?

----------

I feel your pain... I am still waiting for the same phone (still from ATT). I am resigned to hoping I get it in the new December dates.

I have more to worry about now...got diagnosed with breast cancer during this crazy wait... Just hope I am able to get it sometime soon and don't have to be home to sign for it.:(

Praying as well! :D

FidoMcCokfiend

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2014
11 weeks as of tomorrow. No phone. No actual idea when I'm getting a phone - as the 12/12-19 dates are a joke, we all know that.

AT&T absolutely is the worst.

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
I ordered mine just 3 weeks ago (6+ 128GB SG) and no movement. I have seen people in this forum who ordered it in Sept and still have nothing. Yet I see people walking around with the 6+ and when I ask them which one they have, some are telling me its the 128gb.

I just can't understand this. I check with Apple's web site and they now say its a 7-10 business day wait time. So that is an improvement. When I check online with the Apple Stores none are in stock in almost 90% of the stores and sometimes 100% of the stores nationwide.

I just don't see this being an AT&T problem. I see this as an Apple problem. Here we are almost 3 months since the launch and some people ordered their phone on launch day and still don't have it. I don't get it!

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
I had a long chat with ATT Tuesday night. The CSR told me that mine would definitely ship on the 12-19......

Do I believe that????? Mmmmm, no.

She also said that I could cancel and have a phone in a few days if I ordered from Apple. When I checked, Apple will not let me do the upgrade with the unlimited data plan through their site. Doing the upgrade through Premiere is the only way I can do it.

Oh - 128gb SG.

So, I wait.........

FidoMcCokfiend

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2014
I had a long chat with ATT Tuesday night. The CSR told me that mine would definitely ship on the 12-19......

I had a CSR promise that she had it in stock and I'd have it by the end of my original shipping range of 11/10.

AT&T simply tells people what they want to hear, and then they go ship the phones to new customers with new service and not Premier customers with 20% discounted service and unlimited data.

This is an AT&T issue plain and simple. Others have these phones. AT&T is holding these back for new customers.

goofy1958

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
I had a CSR promise that she had it in stock and I'd have it by the end of my original shipping range of 11/10.

AT&T simply tells people what they want to hear, and then they go ship the phones to new customers with new service and not Premier customers with 20% discounted service and unlimited data.

This is an AT&T issue plain and simple. Others have these phones. AT&T is holding these back for new customers.

I agree completely. I ordered mine just a few hours after you did, and I also have the 12/12 - 12/19 new shipping window. Also a premiere customer.

What really sucks is that if Apple's ship dates are accurate at 7-10 business days, we could order the 128GB SG 6+ today, and still possibly get it BEFORE AT&T ships ours out that we ordered over 2 MONTHS ago. :eek:

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California

that's why i always buy from apple store. i am really surprised that people who ordered last sept are still waiting for their iphones. good luck guys. i already had a 6, then a 6+, then a 6 again, then a 6+ again in a span of 1 month and never had to order online.

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio

Do I believe that????? Mmmmm, no.

She also said that I could cancel and have a phone in a few days if I ordered from Apple. When I checked, Apple will not let me do the upgrade with the unlimited data plan through their site. Doing the upgrade through Premiere is the only way I can do it.

Oh - 128gb SG.

So, I wait.........

I talked to a rep that told me those dates are meaningless and they will not guarantee shipment during the new windows. It was the first time that their customer service did not lie to me. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I might suggest everyone else do the same. At least then they have to acknowledge you.

z24561

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2005
HI

How do you know if you're Premiere or not? I know I have a business discount and I've been with AT&T since they absorbed Cingular, but I don't see it on my account page when I login...

----------

I agree completely. I ordered mine just a few hours after you did, and I also have the 12/12 - 12/19 new shipping window. Also a premiere customer.

What really sucks is that if Apple's ship dates are accurate at 7-10 business days, we could order the 128GB SG 6+ today, and still possibly get it BEFORE AT&T ships ours out that we ordered over 2 MONTHS ago. :eek:

Same question: How do you know you're premiere?

----------

OK, I just checked my account to see if I could see the Premiere anywhere and guess what I found:

Your bill has been increased by $95! :p

OK. So the smiley I added, because I DID NOT CHANGE THAT! The difference: my iPad is now on it's own shared data plan! :mad: They are really pissing me off!

Everyone else should check their accounts now to verify no changes!

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
that's why i always buy from apple store. i am really surprised that people who ordered last sept are still waiting for their iphones. good luck guys. i already had a 6, then a 6+, then a 6 again, then a 6+ again in a span of 1 month and never had to order online.

LOL. That is exactly what I did. I went back and forth between the two 3 separate times. Now I have the 6 and waiting desperately for the 6+. Im a freaking nut!

goofy1958

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
It will be once it arrives. I can't believe you are still waiting. A friend of mine up in Chicago just got a 6+ 64GB at an Apple store without preordering.

Umm, pretty much every Apple store in America has a 64 GB 6+ option. We're all waiting for the 128GB, which almost no Apple store has. istocknow turns almost completely red when you look for a 128GB.

Gerald55444

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2014
Brooklyn Park, MN
We're all waiting for the 128GB

The two most common comments I'm seeing on the forums now are :
  • Why don't you just cancel and order from Apple?
  • I just picked up a 6+ [16|64] GB at the store.
I wonder if there are a few that still have non-128GB phones on order.

But most of us, I suspect, are waiting for the big one.

And are, like me, constrained to the AT$T Premier distribution channel for various reasons.

I can no more order my own Corporate iPhone than I can pick up my Corporate Laptop from the local big box store. (And if I did go off on my own, I'd pay the full $499, or more likely, the full off-contract price.)

LenPopPop

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
The two most common comments I'm seeing on the forums now are :
  • Why don't you just cancel and order from Apple?
  • I just picked up a 6+ [16|64] GB at the store.
I wonder if there are a few that still have non-128GB phones on order.

But most of us, I suspect, are waiting for the big one.

And are, like me, constrained to the AT$T Premier distribution channel for various reasons.

I can no more order my own Corporate iPhone than I can pick up my Corporate Laptop from the local big box store. (And if I did go off on my own, I'd pay the full $499, or more likely, the full off-contract price.)

You are so right. I was just in a mall here in PA and att has the iPhone 6 in stock in different variety but only have iphone 6+ 16gb in stock. No 64gb or 128gb

FidoMcCokfiend

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2014
So, is everyone THRILLED to be getting your 6+ 128GB SG phones starting this Friday! Do you think they'll send them chronologically, so those waiting the longest will ship first thing Friday?

LOL. I crack myself up sometimes. Like any existing Premier customer will actually get their phones 12/12-19. HAHA.

Eff AT&T

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
So, is everyone THRILLED to be getting your 6+ 128GB SG phones starting this Friday! Do you think they'll send them chronologically, so those waiting the longest will ship first thing Friday?

LOL. I crack myself up sometimes. Like any existing Premier customer will actually get their phones 12/12-19. HAHA.

Eff AT&T

Is this the new rumor? Is that what is being said, that they will actually ship this Friday? I am hoping you are serious and not messing around.

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio

Eff AT&T

Anyone who actually believes they will get a phone this month is very foolish. I just spoke wth a rep to find out exactly when my current month is up and they are as clueless as ever. No phone by Jan. 4 and I'm an ex AT&T customer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.