Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
As a female who also wears tight jeans/pants. My 6+ does not fit in my front pockets. I can maybe fit about 1/4 of the phone in my front pocket. In my back pockets I can get about half of it in there. Which is doable but I don't like half of my phone hanging out.

I just put my 6+ in a wallet case or clutch case and just carry it like that. Not a big deal.

Have you considered writing to the manufacturers of your clothes to ask them why they can't accommodate the larger forms of cutting edge mobile technology? Or even better persuade the editors of Vogue to push baggy fashion again, I hear MC Hammer is looking at a comeback and might appear on celebrity Big Brother at some point. Food for thought as these trendy types aren't up with their tech quite obviously. :)

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
That's where the Lord Almighty steps in. Use a pocket if you're a believer. Or go with a bag that is the Devil's handiwork.

Well, one would think if it is possible to turn water in to wine, while not a 6+ into a 6 or a 5 when you pocket it, and back into a 6+ when you use it.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Well, one would think if it is possible to turn water in to wine, while not a 6+ into a 6 or a 5 when you pocket it, and back into a 6+ when you use it.

Way too easy. Remember one of the last lines in Back to the Future?

"Roads? Who needs roads?"

dbanderson1

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2013
The 6+ already has 1080p and OIS. Now maybe they could include OIS on the smaller model, but 1080p on the smaller screen would probably not make a visible difference.

I understand that... I just shouldn't have to buy a phablet to get those features. And since most people on this thread recognize there is a notable difference in screen quality between the 6 and 6+ I would argue that putting a 1080p screen on the 6S/7 (whatever the next similar sized phone is) will make a "visible difference."

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Thank God I got the 6 Plus

I understand that... I just shouldn't have to buy a phablet to get those features. And since most people on this thread recognize there is a notable difference in screen quality between the 6 and 6+ I would argue that putting a 1080p screen on the 6S/7 (whatever the next similar sized phone is) will make a "visible difference."

That's just it. Because of the size difference the value of 1080p would be lost on the smaller screen and would not be visible without a good hand lens.

dbanderson1

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2013
Get your eyes checked

That's just it. Because of the size difference the value of 1080p would be lost on the smaller screen and would not be visible without a good hand lens.

I feel like you are arguing just to argue. I have held them both in hand, side by side. The iPhone 6 has 326 pixels per inch (PPI), while the 6+ has 401. The 6 plus is noticeably clearer to the naked eye without a hand lens. The smaller model should at least have the same ppi, but It would be great if they upped it. By putting a 1080x1920 screen into the 6S ... it would bring the PPI up to 468, which is on par with the competition (Samsung S5 = 445, HTC One 469). Some will argue that the 6S+ should have a higher PPI because it costs more, and I agree. I was really surprised they didn't go to 1440p screen similar to the Nexus 6 which comes in at a PPI of 493. You may need to get your vision checked if you cannot notice the difference in resolution holding a 6 and 6+.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I feel like you are arguing just to argue. I have held them both in hand, side by side. The iPhone 6 has 326 pixels per inch (PPI), while the 6+ has 401. The 6 plus is noticeably clearer to the naked eye without a hand lens. The smaller model should at least have the same ppi, but It would be great if they upped it. By putting a 1080x1920 screen into the 6S ... it would bring the PPI up to 468, which is on par with the competition (Samsung S5 = 445, HTC One 469). Some will argue that the 6S+ should have a higher PPI because it costs more, and I agree. I was really surprised they didn't go to 1440p screen similar to the Nexus 6 which comes in at a PPI of 493. You may need to get your vision checked if you cannot notice the difference in resolution holding a 6 and 6+.

You are reading much more into it than intended. I do not argue to argue. Let's just drop this before it gets nasty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.