Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackintosh7

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2014
The odds of getting in are much greater then last year. 350 spots and this year less people are going out for the scholarship. Dont worry about it you did the best you can :)

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
I know the feel, guys. After comparing to other's apps on Youtube, I feel like mine is not up to par. At least I learned quite a bit making the app!

Have you guys uploaded your apps to Youtube?

Also, why is everyone so sure that there are less people applying this year? There seems to be more/at least as many scholarship app videos uploaded to Youtube as last year, no?

Last edited:

dhruvramani98

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Guys looking at the number of repositories at github, number of people on this thread and the considering others also, I don't think more than 200 people applied.

jackintosh7

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2014
Yes if I were to put a number on it I would say only 500 people went for it no more then 1,000. Due to the time constraint, and the Swift requirement people just didn't bother.

MShahmeer

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2015
Hmm, I'd pin it between 1k-1500...

But the lower the number, the better for us, right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
I sure hope what you guys are predicting is true, but I'm too scared of getting my hopes up. Good luck everyone nevertheless! Don't know how I'll cope the coming week until the response..

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
Honestly, thinking about WWDC and browsing this thread gets me nervous. I guess I'm just overthinking it. My friends say I'll do just fine because they like the app but they haven't seen the other apps around nor they aren't developers.

I even thought of setting up an alarm at 2 AM to immediately check if I won but that sounds too crazy :D.

SebastianD

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2015
Europe
Honestly, thinking about WWDC and browsing this thread gets me nervous. I guess I'm just overthinking it. My friends say I'll do just fine because they like the app but they haven't seen the other apps around nor they aren't developers.

I even thought of setting up an alarm at 2 AM to immediately check if I won but that sounds too crazy :D.

Guys, you're definitely overthinking it :). Forget about it for now. Just wait for the announcement day, patiently. Nonetheless we've all learned something from this experience, no matter what the result will be.

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
My Apple Watch is due to finally arrive tomorrow so it will be cool to try my app on it for the first time. It should keep my distracted until the 8th!

antbell

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
I made one also (whatamiflyingon.strikingly.com). I am 14 and from Switzerland.

To the ones who are saying that 1k people are applying, I think there are a bit more now because they accept people from "STEM Organisations" also.

Wish you good luck and hope to see you there :)

antbell

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
Oops

Just saw all the apps, and no more dreams... Do you think that because I did my app on something that interested me instead of about me will make me fail ? I hope not but I would accept it as I am not doing the right thing...

Woakley5

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
I sure hope what you guys are predicting is true, but I'm too scared of getting my hopes up. Good luck everyone nevertheless! Don't know how I'll cope the coming week until the response..

Boy, couldn't agree more, I want that ticket but Im not sure that my app is up to par with a lot of these posted here. I mean about 350 spots but I've only seen about 20 example apps on YouTube. Who knows about those other 330 apps right?! Keepin it positive! :):)

----------

Do they accept people in 2015 that were accepted for the 2014 scholarship? Cuz I've seen a lot of YouTube examples from people that also submitted apps last year. Just curious

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Boy, couldn't agree more, I want that ticket but Im not sure that my app is up to par with a lot of these posted here. I mean about 350 spots but I've only seen about 20 example apps on YouTube. Who knows about those other 330 apps right?! Keepin it positive! :):)

----------

Do they accept people in 2015 that were accepted for the 2014 scholarship? Cuz I've seen a lot of YouTube examples from people that also submitted apps last year. Just curious

Having looked at a few of this year's submissions, I noticed quite a few people that had mentioned in their apps that they had attended WWDC multiple times (with the scholarship).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.