Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
i ordered yesterday @ swiftunlocks for $29 6s plus and this afternoon i saw it was delivered "status"

i restored my at&t it it was unlock. now im rocking my verizon sim on it.

Jtludwig

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
How? I genuinely would like to know how you get to the point of paying out that much money and not thinking it was a scam.

Haha. Good question. I would have replied sooner but I was busy replying to the Pope's email asking me to help him transfer money to the US.

Reactions: Shokol8

damsel77

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2016
My story was,

I ordered unlock for my iPhone 6 plus towards the end of Dec 2015, I paid for the pre-order 19.99 GBP and then 30.00 GBP.
Then they came back after few weeks saying that my iphone was still under contract and they cannot unlock and also they cannot refund as they already prepared the unlock but I could use my credit against any other unlock.
They also mentioned that I can order for a more expensive Any Network Unlock that will unlock my phone under contract too.

I emailed them couple of times asking if I cancelled the contract, will they be able to unlock but received no reply.
And then I went ahead cancelled my contract and waited for over a month for it to be out of contract in independent IME checking websites.

And finally when my same iphone was out of contract, I placed pre-order and paid 19.99 from the credit I had from before and they emailed me after few hours asking me to pay full amount and they asked me to pay £65.00 (1-15days unlock delivery). Just 2 months ago, the total amount was GBP 49.99 and now the total was GBP 84.99 for the same iphone.

I emailed them many many times asking why was the total different and if they could unlock with what I paid earlier, but I didnot receive any reply at all. And I had 1 week to pay the remaining to process the unlock otherwise I would loose all I paid plus not get the iphone unlocked either.

Then I googled the validity of official iphone unlock and came across stories in this website and others.
Then I found out that they are pure scammers and have scammed many people with stories similar as mine.

Then finally I send them an email saying they are fraud and scammers and unless they refund my money or unlock my iphone with what I already paid, I will claim to my bank and card company and go to police if needed.
And also work with online community who they have cheated to spread the word that they are fake.

Immediately after I send this kind of email, they replied back saying THEY WILL REFUND MY MONEY AND THEY REFUNDED TOO....I am now very happy that I got my money back...and I bought a new sim free iphone to prevent all the hassles.

izzatillo

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2016
Japan
Dear Forum members.

If you are looking for Iphone IMEI unlocking service, never use and trust to officialiphoneunlock.co.uk . This is illegal.
Practically, i had problem with them. when i checked my iphone unlock availability. they sent me mail as it is possible and charge 19 pound, and in order to full unlock they required to pay 59 pound.
After i had paid, they did not response to my mail even for phones.

Even they dont refund your money.

they are pirates, never trust to their mails and activations.

spiff101

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2006
Also a victim of this fraud. But posting here won't do much to deter them. I'd encourage others to send a quick report to Action Fraud, the UK centre for fraud investigation. This might result in some action (if they're registered in the UK, they should be punishable; if not, their co.uk domain ought to be taken away).
[doublepost=1461225716][/doublepost]And post a review at https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk (it's the first review site to come up on a google search for officialiphoneunlock.co.uk)
[EDIT] So apparently trustpilot takes money from businesses who are then allowed to challenge and possibly delete negative reviews - and of course there are plenty of (most likely paid-for) positive reviews there - but there are also negative ones, so I still think it would be useful to add to them.

Last edited:

barbaraleaoc

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2016
hey, i was looking for a website to IMEI unlock my iphone 4 on 5.1.1, and i stumbled across this website? i saw the testimonials and it seems pretty trust worthy, but i just wanted to double check on this trusted site. anyone have any advice or any other websites? the prices are great, £59.99 which is i believe 120 for any AT&T iphone.

IT'S TERRIBLE!!!!

I've tryed 3 different IMEI 2 of them were I used "http://cleancheck.me" and showed clean so I moved forward with another request. Then, the answer was that they were not clean (after your interference). And then, when I checked back, it showed it was not clean. I'm assuming they made it change, so I asked for refund and had NO answer back... Terrible service... DON'T USE it!!!
[doublepost=1461936088][/doublepost]
i ordered yesterday @ swiftunlocks for $29 6s plus and this afternoon i saw it was delivered "status"

i restored my at&t it it was unlock. now im rocking my verizon sim on it.

IT'S TERRIBLE!!!!

I've tryed 3 different IMEI 2 of them were I used "http://cleancheck.me" and showed clean so I moved forward with another request. Then, the answer was that they were not clean (after your interference). And then, when I checked back, it showed it was not clean. I'm assuming they made it change, so I asked for refund and had NO answer back... Terrible service... DON'T USE it!!!

BenBurd

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2016
hey, i was looking for a website to IMEI unlock my iphone 4 on 5.1.1, and i stumbled across this website? i saw the testimonials and it seems pretty trust worthy, but i just wanted to double check on this trusted site. anyone have any advice or any other websites? the prices are great, £59.99 which is i believe 120 for any AT&T iphone.
It's a scam, call your credit company and ask for a chargeback. They have to do this

dallen52

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Suppose it's never too late to add my little bits of information about this crowd, and it's affiliate cronies.

I did get suckered just like many other people have, and are being every day.

I did the battle against them, and lost.
I did the battle against the company they use to process the funds, and lost.
I had a review run on the website and Facebook and feedback site, they post to.
They are All manipulated.
And yes they withdraw any nasty feedback.

My salvation was my bank in Australia.
They refunded me.
For a service not supplied, now was ever going to be supplied.

Basically the iPhone unlock company is fishing for your money.
And will keep going in the hope they will get more.
And most people just say, pack of B*stards, and move on.

I tried Nochex and Trust Pilot.
I was officially told to remove defamatory comments and third party reference.
So what's the point?

The UK cyber crime division eventually came back to me saying that ongoing investigation was taking place.
That was January.
These creatures have been at this for ten years..
Enough said.
If you pay for a service and think that you can get it from these or other unlock crowds.
You would be better having a good night out, and save your money.

Two points..

If you have a phone with imei locked to a carrier, you can get it unlocked your self, normally for free or a minimum charge.
Check the service support site of the carrier.
Even saw a lock screen pin work around the other day.
Worth trying.

If you want an imei lock removed from the Cloud..
Or a friend forgot to take it off when you purchased the phone.

Forget it.
It Can Only be done by Apple.

And apples websites tell you what you need to get it done.
That's it in a nutshell.

There are numerous ways to try to work around the Apple imei locks.
Only have seen one that is working.
On you tube and done in India by removing the cpu.
From the logic board.

Start from the basis of you have up to £100 you are looking to throw away.
Think about the night out option or giving it to charity.

And if you still have a burning desire to blow it away.
Send it to any of these scamming operations.
They will be more than happy to help you to spend it.

Reactions: Mae111

Mae111

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2017
I just got my AT&T iPhone 4S unlocked by them for 59.99GBP = 99 dollars. Worth every Freaken penny. Took 1 day! Reccomend 100%
[doublepost=1490551695][/doublepost]
Well , last February 1 ,2017 me and my sister tried it since it has many reviews that are very good .. but the truth is , THEY are FAKE! because until now my iphone is still LOCKED! and too late too see the video on youtube which are the other users reviews SAID ITS A SCAM because they too has been scammed! SO THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO TRY IN THAT " official iphone unlock something '' u better think twice and browse some info about their company before paying them.

dallen52

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Melbourne Australia
[doublepost=1490551695][/doublepost]

Well , last February 1 ,2017 me and my sister tried it since it has many reviews that are very good .. but the truth is , THEY are FAKE! because until now my iphone is still LOCKED! and too late too see the video on youtube which are the other users reviews SAID ITS A SCAM because they too has been scammed! SO THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO TRY IN THAT " official iphone unlock something '' u better think twice and browse some info about their company before paying them.
I think you know how it works by now.
There are many ways to get a phone unlocked from the network, and many offer a free service to its customers.
Or a minimum cost.
This crowd has been in business more than 10 years.
Because they are mixing the service offered by them.
Carrier unlock is do able.
Icloud unlock is Not do able.

If you have the purchase information for the I will be device you can get it done by Apple, up to two years old, but I think.
No one has the ability to remove Icloud security locks.. Except Apple.
And they do not do this, unless you meet the requirements of the unlock.

One day it will sink in.
PHONE Unlock yes
ICLOUD Unlock impossible.
[doublepost=1490554100][/doublepost]If you have any doubts..
This is the type of rubbish that they generate in an attempt to create an illusion that the device is locked or reported stolen.

The website is created by the same company.

Try keying the imei into another site.
Like I did.
And I a
Screenshot_20160922-200222.png
Screenshot_20160922-200522.png
lready knew that it was not locked.
[doublepost=1490554277][/doublepost]I had already contacted the carrier and Apple and the government website in Australia, and it was completely clean.
Just needed the previous owners details removed.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
These scammers have been at it for ages, I cannot stress enough how often we read about these people on the internet.

I have always and only used and 99% of the time have had a wonderful experiencing in getting the service I ordered on time: Samunlocks, Swiftunlocks, Chronicunlocks.

Meatstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017

I would recommend iphoneimei.net they are a solid company and are much less expensive than those thieves at OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk

dallen52

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Melbourne Australia
I would recommend iphoneimei.net they are a solid company and are much less expensive than those thieves at OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk

I can only say what i have said previously.
And many others the same.

If its an imei lock to a carrier, theres every possibility that you can get it done.
Most carriers will do for free.
In Australia all imei are unlocked after 2015.
Or you type it into a web site.

If its imei locked in the cloud.
Forget it.
No one can unlock EXCEPT Apple.
Icloud came in at IOS 5.

If posters clarified what they are actually after?
Its either do able. At a price.
Or impossible.

Officialiphoneunlock do provide some services.
Basically the ones you could possibly get for free or a minimal cost.

The imei check site checkme is manipulated by them.
Same any Facebook feedback.
Its manipulated. Only the good stuff stays.
And most of that is bogus.

As far as them preparing the unlock, its rubbish. They do nothing.
They dont have an Apple employee on the payroll who puts the imei on a Whitelist.
There is no premium service. Just BS.

They are an off shore company supposedly based on Grand Caymen island.

If its a carrier lock.
Go ahead and google the unlock fisrt.
It may be free. Or minimal cost.
If its icloud. Forget it.

Meatstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017
I appreciate the heads up. There's a lot of people out there that say they've had success with iCloud unlocks, but I don't know anyone personally that's had this done. I assume there's a lot of fake reviews out there generated by these websites. I decided to go ahead and give officialiPhoneunlock.co.uk an additional 30 pounds to complete the iCloud unlock on my iPhone 7+. Otherwise, this phone is worthless to me and would have to sell it for $300 on eBay for parts.
I'm not expecting this iCloud unlock to work, but it would be nice... Maybe just wishful thinking.

dallen52

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Melbourne Australia
I appreciate the heads up. There's a lot of people out there that say they've had success with iCloud unlocks, but I don't know anyone personally that's had this done. I assume there's a lot of fake reviews out there generated by these websites. I decided to go ahead and give officialiPhoneunlock.co.uk an additional 30 pounds to complete the iCloud unlock on my iPhone 7+. Otherwise, this phone is worthless to me and would have to sell it for $300 on eBay for parts.
I'm not expecting this iCloud unlock to work, but it would be nice... Maybe just wishful thinking.

Speaking from my IT systems background.
I tried the subject mob out of curiosity.
Scam. Scam.

Spoke with a colleague at Apple.
Its not do able.
Only Apple can remove a icloud imei lock.
If you have proof of purchase.
The equipment is less than two years old.

Its part of the security system.
They even refused for the FBI in a deceased person case some time back.

The last time i saw a workaround it involved removing the logic board and replace it with a new one.
Basically a new heart in the device..

I'm all ears if there's a company that can do it.
Officialiphoneunlock cannot do it.
They phish for your money with promises of a future unlock coming available.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
You either don't like to take good advice or you work for the company. They are a scam you might as well have flushed your money down the toilet.

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
You either don't like to take good advice or you work for the company. They are a scam you might as well have flushed your money down the toilet.

As said above they are scammers. THEY GET a little of your money at a a time, then say cannot unlock, not their fault, ask for more money, and the requires friendly credit card to reverse charges if you are lucky. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM Stay away

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011

You could try and return the phone to its rightful owner too!

Cazoo71

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2017
[doublepost=1506969892][/doublepost]
It's illegal

It took more than 20 days waiting for them to send me the code and not do as well OfficialliPhoneUnlock tell me not return me the money without sending me any code or anything. This is a scam and I denounce.
[doublepost=1506969957][/doublepost]This is by far the biggest scam ever. When you navigate to the website it big bold writing it states only $19 to unlock the icloud. Once you sign up for that, couple days later you have to pay another $39 to fully unlock the service. The first $19 was a pre-order which is non refu sable, then the $39 is refundable if the service doesn't work only according to their guidelines. My phone was in the guidelines and they weren't able to unlock the icloud. They were giving me a Voucher for another phone. They won't give me the refund on what they claim on the site. I have sent them many email for a refund and still no answer after 10 emails. TOTAL SCAM ...PLEASE BEWARE !!!!!!!!

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
[doublepost=1506969892][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1506969957][/doublepost]This is by far the biggest scam ever. When you navigate to the website it big bold writing it states only $19 to unlock the icloud. Once you sign up for that, couple days later you have to pay another $39 to fully unlock the service. The first $19 was a pre-order which is non refu sable, then the $39 is refundable if the service doesn't work only according to their guidelines. My phone was in the guidelines and they weren't able to unlock the icloud. They were giving me a Voucher for another phone. They won't give me the refund on what they claim on the site. I have sent them many email for a refund and still no answer after 10 emails. TOTAL SCAM ...PLEASE BEWARE !!!!!!!!

Maybe the owner of the phone could help with the phones icloud account as they will have set it up!

Cazoo71

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2017
Maybe the owner of the phone could help with the phones icloud account as they will have set it up!

Dude, that's not what the site requires me to to. The phone is 100% clean and needs icloud unlock, that's why I came to this site. They claim they can do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.