Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
I used screen protectors on my 4S for years. At the very end I started using it without a screen protector and the oleophobic coating was still perfect. You could tell this as the coating had worn off where the camera/speaker cutout was. So when I cleaned the screen I was left with a small oval around the speaker, but the rest of the screen was perfect.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
BSE glossy front screen protector. Matte body/back.

Really crappy pictures and crappier install :).
Installed last night. Not sure about the screen. the back matte is staying. Considering a glass type screen protector now.

Update
Here is how the BSE install has held up! :D

eq3Kibe.jpg

This time around the install just didn't work out for me. I've had plenty of success before with BSE. But the skins just seemed to be difficult to work with this time.
I wasn't wild about the feel of the cut outs for the speakers and switches. Always felt them as they were sharp.

It's probably me. I've decided to remove all the BSE.

Use the Spigen case and ordered a Spigen crystal screen protector.

MHenr

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
Decided on the Mime Feather+ Glass for my iPhone 6.
Installed without a problem, just 1 small "bubble" bottom left.

Don't know why the left side seems a little lifted in the pic, it isn't.
Very happy with it.
Didn't want to go edge to edge because I like cases a lot, so perfect option for me.

These things are a breeze to install compared to the plastic protectors.

Attachments

• IMG_2399.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 447

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Update

Here is how the BSE install has held up! :D

This time around the install just didn't work out for me. I've had plenty of success before with BSE. But the skins just seemed to be difficult to work with this time.

I wasn't wild about the feel of the cut outs for the speakers and switches. Always felt them as they were sharp.

It's probably me. I've decided to remove all the BSE.

Use the Spigen case and ordered a Spigen crystal screen protector.

I don't blame you for removing the front skin. I agree with what you say about the rear skin that you can feel the edges slightly, this is something I was able to get used to though.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I don't blame you for removing the front skin. I agree with what you say about the rear skin that you can feel the edges slightly, this is something I was able to get used to though.

i'm thinking this kind of skin approach isn't right for the iPhone 6 design. I'm digging the Spigen case and awaiting Spigen crystal skin protector (dry install).

linzcarra

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2015
Anker® Premium Full Screen Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 Plus

Hey guys so I'm brand new to this forum thing, but I've always read a bunch of these forums for everything I buy from Apple or any accessories I purchase. It took me forever to find what I was looking for so I guess I just want to let people know my solution to whoever is in my previous position. So I pretty much wanted a iPhone 6 Plus that stayed sleek and seamless. I hated how every time I put a case on and the lip would ruin the seamless transitions for using the phone. I thought about running the phone naked, but that's scary. Anyways, I loved the Apple Leather Case (Black) which I like a lot. But the challenge was finding the screen protector that covered most of the glass. I tried at first Clear Coat, it's a wet application kind of like BSE but I hated how I could feel the bottom of the SP still and the guy left this glaring bubble in the middle. So I looked all over the internet for the perfect screen protector and I did so much research trying to find one and some where in these forums someone posted a picture of the Anker and a Silicon Case and it looked perfect (THANK YOU TO WHOEVER YOU ARE). So I tried that out and it has worked perfectly for the past week. It works weirdly perfect. The Apple Leather Case and the Anker Full Screen Glass is exactly what I was looking for. I'll post some pictures. The only downfall is that the Anker doesn't have great rounded edges so the home button ring and the bottom you can sort of feel. It's definitely not very noticeable. But I also like how its not rounded on the sides because it perfectly connects to the side of the Apple case and going back to what I said before it's pretty seamless. Of course not as seamless as it being naked but for a case and a protector it's pretty seamless. The only way to tell the protector is on is with the clear cover circles at the top for the camera and light sensor which are not hindered either. What's also great is that it's $10 and lifetime warranty. Let me know if you want to anything else or any more pictures. Sorry for the rant too, I just want to help anyone looking at these threads. I was on the verge of giving up.

Attachments

• IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    976.3 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_4881.JPG
    IMG_4881.JPG
    923 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_4882.JPG
    IMG_4882.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 722
Reactions: deb90

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Agreed! My Mime color glass just broke but don't want to pay another $20 for a replacement so I went and try out the Anker, and it's perfect. It's almost exactly the same as the Mime but for only $10 with free two days prime shipping and lifetime warranty. Best edge to edge protector for the price for sure.

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
Need Advice...
This is my 3rd Xtreme Guard spartan i apply on my iphone 6+ and i keep getting like smudges or the edges dont stick all around.

Am i just really crappy at this or is it the cut xtremeguard uses that does not fit perfect? A friend of mine bought a different brand one (trying to get the name; also cheap) and on his installs it went on perfect edge to edge no corners seems like they are lifting.

I have been extremely careful cleaning the screen, not leaving marks, lint and make sure to hold by the edges and line up. Liquid i have no issue..but this is driving my ocd crazy...lol

What is the secret? i used plenty of Windext make sure the screen is super clean.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
My screen protector :) built into my griffin survivor. I know it's sort of a brick but I love it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:

barrikade

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
Does anyone have the ZAGG Glass for iPhone 6 with the Apple leather/silicone case?

I used to have both the Apple Leather and Silicone case with the Zagg glass protector and there was no issue at all. I now have a different case on but you can still see in the pic that the glass goes nowhere near the end so it works with almost any case.

Attachments

• powercutout.JPG
    powercutout.JPG
    758.1 KB · Views: 379

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
iPhone 6 screen protectors - post yours

Can I get a recommendation for a good NON edge to edge Glass SP that has good cutouts for speaker and button? I've come to realize that the cutouts on the Zagg make it difficult to align well.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Can I get a recommendation for a good NON edge to edge Glass SP that has good cutouts for speaker and button? I've come to realize that the cutouts on the Zagg make it difficult to align well.

Search JETech on Amazon. Tempered glass for $9.99 an they have unique cutouts for the speaker and camera.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I have the Benks Invisible 0.15 mm. It's super thin and very smooth. I'm very pleased with it.

image.jpg2_zpsjvwywcd9.jpg
image.jpg1_zpsvzgjpoep.jpg
image.jpg2_zps8golyppf.jpg

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
This has probably been discussed, but just looking for more recent info - has anyone compared using Spigen's GLAS.tR vs other tempered glass protectors? Is there much of a difference using a high end brand like Spigen versus the cheaper generic brands?

I'm currently using this generic tempered glass:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TCA52SY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I love that it's 0.15mm thick and its super clear, but still wondering if Spigen's brand would be noticeably better.

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
This has probably been discussed, but just looking for more recent info - has anyone compared using Spigen's GLAS.tR vs other tempered glass protectors? Is there much of a difference using a high end brand like Spigen versus the cheaper generic brands?

I'm currently using this generic tempered glass:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TCA52SY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I love that it's 0.15mm thick and its super clear, but still wondering if Spigen's brand would be noticeably better.

Yes I had the Spider glass tr fora few weeks before I had to replace my phone due to a bend.

I didn't like it at all due to the fact that it was about 0.1mm too short on both sides even with perfect installation, it didn't cover the actual LCD portion which was pretty bad.

The pros though, it was smooth and had nice rounded edges and felt quite strong.

Just installed a 0.3mm edge to edge benks for my ip6. I stuffed up a few times until I finally got it on perfectly, only issue is now some parts haven't fully adhered...hoping this resolves itself overnight. Otherwise, quite happy with it but will definitely go for a 0.2mm on my next sp.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
It's rounded, with very smooth edges throughout.

Check out my review here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1856273/

image.jpg2_zpspbuvtzuk.jpg
image.jpg1_zpsivhn4nhr.jpg

So for some reason I can not click on The Invisible on the Benks website, which really frustrates me. I had this screen protector on my iP6 as well but it cracked cause I dropped it (did save the phone though). So I want to get a new one but can't seem to get to that page on their site to purchase it, I even emailed them. I did find them on Amazon but it's saying The Invisible is .20mm instead of the .15mm Benks claims. Should I trust it?

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Invisi...33898629&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+6+benks+glass

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
If anyone is interested I did a review of the iPhone 6+ Edge to Edge Tempered Glass Screen Protector by GPel. I'm also giving away two of these, just comment on the video and subscribe to my channel. Will draw two winners next Tuesday, follow me on Twitter, Google+, and Periscope for more giveaways in the future!

ranan90

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
i think otterbox alpha glass are great, warranty for life and otterbox give great warranty, im very plaesed :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.