Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davewolfs

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Are you using the Force version or the power support version? My AJ Force creaked and the replacement they sent also creaked in the same spot near the bottom right corner. I still have both as backups but currently using the apple leather case I got two days ago.

This was the smoke colored one. I did notice dust gets inside on the top portion of the phone.

PS version. Never seen force version.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
still loving my non force case after two months. has held up extremely well to scratches.

16178479560_d7b18b87ce_b.jpg

does have a lot of lint around the bottom where its recessed but thats to be expected. ive only taken the case off once and it was so hard that i was afraid id bend the phone, plus my case has no creaking and is super tight so i figure the more i take it on and off the more likely it is to get loose, so i try to just live with the lint. might take it off once every six months or so to clean it?

16364141911_91e330382c_b.jpg

16179658289_e0f09a26e5_b.jpg

i do however wish PS would release a version 3 crystal film (current version 2 pictured). it would be nice if they would release one that at least goes from their own case edge to edge to complement their cases. theres still a lot of room for coverage improvement here

16178483070_202e6fb6c8_b.jpg

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Anybody have some other case recommendations? The dust in the case gets on my nerves.

nthnl

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2015
Anybody have some other case recommendations? The dust in the case gets on my nerves.

Ditto. I have the AJ Force matte and a replacement in clear non-Force is on its way from Power Support and most likely will have this same problem. I am considering getting the Apple leather case in midnight blue. Does it go well with the iPhone 6 silver?

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Ditto. I have the AJ Force matte and a replacement in clear non-Force is on its way from Power Support and most likely will have this same problem. I am considering getting the Apple leather case in midnight blue. Does it go well with the iPhone 6 silver?

The midnight blue goes spectacularly well with the silver iPhone! I absolutely love the blue with white. IMO it's by far the best color for the silver.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Curious about the wearing of the newer leather. I had the 5s leather in black and it was by far my favorite case I have ever owned. Just concerned that this "natural" leather won't wear as well as the analine.

Taki

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
Just to update, I've been using matte non-Force version on and off (I rotate a few different cases), but there's no sign of coating peeling off. I'm thinking it was a problem specific for the matte finish of AJ Force. I like non-Force version design, and for me it's easier to remove than Force.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Maybe I'm just being picky but just got mine and creaks a lot and phone feels kind of "loose" in it. Have other cheaper cases I think I prefer over this one, so far. Namely Ringke Slim.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
My Force version had the same problem. Creaking towards the bottom right corner. The replacement they sent me had the same problem in the same spot. I have since sold the case though.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
My Force version had the same problem. Creaking towards the bottom right corner. The replacement they sent me had the same problem in the same spot. I have since sold the case though.

Is mine force version or? Ordered it off their website?? Whatever it is, it's creaky

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If the Arc bumper is anything like the one I had on my iPhone 5, I'll pass. It looked fantastic, but broke easily, which shouldn't happen for an accessory that costs upwards of $40.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
If the Arc bumper is anything like the one I had on my iPhone 5, I'll pass. It looked fantastic, but broke easily, which shouldn't happen for an accessory that costs upwards of $40.

I guess I'm just flattered 700 comments of rave and then I get this thing. Lol.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
if your cases are loose or creaky, they are defective...return them, mines solid. i did take it off the other day to clean out the lint, still tight and solid.

barrikade

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
Any ideas if this would fit over Slickwraps wrap?

I would take your phone to an Apple store if you can and try on the PS case. I did this with my 6+ and I have Ghost Armor skin on the sides and back of my phone. I couldn't even get the case on without destroying my side skins! This thing is a really tight fit. Other than that, I really liked the case lol

What I might end up doing is taking off the skin on the sides (leaving the back skin on) and try the PS case again.

arcturuz

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
got the clear PSAJ for my ip6+ a few days back

while it is known to be slippery, i didn't expect it to be so slippery, even worse than the naked iphone.

most probably will remove it and change back to my matte PSAJ

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
got the clear PSAJ for my ip6+ a few days back

while it is known to be slippery, i didn't expect it to be so slippery, even worse than the naked iphone.

most probably will remove it and change back to my matte PSAJ

i noticed this too at first, now its not as slippery, maybe as the self healing coat wears a bit?

crysis82

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2015
Bought and installed the PS Air Jacket on my iPhone 6+, found out that only the outer part of the case is scratch resistant... I opened up the case to clean the dust trapped inside using a microfibre cloth and end up with fine scratches inside the case. My heart sank when I realized what I've done.. just to share here so that you guys will be careful with the case.

jknet

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2015
This case does not last long

I got this case in oct and it recently start creaking and becoming more and more loose. I took the case off only a handful of times. Pretty disappointing in this case's life span. 6 plus matte smoke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.