Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Katkara

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2015
Unfortunatly this website is very professional looking and a few of the online reviews are very positive. This is not an easy scam to spot, bit it is a scam. My partner has just had the same happen to him. I have spoken to to action fraud who are forwarding the details on to the police. They have asked if anybody else could contact them because the more people who come forward, the higher priority the case will be given. PLEASE come forwards if you have been affected by this. This company needs to be shut down before they get anyone else's money. We are also emailing google to inform them and ask that they remove the website. The details for action fraud are on their website. It doesn't take long and hopefully will get something done. I already have a crime reference number but now it just needs you to do the same. Please help. Thank you.

NinjaCool

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2015
officialiphoneunlock.co.uk a scam

They will hook you with 20GBP, no refund, and then another sum of money, still no refund, and then offer a guaranteed unlock for 110GBP. Scam in my book!

Mjseddon

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2015
Do not trust them!!!

i am UK based and purchased an iPhone6 locked to EE and they charged me £160 in total (£20 pre-order and £140) to perform the unlock. 9 weeks later and I am still waiting, their communication is appalling and have no customer service skills at all.

The 'pre-order' thing is a scam - this is not a industry specific requirement!!

I am now asking for a refund which I will probably not see.....DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gone to http://unlockiphonevip.com/ instead who do not charge a 'pre-order' and communicate effectively with their customers.

quangnx

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2015
https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk is trap completely

I'm absolutely treat the site as a famous site. But they gave me a trap.
First, I checked Ip5 for unlocking, they give the payment about 19.99 pound
Then, they emailed with second prize 29.99 pound more, I surprise with the payment but I keep believe in them and continue with the second of payment.

Unlucky for me, they back to the third times with 69 pound payment more, This is aghast to me because the trap.

50 + 69 pound might not a big one to people, but it show a case of stolen from End Users.

There is no problem with my ip5 locking, it's about prize are so high. And I cannot obtain the third payment to them(109 pound for unlocking ip5 - it's so unreasonable).
109 pound for unlocking the ip5 or they said they cannot return me money over two previous time. Do you think this great site treat like a thief?

Surprise that the web site had the money without doing unlocking ip5, without return back money, without trouble? And directly from End Users.

I'm a new bie and I did believe in them. That's really surprise a web site form UK/British did that??

thank you for reading me. If you can learn some trap from the web site. It's my lesson too.

Last edited:
Reactions: tattwa and Regiem

Areno

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2015
Conned and I used Paypal

Advance Unlocking By Apps iPhone Official are scammers, I paid with PayPal and as it was electronic PayPal wont do anything, even though these scammers are using the PayPal logo

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Advance Unlocking By Apps iPhone Official are scammers, I paid with PayPal and as it was electronic PayPal wont do anything, even though these scammers are using the PayPal logo

I think its in the words that people keep getting conned "Official iPhone Unlock" seems to be drawing people.

Personally I recommend Samunlocks as they have taken care of my minor unlock needs so far reviews say nothing but good things about them.

chris_4442

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2015
Cheltenham, Cheltenham GB
Website states 24 to 72 hours for and update. After 3 weeks I've heard nothing from them, they don't reply to emails and won't discuss orders on the telephone. Status page does not update. Guess I've lost my money.
They also spend a lot of time on review sites trying to delete bad reviews. Don't trust!

GerriedeB.

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2015
Ok, maybe I'm one of the dum people, maybe I'm lucky. So far I paid 19,99GBP for a Pre-Order and got a mail back in two days that the unlock was completed and that I had to pay 29,99 to send the unlock code to my device. When I clicked on their link to go for the payment of the 29,99 and try to pay, the amount changed to 19,99?! I paid and saw that it created a new Pre-Order. So I mailed them what to do to pay them the missing 10GBP. Just have to wait what they are going to do?! But by reading all this stuff above I think they will charge me way more than that missing 10GBP I guess...

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Ok, maybe I'm one of the dum people, maybe I'm lucky. So far I paid 19,99GBP for a Pre-Order and got a mail back in two days that the unlock was completed and that I had to pay 29,99 to send the unlock code to my device. When I clicked on their link to go for the payment of the 29,99 and try to pay, the amount changed to 19,99?! I paid and saw that it created a new Pre-Order. So I mailed them what to do to pay them the missing 10GBP. Just have to wait what they are going to do?! But by reading all this stuff above I think they will charge me way more than that missing 10GBP I guess...
You have lost you money unfortunately. This site is a scam with a capital S. Best to check this site before paying your money. They have a long history on here.

r.skokan9

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015
hey, i was looking for a website to IMEI unlock my iphone 4 on 5.1.1, and i stumbled across this website? i saw the testimonials and it seems pretty trust worthy, but i just wanted to double check on this trusted site. anyone have any advice or any other websites? the prices are great, £59.99 which is i believe 120 for any AT&T iphone.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company.
I tried to unlock my iPhone and they said the estimated cost would be £19.99 which was okay.
I paid 19.99£ and about a week later I got an email that said my iPhone was hard to unlock and the carrier would unlock it only for extra money. They said it would be additional £30.00. Which was still a fair price.
Although, after another week or so, I got another email saying that my iPhone is still impossible to unlock for this price and I need to pay 109.99£ In total.
Enough's enough and I wasn't willing to pay that much and I wanted to refund my 49.99£ that I had already paid.
After several emails they are not replying to my request and I never got my 49.99£ back. Never again, thanks.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company.
I tried to unlock my iPhone and they said the estimated cost would be £19.99 which was okay.
I paid 19.99£ and about a week later I got an email that said my iPhone was hard to unlock and the carrier would unlock it only for extra money. They said it would be additional £30.00. Which was still a fair price.
Although, after another week or so, I got another email saying that my iPhone is still impossible to unlock for this price and I need to pay 109.99£ In total.
Enough's enough and I wasn't willing to pay that much and I wanted to refund my 49.99£ that I had already paid.
After several emails they are not replying to my request and I never got my 49.99£ back. Never again, thanks.
Agreed stay away they are scam artists. You will never get an unlock but will get request for more and more money.

Unsatisfied_CustomerUK

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2015
hey, i was looking for a website to IMEI unlock my iphone 4 on 5.1.1, and i stumbled across this website? i saw the testimonials and it seems pretty trust worthy, but i just wanted to double check on this trusted site. anyone have any advice or any other websites? the prices are great, £59.99 which is i believe 120 for any AT&T iphone.

http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk IT'S DEFINITELY NOT TRUST WORRY. i psturchased their services because they GUARANTEED to unlock my Iphone Cloud. They tried several times and were unable. They then stayed I paid to have the phone unlocked from it's carrier and would NOT REFUND my money.

In regards to their reviews. I don't believe their ratings. I posted my review and even though it said it was submitted it never showed up; so that tell me that they're in control of what reviews are shown or not.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk IT'S DEFINITELY NOT TRUST WORRY. i psturchased their services because they GUARANTEED to unlock my Iphone Cloud. They tried several times and were unable. They then stayed I paid to have the phone unlocked from it's carrier and would NOT REFUND my money.

In regards to their reviews. I don't believe their ratings. I posted my review and even though it said it was submitted it never showed up; so that tell me that they're in control of what reviews are shown or not.

You thought they would unlock an iCloud locked phone? Did you buy a stolen/lost phone or did you steal/find an iCloud locked phone?

Unsatisfied_CustomerUK

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2015
Official Iphone Unlock UK Guaranteed they would unlock an Iphone Cloud phone. The phone use to be my brothers. He past away in 2014.

Official Iphone Unlock CO.UK (FAQ)
Does the iPhone need to be activated?
Our unlock works in any situation - if iTunes is asking for your AT&T phone number and ZIP code we can still unlock it. And we can unlock those already activated using iTunes or iCloud, or one which has been freshly restored.

Kay Zee

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2015
It's illegal

It took more than 20 days waiting for them to send me the code and not do as well OfficialliPhoneUnlock tell me not return me the money without sending me any code or anything. This is a scam and I denounce.

Kay Zee

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2015
You thought they would unlock an iCloud locked phone? Did you buy a stolen/lost phone or did you steal/find an iCloud locked phone?
This official iphone unlock is total scam they promise to unlock your phone between 24 - 72 hours it's been 10 days today but still nothing .I tried to contact them by email no reply at all i think it's total scam they are probably going to vlose this website soon but definitely after getting rich

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
I just can't see how any company can unlock an iPhone. I was always under the assumption your carrier had to send the request to Apple who add it to their whitelist then after you restore the phone it is unlocked. I read about the scam that was being perpetrated at AT&T but those employees were fired.

Kay Zee

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2015
Official Iphone Unlock UK Guaranteed they would unlock an Iphone Cloud phone. The phone use to be my brothers. He past away in 2014.

Official Iphone Unlock CO.UK (FAQ)
Does the iPhone need to be activated?
Our unlock works in any situation - if iTunes is asking for your AT&T phone number and ZIP code we can still unlock it. And we can unlock those already activated using iTunes or iCloud, or one which has been freshly restored.

I don't understand how these websites scam people day nd night ...
At first they ask for €20.00 few days later ask for another €40.00 ten days later they ll send an email saying that we are unable to unlock your iphone then they give back €40.00 in credit so now that money is belongs to them legitimate way because you can't use it anywhere else but there website
Nobody knows what happened with the 1st payment of €20.00
Total money they scam out of one person is approx $100.00 US
What can one do now money is gone they don't even reply to the emails ...any suggestion how to get money back ?
Thank you

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I just can't see how any company can unlock an iPhone. I was always under the assumption your carrier had to send the request to Apple who add it to their whitelist then after you restore the phone it is unlocked. I read about the scam that was being perpetrated at AT&T but those employees were fired.

I use to use iphoneunlockguys and it worked every time. What these guys do is have someone on he inside at Apple or the carrier adding the IMEI numbers to the white list. When you restore your phone via iTunes a screen pops up showing your phone is unlocked. I've had my 4s and 5s successfully unlocked in the past without an issue.

Jazzray

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2016
Mate.... This company is a CON... I wished i listened to the reviews.. charged me £19.99 for pre order then wanted me to pay £39.99 extra to send unlock code.... never was this clearly on their web site... you have one charge and thats it... they are just ripping people left right and center.... I didnt give them the extra and just went to Vodaphone who did it for free....

Bell Ends

litan1106

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2016

I got scammed for GBP 120. It's FAKE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.