Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
Come on, put the new MacBook in my hands. While I have no problems using the 13" rMBP on planes, I definitely can't wait to have something smaller.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Come on, put the new MacBook in my hands. While I have no problems using the 13" rMBP on planes, I definitely can't wait to have something smaller.

I look forward to being able to put my rMB on an airline's tray table with still some room for my drink. Other notebooks had to sit on my lap. I love traveling with less.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
I look forward to being able to put my rMB on an airline's tray table with still some room for my drink. Other notebooks had to sit on my lap. I love traveling with less.

Yeah, I'm actually able to use my rMBP comfortably on the tray table if there isn't anything else on it. So I put it away when dinner/drinks come.

I had a flight last year where they kept bringing food nonstop! I didn't even get to use my Mac on that flight. Best flight ever. So I find myself using the seatback TV for movies when I'm unable to have my Mac on the tray table.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Yeah, I'm actually able to use my rMBP comfortably on the tray table if there isn't anything else on it. So I put it away when dinner/drinks come.

I had a flight last year where they kept bringing food nonstop! I didn't even get to use my Mac on that flight. Best flight ever. So I find myself using the seatback TV for movies when I'm unable to have my Mac on the tray table.

So you should get a bigger computer to enjoy your flights even more. :)

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
So you should get a bigger computer to enjoy your flights even more. :)

Haha. Hey I was wondering, would the new MacBook draw too much power to charge by the USB ports on airplanes? On about 75 percent of my flights, my seat only has a USB port and not a power port. I'm usually fine as far as battery goes, but this got me thinking.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Haha. Hey I was wondering, would the new MacBook draw too much power to charge by the USB ports on airplanes? On about 75 percent of my flights, my seat only has a USB port and not a power port. I'm usually fine as far as battery goes, but this got me thinking.

I don't think it would. It uses so much less power than most notebooks that I think it would be fine. Even if not, at least you'll probably get some charge. For example, if I plug my iPhone into my car's USB connector it can't charge it fast but the battery level stays about constant when being used (not going down).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.