Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarrz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2015
Well after posting this I have finally sold the 6+ and picked up a used 6 and am very happy. The 6+, I loved for the battery and screen but I finally had enough of pocket carry with it. I always felt it and decided the battery life wasn't worth it versus having a phone that just goes away in your pocket when not in use. I am never that far from a charger and I'm sure I'll need to be a little more cognizant of charging it to make it out in the late evening. Both are great phones but the 6 size is a sweet spot IMO.

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Well after posting this I have finally sold the 6+ and picked up a used 6 and am very happy. The 6+, I loved for the battery and screen but I finally had enough of pocket carry with it. I always felt it and decided the battery life wasn't worth it versus having a phone that just goes away in your pocket when not in use. I am never that far from a charger and I'm sure I'll need to be a little more cognizant of charging it to make it out in the late evening. Both are great phones but the 6 size is a sweet spot IMO.

I felt the same when I had the plus. I couldn't stand and couldn't get used to carrying it in my pocket. I even tried a holster set up and although better I'm not a fan of holsters. I carry a portable charger in my gear bag everyday so being near power isn't a problem.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I've had the 6 Plus since October. I definitely got over the "way too big" feeling after a month, but still never felt 100% comfortable. And now that spring is here, I'm finding the Plus a bit too big for my jeans pockets - before I always had a coat I could stick it in if necessary.

I've tried out my kids' regular 6's, so today I picked up a regular 6. Feels small - not as small as a 5 but remarkably smaller than the 6 Plus. However, it might be just right. Certainly does fit in my pocket better!

I'll give it a week and see how it goes. If it's good, I'll keep it and decide what to do with the 6 Plus (sell it or keep it to swap back and forth).

scarrz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2015
I've had the 6 Plus since October. I definitely got over the "way too big" feeling after a month, but still never felt 100% comfortable. And now that spring is here, I'm finding the Plus a bit too big for my jeans pockets - before I always had a coat I could stick it in if necessary.

I've tried out my kids' regular 6's, so today I picked up a regular 6. Feels small - not as small as a 5 but remarkably smaller than the 6 Plus. However, it might be just right. Certainly does fit in my pocket better!

I'll give it a week and see how it goes. If it's good, I'll keep it and decide what to do with the 6 Plus (sell it or keep it to swap back and forth).

That was me also. The 6 feels tiny in the hand but every day carry is much better. I don't feel that I'm missing much getting rid of the 6+. Will see what the 6s or 7 brings.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
That was me also. The 6 feels tiny in the hand but every day carry is much better. I don't feel that I'm missing much getting rid of the 6+. Will see what the 6s or 7 brings.

The HD screen improvements are minimal, a retina screen is perfectly acceptable in my opinion. I don't ever look at my old iPhone 5 and think that it has a nasty low quality screen.
Basically the 6+ plus points are screen size, battery life, loudspeaker quality and OIS.
OIS isn't really a consideration for most folk though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.