Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
Is the problem that the desktop picture leaves a blank spot on the right side?

Did you check desktop/screensaver in system preference * fill screen -fit to screen - stretch-etc* ?

kolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
There is not only blank spot on the right sight but also the Dock will not occurre and stay hidden even if i try to work with my mouse.

I checked desktop/screensaver - didn't help. Thanks for your idea - thewap.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Perhaps a corrupted account, maybe if you delete the wonky account and then recreate it.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
This is definitely a software issue. Maybe a repair reinstall of OSX? You are also running a few programs at startup it seems. Try disabling them at startup and see if it fixes the problem.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Repair disk and disk permissions first. If it still persists then try an OS reinstall (backup recommended but not required). Reinstalling the OS will just overwrite the current OS files with new ones, and usually it would end up pretty much the same as before. It will correct any minor problems in the OS that may have came up (missing system files, corrupt system files, etc).

kolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
This is definitely a software issue. Maybe a repair reinstall of OSX? You are also running a few programs at startup it seems. Try disabling them at startup and see if it fixes the problem.

I did - no change.

----------

Repair disk and disk permissions first. If it still persists then try an OS reinstall (backup recommended but not required). Reinstalling the OS will just overwrite the current OS files with new ones, and usually it would end up pretty much the same as before. It will correct any minor problems in the OS that may have came up (missing system files, corrupt system files, etc).

I did - no change

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Confirm on that part. what exactly didn't you do? repair, reinstall, stop startup software, etc.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.