Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I used to read cnet. Lately the editors that do the front page are very anti-apple and it has ruined that publication for me. Every item discussed is compared to a similar Apple item, then the reasons why the other device is better and they go on and on. There is never an article saying the pros and cons of a new item, just the comparison and deragetory remarks.
They fill my inbox day after day, I unsubscribe but keep getting their newsletters.
I do like Apple stuff, but have and use other electronics as well. Use what you need and enjoy what you use. Period.
Before someone asks for a link, just do a google search for c-net and simply read the first thing you see.
Its a real shame, I used to enjoy reading them.
Sorry about the rant.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Lately? Cnet has been anti-apple for years.

Relative to me I guess. I've only followed the Applebyte, and only for s few months. It was basically pro Apple but childish sometimes. So I assumed the rest of the publication may have leaned that way. Yes, I was wrong. The lady that does the front page is basically..... hateful IMO :rolleyes:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Relative to me I guess. I've only followed the Applebyte, and only for s few months. It was basically pro Apple but childish sometimes. So I assumed the rest of the publication may have leaned that way. Yes, I was wrong. The lady that does the front page is basically..... hateful IMO :rolleyes:

'Hateful' is a rather strong word to use in such circumstances.

Yes, I read C-Net, whenever I want to see what they have to say about something, (a topic or a product) and yes, they are not particularly enamoured of Apple products, but, you know what? As it happens, I read a lot of pro-Apple stuff while passing many a merry hour online here.

I don't feel the need to be surrounded by those who agree with - or share - my political, religious, or technological preferences. Life would be very boring were every encounter to be part of a self-referential bubble, reinforcing choices and preferences.

For that matter, I don't need to bathe in the warm and fuzzy glow of fervent mutual Apple adoration, much though I like some Apple products. (Indeed, I have long felt rather uneasy at the cult like fervour with which the late Mr Jobs - whom I acknowledge to have been an extraordinarily impressive visionary and an excellent business an - is regarded by some here).

Instead, sometimes, I want to hear what The Other Lot say, and more importantly, why they say it.

That means that I read it to find out what else is going on, why they like what they do, and what they think of it, and why their dislikes take the form they do. So be it. Some tech periodicals and magazines will just dislike Apple - for reasons that may seem both rational and irrational.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.