Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Good luck everyone!
I just applied, and realised I attached my .ipa file as an .ipa file and not as a ZIP-file. However, I received the "we've received your application" message.
Do I have to withdraw my application anyway and attach it as a ZIP file again?

devos50

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Good luck everyone!
I just applied, and realised I attached my .ipa file as an .ipa file and not as a ZIP-file. However, I received the "we've received your application" message.
Do I have to withdraw my application anyway and attach it as a ZIP file again?

I believe it's an error on the website since technically the .ipa can be seen as a compressed file. Don't think it's needed to withdraw your application ;)

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
I believe it's an error on the website since technically the .ipa can be seen as a compressed file. Don't think it's needed to withdraw your application ;)

Ok, thank you! :) Do you know if it is possible to re-apply after withdrawing an application?

Mojica

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
Yes, you can reapply. I accidentally pressed the withdraw button earlier and had to resubmit.

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
I'm almost ready to submit mine, but I've just noticed that the project file size is 132mb. Anyone know how to get this down? I have 52mb worth of images which I could compress.

shusain93

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
Just applied! I'll make a video tomorrow, but for now I have some screenshots. I just found out last Sunday and have been working hours on end. Saturday and now Sunday have been all nights. It's 2am right now, just submitted. Anyways, since its only 12 hours until registrations close, here are screenshots of my app

http://imgur.com/a/iisyr

----------

I'm almost ready to submit mine, but I've just noticed that the project file size is 132mb. Anyone know how to get this down? I have 52mb worth of images which I could compress.

You can go up to 100mb, so it shouldn't be a problem unless the connection drops or you have a slow network

MShahmeer

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2015
Hey guys!

First time poster here. I just turned 14 and am applying from Pakistan. I've been working on it nonstop for a couple of days and it's almost ready. There's still 13 1/2 hours left till submission though!

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Just applied! I'll make a video tomorrow, but for now I have some screenshots. I just found out last Sunday and have been working hours on end. Saturday and now Sunday have been all nights. It's 2am right now, just submitted. Anyways, since its only 12 hours until registrations close, here are screenshots of my app

http://imgur.com/a/iisyr

Your app looks great! I think you have a good chance of winning a ticket :) How old are you?

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Can anyone help me with this?

I am ready to submit my app, however I have a bit of an issue. When I go into the 'Developer' folder and right click on my project, it tells me that the size of the project is 129mb. Obviously the limit is 100mb so I can't submit it like that. I have compressed all of my images and reduced their sizes so that they only take up around 30mb now, but I'm still over the limit. So I have two questions -

1) What could be taking up all of the space?

2) Am I trying to zip the correct folder?

shusain93

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
Can anyone help me with this?

I am ready to submit my app, however I have a bit of an issue. When I go into the 'Developer' folder and right click on my project, it tells me that the size of the project is 129mb. Obviously the limit is 100mb so I can't submit it like that. I have compressed all of my images and reduced their sizes so that they only take up around 30mb now, but I'm still over the limit. So I have two questions -

1) What could be taking up all of the space?

2) Am I trying to zip the correct folder?

Build->Clean. Maybe that will do it. You could also download the app disk daisy(30day free trial) and point it towards your folder and it will show which folders inside are taking up the most memory.

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Do you have lots of text, animations or videos?

I seem to have fixed the issue. I uncovered the hidden files and noticed that there was a 93mb .git file in there which I have now removed. File size is now 37mb. That's a relief...

Thanks anyway!

merkkijon

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
What about the .ipa requirement: Can you create .ipa file without a paid developer program?
On the submit page it says .ipa is required but in the guidelines only zip file of the project is required.

shusain93

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
What about the .ipa requirement: Can you create .ipa file without a paid developer program?
On the submit page it says .ipa is required but in the guidelines only zip file of the project is required.

I don't think you can make an IPA with Xcode without the right signing certificates. Do your best to make one manually and when it doesn't work for them they should build and run from Xcode

----------

Also, we're told that we will be notified by May 8. Does that mean we can find out earlier?

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
I almost finished developing my app and it turned out nicely. I hope I get that ticket! :)

I put in at least 80+ hours.

Also, we're told that we will be notified by May 8. Does that mean we can find out earlier?

Most probably not. We won't have to wait too much time, though. :)

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
So what do I need to zip? Did everyone else just zip the project file that is in the 'Developer' folder on your Mac?

Mine contains all the images, storyboards, code, tests and the actual project. Does that sounds correct?

shusain93

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
So what do I need to zip? Did everyone else just zip the project file that is in the 'Developer' folder on your Mac?

Mine contains all the images, storyboards, code, tests and the actual project. Does that sounds correct?

I made two ZIPs

Zip1:
-IPA file signed with App Store certs

Zip2:
-Entire project dictionary
(Meaning Xcode project dictionary, storyboards, images, code files, etc all as they were on the system. I just right clicked on my project folder and hit compress)

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
I made two ZIPs

Zip1:
-IPA file signed with App Store certs

Zip2:
-Entire project dictionary
(Meaning Xcode project dictionary, storyboards, images, code files, etc all as they were on the system. I just right clicked on my project folder and hit compress)

Sounds like I've done it right then. Thanks a lot!

Just to confirm, you archived your app and then clicked 'Export' and 'Save for iOS App Store Deployment'?

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
How long did the confirmation page take to load for you guys? Mine has been loading for about the last 30 mins...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.