Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Anyone got this up and running at home yet; if so how is it performing?? Should be 31MU97-B.

My choice was Dell before I say this.

With the 10.10.3 OS X update looks like the teething problems and starting to be addressed.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Sharkey

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Anyone got this up and running at home yet; if so how is it performing?? Should be 31MU97-B.

My choice was Dell before I say this.

With the 10.10.3 OS X update looks like the teething problems and starting to be addressed.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Sharkey

Personally using an NEC Spectraview. I only have the 24" version but we have the 32" 4K UHD version at work. Looks awesome. I'd only consider NEC or Eizo for serious photographic monitors personally.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Personally using an NEC Spectraview. I only have the 24" version but we have the 32" 4K UHD version at work. Looks awesome. I'd only consider NEC or Eizo for serious photographic monitors personally.

Much obliged. My impression of the monitors manufactured by those companies is also a good one.

However this new monitor is new enough and economical enough to attract my attention as my ACR is reaching the end of its life and I have been unable to find any unsolicited reviews so far. Hence the direct question.

Thank you for your response.

Sharkey

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Finn: I bought this display and apart from the supplier sending a used copy (subsequently replaced) it performs as well as I wanted. The picture is calming and easy to look at - non tiring. My photographs seem more lively and detailed and printing has become less of a gamble.
One satisfied (subject to longevity) customer.

Regards
Sharkey

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.