Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darryjr

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2013
New York
I can't complain

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 109

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I can't complain
Nice.

Wish Phoenix were like that.

According to s4gru.com we are still only 74% LTE upgraded, despite having been "launched" as a market (at 40% I might add) in April 2014.

I have an iPhone 5. No Band 26 and no Band 41. Hence I am stuck on Band 25 (1900mhz). My market (Phoenix) was started in December 2012. 2.5 years later this is where we are with the majority of the hold up still being no fiber optic backhaul.

When you do not give contractors any incentive to complete on time or any penalties for taking too long AND you set up your backhaul purchases to be "just in time" you suffer the consequences and Sprint customers have been paying for it out here.

I know it's much better elsewhere (as per your screenshot) but I've been poking along at sub 0.5mbps on 3G and 0.5mbps on LTE for about two years now.

It's a relief to finally see the second tower where I work getting backhaul as it looks like we're still going to be stuck on Sprint.

----------

It looks like even though you get the domestic unlock, your Sprint iPhone5 won't get LTE on TMobile. You need B2 and B4. It doesn't support any of those. Upside is that, you could probably sell it on CL and pick up a GSM variant for not that much more money.

Well the thought had been just to get on T-Mobile. 4G and HSPA+ supposedly would still work as well as 3G. Once on T-Mobile then we could take advantage of their upgrades at some point. While much slower than LTE at least we'd have consistent speeds on a developed network. Versus crap Sprint 3G speeds and turtle LTE speeds.

If the Ferrari is in the shop, the family station wagon can still do 75mph on the freeway if you know what I mean.

----------

It's ironic how they needed that capacity/backhaul when the Super Bowl was in PHX, but it wasn't done then.

Upside is that Sprint finally seems to be improving nationwide
Yeah. It's funny. I think the whole Super Bowl thing was pretty bad. I say that because there was NOTHING commented about it over at s4gru.com. If they can't praise it, they don't talk about it. If it's bad, it's ignored.

----------

Sprint has improved over the past year. It's just going slowly but it is improving.
Well, it took them a year and a half to finally get things decent at work. And I don't know if they were testing or not as I just noticed this on Friday.

At home it still sucks. We'll see. As I've said many times. It's getting better everywhere else except home and work! :(

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Nice.

Wish Phoenix were like that.

According to s4gru.com we are still only 74% LTE upgraded, despite having been "launched" as a market (at 40% I might add) in April 2014.

I have an iPhone 5. No Band 26 and no Band 41. Hence I am stuck on Band 25 (1900mhz). My market (Phoenix) was started in December 2012. 2.5 years later this is where we are with the majority of the hold up still being no fiber optic backhaul.

When you do not give contractors any incentive to complete on time or any penalties for taking too long AND you set up your backhaul purchases to be "just in time" you suffer the consequences and Sprint customers have been paying for it out here.

I know it's much better elsewhere (as per your screenshot) but I've been poking along at sub 0.5mbps on 3G and 0.5mbps on LTE for about two years now.

It's a relief to finally see the second tower where I work getting backhaul as it looks like we're still going to be stuck on Sprint.

----------

Well the thought had been just to get on T-Mobile. 4G and HSPA+ supposedly would still work as well as 3G. Once on T-Mobile then we could take advantage of their upgrades at some point. While much slower than LTE at least we'd have consistent speeds on a developed network. Versus crap Sprint 3G speeds and turtle LTE speeds.

If the Ferrari is in the shop, the family station wagon can still do 75mph on the freeway if you know what I mean.

----------

[/COLOR]

Yeah. It's funny. I think the whole Super Bowl thing was pretty bad. I say that because there was NOTHING commented about it over at s4gru.com. If they can't praise it, they don't talk about it. If it's bad, it's ignored.

----------

Well, it took them a year and a half to finally get things decent at work. And I don't know if they were testing or not as I just noticed this on Friday.

At home it still sucks. We'll see. As I've said many times. It's getting better everywhere else except home and work! :(

Sucks to hear about your refund situation. Have you considered just grabbing another iPhone 5 off craigslist and jumping ship to another carrier without having to purchase a new device? I was just browsing last night and found several that are still running iOS 6 (I know very well how much you hate the "unicorn puke").

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sucks to hear about your refund situation. Have you considered just grabbing another iPhone 5 off craigslist and jumping ship to another carrier without having to purchase a new device? I was just browsing last night and found several that are still running iOS 6 (I know very well how much you hate the "unicorn puke").
Yeah, that's the problem. The refund will most likely be entirely eating by stuff that we've had to wait to get to but need to get. Very little if any will be left over.

It's very frustrating, but at least Sprint has finally done something decent around work.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
What?? I'm in NYC and My speeds are so slow. I wonder if it's my phone or something else.

these speeds are perfectly fine...you're in a spark market so you could be getting better speeds, but i don't why you would call these speeds "so slow". you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference in speeds if you were getting 30/15 instead

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
T4GRU.com

I find this incredibly dumbfounding and highly entertaining.

Owner and founder of S4GRU.com creates this: http://www.t4gru.com/

And here I thought the management over there at s4gru hated any carrier that wasn't Sprint. Guess I was wrong!

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Sprint has also dramatically improved in my area (Yakima, WA) in the past year. LTE coverage is much broader and available in more places (one of them being my place of work) and it's gotten much speedier. On LTE I can get about 45 down and 5 up in most areas. I'm pretty impressed.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I'm curious (serious question)

for the people that are complaining because they are getting LTE speeds of under 10mbs.

What would you need more then 10 for on a mobile device?

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I'm curious (serious question)

for the people that are complaining because they are getting LTE speeds of under 10mbs.

What would you need more then 10 for on a mobile device?

That's a cop-out excuse.

Higher speeds show that the network is capable of keeping up with demand and has the needed capacity. Sprint has never been able to say either of those things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.