Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
The "I just bought/ordered/shipped/received my new iPhone 6/6 Plus" thread

Its here! The 64GB 6+. When I first got it out I instantly started freaking out and plotting how and when I'd return it for a regular 6. Now that I've had it for 8 hours or so I love it. It's a keeper!
a912b7c2391195ce96cf5142e442bdc1.jpg
(picture taken with an iPad Air)

Mathalete

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2014
UPS hands off their shipments to Purolator (a Canadian courier) in Winnipeg to deliver to my neck of the woods. After many calls to UPS and Apple, an investigation was done and they decided that my phone was lost.

The plot thickens... My boss' friend has had their phone lost twice in Winnipeg at the exact same point.

Apple has shipped the replacement ... with UPS. Hope this one makes its way to me.

mattfire145

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Hey everyone,

I have never been with Apple before. I always had phones like Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. I had a LG G3 recently and it was laggy as heck and the touchscreen went on it. It only worked in a few certain areas and literally had to press down as hard as I could to click on a icon. It's supposed to be this amazing phone yet I have had issues with it. I went to get a replacement and the customer service agent said it was a issue with G2 and G3 cell phones. I wasn't going to deal with it again, so I went ahead and ordered the iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey. I just got it today and so far, so good. I love how it's just the right size, it fits perfectly in your hand, and the virtual keyboard on it is great. It beats the LG G3 keyboard by a mile. Right out of the box the keyboard was perfectly calibrated. My keyboard on the G3 was always off and you could not calibrate it at all. It was a nightmare. Love the TouchID fingerprint. Much quicker than having to enter your password all the time.

Still have a lot to learn with the new iPhone, but so far I like it!

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
Weird that these phones are coming from all over. I live in Indiana where someone said their phone came from and yet mine came from Texas. Really weird

mgb1120

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Weird that these phones are coming from all over. I live in Indiana where someone said their phone came from and yet mine came from Texas. Really weird

Have a strong feeling apple has had these phones in US warehouses for a little while...... Because seems like a lot of orders are shipping from PA and CA

The Robot Cow

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2012
Central California
FINALLY!!! I received my 128gb Sg 6+ for Verizon! Holy crap... what a difference it is from my 5. All i know is that it's awesome and I feel like i've made the right choice and it's definitely been worth the wait. :apple:

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
Weird. I would think that mine would have shipped from Texas seeing as how I live in Texas.

Yea see this is what I mean. Someone else's was shipped from Indiana. I LIVE in Indiana yet mine came from Texas. Logically you would think they would try to source them from as close as possible to reduce costs and shipping times. No wonder some just ordering are getting theirs before some who ordered forever ago. There appears to be no rhyme or reason at all. They are just coming from all over the place randomly.

bigmikeinnj

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
River Forest, IL.
Have a strong feeling apple has had these phones in US warehouses for a little while...... Because seems like a lot of orders are shipping from PA and CA

Yeah my phone shipped from a city just the other side on the Jersey border in Pennsylvania, I chose the option 2-3 day delivery for $10.70 and I got my shipment notice and then hours later it said it was in Penn. !!!! I hope everyone everywhere gets their phone way before Christmas.

Love mine.

brigsby

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
Placed order for Space Gray ATT 64GB iP6 on 12/9. Shipped out of ZhengZhou China on 12/11. Will be here tomorrow, 12/17. Hoping for bright whites on the screen, no yellow and all the switches to be solid and not loose. Have the Spigen Slim Armor case ready and a clear screen protector from Monoprice.

Went and picked mine up at UPS yesterday after missing it at home. They must really be rushing them out. The front of the box has an embossed iPhone but no iPhone image printed on it. Working and looking great!

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Well yesterday I bit the bullet and returned my Note 4 for a white/grey 6 plus 64GB at Verizon. Had to make a few calls round the area to see if they had this version and luckily I found a store that had it for me to exchange

You mad the right call, right call indeed my friend!!!

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
Had some Christmas money left over so I went and ordered a 6, space gray, 16 gb. Yesterday on ATT website. When I check my order status all I see is SHIPMENT STATUS: In Progress. At no point throughout the selection or order process was there an estimated shipping time. I chatted a rep and all they could say was. "It's processing". Anyone know how long ATT is taking to ship these out these days? I'd like to have it before new years :(

Dijkertje

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Naaldwijk
Just picked up my iPhone 6 plus 128 gb in silver.
Already had the normal 6 in my possession but I couldn't resist myself in trying the 6 Plus.
As for now (got it like 2 hours now) I am really asking myself why I haven't gone with the Plus in the first case..

mattfire145

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Had some Christmas money left over so I went and ordered a 6, space gray, 16 gb. Yesterday on ATT website. When I check my order status all I see is SHIPMENT STATUS: In Progress. At no point throughout the selection or order process was there an estimated shipping time. I chatted a rep and all they could say was. "It's processing". Anyone know how long ATT is taking to ship these out these days? I'd like to have it before new years :(

They shipped mine the same day I ordered it.

----------

Already had the normal 6 in my possession but I couldn't resist myself in trying the 6 Plus.
As for now (got it like 2 hours now) I am really asking myself why I haven't gone with the Plus in the first case..

I wouldn't like the plus size. I really like being able to hold the phone and type with one hand.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
They shipped mine the same day I ordered it.

----------

I wouldn't like the plus size. I really like being able to hold the phone and type with one hand.

The longer I have the 6, the more i realize it's the right one for me.

Battery life is really good too. I'm impressed.

CandyRedNinja

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2013
Austin

Same for me. I had and loved the 6, but for some reason I allways wanted to try out the 6+. I went ahead and got one and man this is the phone I should have got to start.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Hardcore Android Nexus guy here, typing this on my Jailbreaked iPhone 6 Plus #

Last iPhone I owned was the 3G over five years ago. Had 12 different Android phones since, mostly Nexus or flagships that were rooted running Cyanogen ROM's and I loved them, especially the last year + so many great Android phones I had fun with like Note 2, and Nexus 4, HTC One M8, OnePlus One. And 5.0 Lollipop is awesome.

But I was looking for a change of pace, something different, so I picked up a black 6 Plus and JB the same night I got it, and now with like 10 good Cydia apps and tweaks this 6 Plus is very nice.

But it has also been a huge shock and learning curve to use this phone. My brain just hard wired to using Androud and the way it works and operates, the iPhone is just differebt in so many aspects, don't mean that in a bad way at all, it's just a different OS and has different ways it operates compared to stock Android.

But I like the challenge and a fresh new phone is what I wanted. Yeah I couid have went the safe rout and got the Nexus 6 but they wouldn't be a brand new thing to me, be more of a side grade.

This iPhone 6 Plus combined with Jailbreak / Cydia is just what this Nexus fan needed.

MetalMatt24

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
Bought an iPhone6 in early November
Had it for a few weeks and my dad got an iPhone 6 plus

Liked it so much I traded a guy on Craigslist
My phone for a 6 plus straight up plus $100 cash

Space Grey
64GB
AT&T

TrillyandTruly

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2010
just purchased my 64GB Space Gray iPhone from Costco for T-Mobile. I came from a Blackberry so I'm happy with the change, although I did have a 4S before my Z10. back to Apple and falling in love again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.