Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I'm sure when +20inch wheel came out, people made the same type of comments.

Just because it seems simple doesn't mean it's not creative right?

50" LCD panels already existed in TVs... so what's so "creative" about making a 5" panel for a phone?

That's what I was saying earlier... you can make an LCD panel in almost any size imaginable.

One is no more creative than the other.

If you already have X... then X+1 isn't that difficult to imagine and build.

I will agree that new panel technologies can be creative... OLED, IGZO, etc.

But simply "plussing" something you already have isn't very creative.

You're right... if you can make an 18" wheel.... a 20" wheel isn't really that special.

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
You were looking at the media and bloggers. They don't need anything more than an iPad. Developers need something with a lot more muscle than a MBP.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP9752-S.html

yeah developers need a gaming laptop. nice one. :rolleyes: Since when did a coder need a 980 GPU??

----------

All over the world, developers know the value of OSX - just pop into a good shop anywhere and you'll see rows of Macs. There's a reason Silicon Valley made the joke/observation when the crew was at Tech Crunch: "A banged up 15-inch MacBook Pro with ****** stickers on it? Everyone here has a beat up 15-inch MacBook Pro ..." :D

I was in SF [again] a few weeks ago, and we used a nice work site to pound away at a prototype all day, pretty big joint - about 85% Macs. Many of these folks weren't sitting around surfing the net, they were writing badass apps, coding in Obj-C, Node, Rails (a couple of slick startups we chatted up) - and in our case, writing C++ and doing VR design and development.

Speaking of Microsoft, a good friend of mine, author, MS VIP, is at MS Ignite doing a couple of technical talks, and uses a Mac (along with plenty of other notable people in the industry). It's the mix of a *NIX based machine with terrific hardware, a warranty and OEM support network, an availability of commercial software all mixed into a super flexible platform (VMs, cross platform dev, etc.)

:cool:

Yep they changed TechEd's name to Ignite this year. Most of the Microsoft software guys used Mac's it's just the norm. What was even funnier was when using the localhost on the mac to run a Sharepoint demo, it loads almost instantly compared to the PC laptop the other presenter was using. Even they themselves were a bit taken back.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Funny thread overall.

Why are people so judgmental about how so many people think tattoos are trash??

Its my opinion! I can feel anyway that I want about tattoos! If I think they are trash thats what I think.

And Im not stupid for it either. I have a very well thought out and intelligent, psychologically and sociologically sound reason for criticizing it.

I believe its almost always a manifestation of emotional immaturity and a misguided attempt at attention whoring by those who are otherwise incapable of being adequately social and is a product of insecurity in the realm of self image.

I have tons of intelligent reasons for thinking its "lame" to get them, --and the people attacking my opinion are worse than me having that opinion. You're the bully for trying to tell me that I can't think that way about people with tattoos.

Its a trite, generic, one-note expression of insecurity, mortality, and social anxiety. Every tattoo is the same exact expression, a 1-note expression. Its not art. Its misguided sadness and fear and pain. Like wow YOLO we are all mortals and will die one day let me be a unique individual. Let my tats cry. The emotional resonance of someone who is not self aware enough nor confident in their own skin (literally) so they seek out a way to lower social anxiety by having that ice breaker displayed on them.

"Hey nice tat. What does it mean?"

The only people more generically dull than people who get tattoos are the ones impressed by them.

Don't try to control my opinions or lump me in with simple bigots just based on the fact that I have that stance. You don't know me or my reasons.

Respect my right to be intolerant against things I believe to be foolish. I have good reasons.

I even have reason for spreading my bias and influence because I don't want my daughters one day thinking its cool. Its my prerogative to make tattoos uncool in fact. Thats just my opinion. They are psychological traps for young people who regret them later and got them in times of mental weakness or mental underdevelopment.

Also most of you don't understand what the term hipster means. Most true hipsters don't (or didnt) have tattoos. Hipster doesnt mean "one who is trendy" its way more subtle than that.

Last edited:

SirCheese

Suspended
Sep 30, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
Unfortunately (for all Samsung fans), I'm not wrong. Unless you work for Samsung (and are upper management) you have no idea how good or bad they are doing. When the S5 was released they claimed that it was selling like hotcakes...and now we know what a dud that model was. All we really know is that they have struggled - to put it mildly - for more than a year.
Keep thinking you aren't. It's amusing.

----------

So you admit that you are doing the same, huh?

If you take your blinders off you will realise that Samsung sales have been decreasing dramatically for months. Feel free to try spin that in a positive way by writing a couple of words and adding rolleyes at the end.

Here, you can copy and paste one these to make things easier for you:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I know they are, doesn't change the fact as much as you would like it too :rolleyes:

coregamer

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
I think that this is rather Samsungs response to Apple copying THEIR smartwatch!
Samsung had Smartwatches YEARS before Apple did.

Nobody complained when Apple copied THEM.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think that this is rather Samsungs response to Apple copying THEIR smartwatch!
Samsung had Smartwatches YEARS before Apple did.

Nobody complained when Apple copied THEM.
Apple Watch is a copy of Samsung's smartwatches, or simply another smartwatch? There's a fairly big distinction between the two.

coregamer

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
Apple Watch is a copy of Samsung's smartwatches, or simply another smartwatch? There's a fairly big distinction between the two.

That doesn´t matter that there have been OTHER smartwatches before the Apple watch.
Samsung was simply the "biggest" competitor(with biggest market share).

Same with iPhone - there were OTHER smartphones before APPLE EVEN MADE iPHONE,
Samsung-F700-vs-iPhone.jpg

But again, iPhone was just biggest name, and so that is what Samsung "copied" OVER THE YEARS. (even though in the picture it is shown, that Samsung actually came out with a smartphone before apple did...)
_________

Second point: Don´t you think that a company that MADE PHONES FOR YEARS wouldn´t MAKE TOUCHSCREEN PHONES, even if iPhone hadn´t appeared?
They simply observed the TREND, as did hundreds of other companies, including Google,Motorola,HTC and so on...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That doesn´t matter that there have been OTHER smartwatches before the Apple watch.
Samsung was simply the "biggest" competitor(with biggest market share).

Same with iPhone - there were OTHER smartphones before APPLE EVEN MADE iPHONE, Image

But again, iPhone was just biggest name, and so that is what Samsung "copied" OVER THE YEARS. (even though in the picture it is shown, that Samsung actually came out with a smartphone before apple did...)
_________

Second point: Don´t you think that a company that MADE PHONES FOR YEARS wouldn´t MAKE TOUCHSCREEN PHONES, even if iPhone hadn´t appeared?
They simply observed the TREND, as did hundreds of other companies, including Google,Motorola,HTC and so on...
The main keyword and point in all of it is "copy". When something is essentially a copy of something it's one thing, when something is simply another instance of something it's another thing (and not a copy). Again, a rather big distinction there.

coregamer

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
The main keyword and point in all of it is "copy". When something is essentially a copy of something it's one thing, when something is simply another instance of something it's another thing (and not a copy). Again, a rather big distinction there.

picasso-great-artists-steal.jpg

Pablo Picasso: "Good artists copy, great artists steal."
boycottapple.png

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
Seriously Samesung WTF. You just letting the remaining of your loyal fans down.
Go have a # in ⛽️ N think of your own innovative ideas. Big let down from a big company. Voice is so annoying also.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
And? Clearly you can not even comprehend what it is trying to say.
With that being said, don´t bother responding - I won´t reply.

C DM's question is valid.

I agree that it is you who seems to be having difficulty comprehending the meaning behind Steve Jobs' statement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.