Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
For your scenario, consider a regular case combined with a loksac or similar for those few times you need the waterproofing.

I am looking for answer to this, too. I have a Tech Armor Glass screen protector with a Totallee case. The glass protector is very thin, like 0.4 mm, so I am hoping it won't affect the Lifeproof case. I ONLY need waterproof/dustproof case when I go skiing 5-6 times a year.

The LifeProof case is too bulky for use all the time. I.e. won't fit in my car dock, etc.

udontno

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
VA, USA
Did you find any noteworthy reviews addressing your thoughts? I have similar concerns after the Otterbox Preserver for 5S destroyed call quality.

I have not but with the holidays I have not been on the hunt for a new case as I should have been. I did look at a friend's commuter which I like a lot and might end up going that route.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
After all this time, they still have nothing to actually show for the 6 plus.. They introduced a waterproof power case for the 6, already released frē for 6 yet nada for the 6 plus.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Just picked up a white fre for my iP6 and am impressed with it so far. I had a nuud for the 5 and a fre for the 4/4s and after looking at the possible nuud pics I'm glad I went with the fre...

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
So I got my iPhone 6 the day it came out. I've been waiting for LifeProof to release their cases for the iPhone 6 for over a week now.. anyone know when they will release their cases? What's taking them so long? Otterbox and Speck released their cases the day the phone came out.. and many other phone cases manufactures. Who else is waiting to get a LifeProof case for their iPhone 6/6 Plus?

I think they are UGLY! The front screen protector is fonky....it's just gross! But to each their own. I think if you were to drop the case/phone on concrete, it would no longer hold a waterproof seal.

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
Highly overrated they are a relatively small underfunded Co. Without the resources of the large companies, they're not able to respond and bring cases to market in a timely manner.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Highly overrated they are a relatively small underfunded Co. Without the resources of the large companies, they're not able to respond and bring cases to market in a timely manner.

Lifeproof? They were purchased by otterbox, so I do not believe that analysis is accurate.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Ridiculous that 6 plus cases are not out yet. I think being purchased by Otterbox was a bad thing, as they are competing products. At this rate, why even come out with a case and might as well wait until next iPhone introduction.

Lifeproof? They were purchased by otterbox, so I do not believe that analysis is accurate.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
LifeProof Needs To Hurry The ******* Up!

Dog & Bone Wetsuit is a great alternative for those of you tired of waiting on LP...

5891e5081f6b18cbee909ebe5baed079.jpg

Ricardo B

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
LifeProof case...Be careful

Just a got a brand new Nuud case at the same day I bought an Iphone6. All safety tests were performed as per LifeProof instructions and passed. Did it Twice. Did 40 min of stand up paddle and in the end just got out of the board into the water for a few seconds. Got home and noticed the phone was not turning on. Put it into the power, nothing. Removed it out of the case and realized it was completely wet. Took the phone to apple representative in my town and was informed phone had no repair. Got in touch with LifeProof, all pictures sent and they realized something was wrong with my case and a new one is on the way. For what? I don't thrust their products anymore. Never! Who is going to pay for my new Iphone? LifeProof....stay away!
Ricardo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.