Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Has anyone heard any new about the possibility of little brother being updated? I do not know where to look for Ryan P.'s updates or where he frequents but perhaps you guys know? Good app but several reoccurring glitches!

Thanks

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Has anyone heard any new about the possibility of little brother being updated? I do not know where to look for Ryan P.'s updates or where he frequents but perhaps you guys know? Good app but several reoccurring glitches!

Thanks

Haven't heard a peep about littlebrother or activator, he hasn't tweeted squat in 20 days...

Here's his twitter @rpetrich

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Thanks. I bought it because of people constantly stated that he always came out with frequent updates and was a loyal develops but I'm starting to think a 6 plus might better so I don't have to depend on someone else for splitscreen!

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007

Thanks

What needs to be updated? Is there a bug or glitch?

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
What needs to be updated? Is there a bug or glitch?

When you switch calendar from landscape mode to portrait, the app unexpectedly closes. I think that the force close when putting a location in a calendar might be an iOS 8 but I can't remember if that was happening before I jailbroke or not. There is also the visibility of only a corner of an app along with a black background when opening up certain apps like Facebook. The messages app closes sometimes with swtiching from potrait to landscape. The text box doesn't always show in the messages app in landscape and sometimes in potrait mode you might see a landscaped screen with a potrait keyboard. It's definately not a totally unusable app but still there are bugs.

bcharleson

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
I'm right there with ya. I've emailed him via the email address in Cydia under the Littlebrother package the list of bugs. He responded to my tweet a while ago but haven't seen much since. Surprised to see he hasn't updated it or been around much.

Here are the bugs I've discovered with Littlebrother:

IPhone 6, IOS 8.1, resolution set to small

1. Messages app -no option to collapse list of text messages or view full screen landscape (this is possible in Mail and Notes app)
2. Messages app- when trying to compose new message in landscape the app crashes
3. Messages app- not able to view pics in landscape (this bug coincides with bug number 1)
4. Weather app doesn't animate weather (have to install another tweak, WeatherFix8 by PoomSmart)
5. Calendar app crashes when you go from landscape to portrait.
6. Phone app- Phone dialer needs to be shifted down (too high and not centered)
7. Photos app- anytime you rotate from landscape to portrait the photo thumbnails are larger and distorted
8. When used with FolderEnhancer by ashikase, folder animation is non existent when open/closing folders in landscape

Last edited:

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
I'm right there with ya. I've emailed him via the email address in Cydia under the Littlebrother package the list of bugs. He responded to my tweet a while ago but haven't seen much since. Surprised to see he hasn't updated it or been around much.

Here are the bugs I've discovered with Littlebrother:

IPhone 6, IOS 8.1, resolution set to small

1. Messages app -no option to collapse list of text messages or view full screen landscape (this is possible in Mail and Notes app)
2. Messages app- when trying to compose new message in landscape the app crashes
3. Messages app- not able to view pics in landscape (this bug coincides with bug number 1)
4. Weather app doesn't animate weather (have to install another tweak, WeatherFix8 by PoomSmart)
5. Calendar app crashes when you go from landscape to portrait.
6. Phone app- Phone dialer needs to be shifted down (too high and not centered)
7. Photos app- anytime you rotate from landscape to portrait the photo thumbnails are larger and distorted
8. When used with FolderEnhancer by ashikase, folder animation is non existent when open/closing folders in landscape

i forgot that the weather app was supposed to have animations.. Thanks for mentioning that tweak lol. I hope he fixes all of these issues soon. And if you need the contact pics to show in landscape, I use a tweak called convo pics.

bcharleson

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
i forgot that the weather app was supposed to have animations.. Thanks for mentioning that tweak lol. I hope he fixes all of these issues soon. And if you need the contact pics to show in landscape, I use a tweak called convo pics.

No problem! I was referring to viewing pics in the Message app. Littlebrother actually already enables the contact pics in the latest update. I used to have Convopics but it was no longer necessary.

Bomans

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2011
Belgium
Why don't you use upscale and set it to 827x1472 on iPhone 6?

All landscape features work as expected, it never fails and its free.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
I haven't used Little Brother yet, but on Upscale everything worked very well for me but one issue I had was with the phone dialer. It made it way too small and registering button presses wasn't very accurate. I turned it off for now but will gladly re-enable it if that gets fixed

Bomans

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2011
Belgium
the phone dialer is a bit smaller (doesn't bother me at all). never had any issues with registering button presses that aren't accurate.

bcharleson

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
Upscale is a nice tweak but hate to say it is not as fluid and polished as Littlebrother. There are different bugs involved (Weather app looks all messed up). I did turn on the changes switch so it'd be great to see any updates.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Do any of you have a problem with the stock image being zoomed in landscape mode while using little brother?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
My screenshot wouldn't upload but the stock iOS 8 purple tinted stock space wallpaper (I think the moon is in it?) is zoomed and it show only the stars kind of blurry. On the 6 plus it shows up in full

wall paper are sized different on the 6+

try and find a 6+ wallpaper and see if that helps

stock on the 6 will be sized for the 6

this thread explains it pretty good

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1775299/

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
wall paper are sized different on the 6+

try and find a 6+ wallpaper and see if that helps

stock on the 6 will be sized for the 6

this thread explains it pretty good

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1775299/

Thanks. I just tried 6plus wallpapers in landscape and portrait and all of them came out blurry and zoomed. I guess that is just how it's going to be for awhile until someone chooses to make a tweak for it.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Just install WeatherFix8 in cydia, problem solved.

I downloaded that the night before and it showed a grey mask part covering one half of the iphone 6 screen in landscape mode and the other half worked ok. I think it was supposed to show snow at that point. The grey covering was behind the weather info were the animations were supposed to be. Theres no clouds moving or snow falling on my weather app.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Has anybody else had the issue where, in messages, you receive a video from someone and when I go to play it in fullscreen/landscape mode littlebrother switches it to splitscreen with the video only playing on the right side of the screen and my messages list on the left? I'm on iPhone 6 8.1.0. Littlebrother v 1.0.1
I have yet to find a way, aside from saving the video to my photos, to play a video sent through messages in full screen landscape with littlebrother enabled.

bcharleson

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
Has anybody else had the issue where, in messages, you receive a video from someone and when I go to play it in fullscreen/landscape mode littlebrother switches it to splitscreen with the video only playing on the right side of the screen and my messages list on the left? I'm on iPhone 6 8.1.0. Littlebrother v 1.0.1
I have yet to find a way, aside from saving the video to my photos, to play a video sent through messages in full screen landscape with littlebrother enabled.

Yes, it is a bug that's annoying but I have found a work-around. Instead of tapping directly on the photo/video from the message window, tap Details and scroll down. All of your photos/videos you've sent or received will be in there and show full screen. Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.