Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
Just got this email too ! But I wonder when these will be available at other online retailers, specifically Amazon. I get free two day shipping with prime and theres often discounted pricing on there , although, maybe only on black color ways. Trying to decide if I should continue the wait out it or just buy through lifeproof

Is the black one on Amazon yet? Or anywhere besides Lifeproof?

TheChrisBlaze

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
If I recall from the iPhone 5 cases, there were a few iterations over the life of the case. Any of you plan on waiting a bit before purchasing the case? How long do you plan to wait?

They're pretty good about swapping your old lifeproof case for a new one if your current case is exhibiting problems (faulty o ring, buttons on case don't work, screen not clear). They usually come out with a new iteration within a year, so I intended on getting it as quickly as possible and hopefully swapping within the year.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Just googled Lifeproof iPhone 6 expecting nothing but its out! And I checked my email and they notified me too lol Anyone get it yet? I gotta wait a week before I can buy it :/ I'm wondering how the overall thickness of the case with the phone is compared to the 5s....not that I care but I've gotten used to this thinness fad already lol.

I really love the LifeProof case...I don't have to worry about so many stupid things in Life like potentially having to leave my iPhone in a place where it could get stolen because I'll be near water, extreme outside activities, etc. I just hope touch ID is responsive.

evolkatie

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Just got my order in. I have a 6+ so I'll have to wait till bf gets back home to test for fitment. Problem I am having is I think my Touch ID membrane is misaligned. From the front of the case, I can feel the tacky parts that should be stuck to the back of the case. Anyone else's like this or do I need to send it back for another. It snaps together and keeps water out fine at least. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416939154.206598.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416939178.775895.jpg

AppleZombie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
SoCal
I received my case today. In my opinion this product is much better than the one released for the 5. The one problem I did find was the home button having a sticky sound. Other than that the case is very nice with the silver outline added to the black case. Highly recommended.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I like the case a lot (fre for regular 6), but the piece for the mute doesn't do anything at all. Anyone else experiencing this?

lembowski

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2010
If I recall from the iPhone 5 cases, there were a few iterations over the life of the case. Any of you plan on waiting a bit before purchasing the case? How long do you plan to wait?

Hopefully they make a revised one with a bigger lightning port hole. Had to return mine since I have to use a 30 pin to lightning adaptor in my car. And it is to big.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I like the case a lot (fre for regular 6), but the piece for the mute doesn't do anything at all. Anyone else experiencing this?

What I've always done is place the phone in the front, try the mute toggle and if it doesn't work I take the phone out flip the switch on the phone and repeat. If it doesn't work either way your case is defective. Be sure to unscrew the headphone plug before starting to put it on.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Pretty uncool that LifeProof's Black Friday email subject line is "Don't forget: 25% off all LifeProof cases", but says excludes iPhone 6 in fine print in the email. Weak.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Not sure why they're dragging their feet with their 6+ cases. Is it really that hard to make a slightly bigger case for the 6+?

lembowski

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2010
Not sure why they're dragging their feet with their 6+ cases. Is it really that hard to make a slightly bigger case for the 6+?

They are only making the Nuud for the 6+ and they have not yet released the Nuud for the 6.

udontno

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
VA, USA
Any good reviews on the case from someone that already has it? How is the sound quality when you are in a call? Does the Touch ID work well?

I'm holding out until I hear some good reviews and they have better colors out.

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
i always end up using my lg tones or any bluetooth for that matter every time i had life proof case on in past. Generally you will sacrifice some sound quality in these types of cases.

Any good reviews on the case from someone that already has it? How is the sound quality when you are in a call? Does the Touch ID work well?

I'm holding out until I hear some good reviews and they have better colors out.

tayluftwaffel

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
So I got my iPhone 6 the day it came out. I've been waiting for LifeProof to release their cases for the iPhone 6 for over a week now.. anyone know when they will release their cases? What's taking them so long? Otterbox and Speck released their cases the day the phone came out.. and many other phone cases manufactures. Who else is waiting to get a LifeProof case for their iPhone 6/6 Plus?

Dare I ask which cuss word you were blurring out in your title? I can't think of anything that would require so many shift8's.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Looking to pick up a Lifeproof case for an upcoming vacation. I recall in the past (and why I did not buy one) was that you could only remove the phone X amount of times before the lifeproof case is useless.

Is that still the case with the iphone 6 version? I want to use the lifeproof during the day to take photos in the water and such, and remove it at night so my phone will slip into my pocket easier.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Anyone else's headphone corner slightly cracked open appearing and not flush like rest of case? Yes, it's snapped together but wondering if I should be worried...

deadgame01

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
They are available at Walmart as well.

FYI - Just purchased a black Fre for my iPhone 6 at a local Walmart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.