Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
just a random snippet from the web. i thought i would try it out, and here are the fruits of my labour: we can always count on google!

:D

S

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 562

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
webcookie said:
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
that's how it's spelled on the mary poppins soundtrack cd.

not something you want to admit to owning

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
I remember it being produced by my grandmother whenever we'd go and visit - as a Salvationist there weren't many films that she approved of. I'm off to fly a kite (up to the highest height).

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
Now I always liked to think it went:

Chim, Chimeney, Chim, Chimeney, Chim, chim cheroo

but perhaps our resident expert with the lyrics could tell me how it was really spelt - the above is best intoned with a mock cockney accent just like Dick would do.

Come along now, spit spot.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
jimN said:
Now I always liked to think it went:

Chim, Chimeney, Chim, Chimeney, Chim, chim cheroo

but perhaps our resident expert with the lyrics could tell me how it was really spelt - the above is best intoned with a mock cockney accent just like Dick would do.

Come along now, spit spot.

That's "Chim-Chim-Cheree," which won an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

I don't own the soundtrack, but do have the DVD. I'm not ashamed.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
iSaint said:
Great movie. Dick Van Dyke is really talented.

To my mind his greatest work has been in diagnosis murder alongside his own son. What i really like is how stars from other hit series tend to turn up - the episode with Quincy in really made my day when i saw it.

He's certainly the most convincing american playing an englishman that i've ever seen on screen

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
WildCowboy said:
That's "Chim-Chim-Cheree," which won an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

I don't own the soundtrack, but do have the DVD. I'm not ashamed.

Is that the same Academy that gave the award to Uncle F**ka and It ain't easy being a pimp (or whatever this year's winner was called).

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
w_parietti22 said:
look at the 5th link...

What was it? It'll be different depending on how you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidotious. :) Oddly enough, when I tried this just now, I didn't get a spelling correction...I tried several different spellings and I got hits on all of them. I think it only offers you spelling corrections if an adjacent spelling is a real word or has significantly more hits than the one you chose?

Anyways, it *is* funny. :)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
jimN said:
Is that the same Academy that gave the award to Uncle F**ka and It ain't easy being a pimp (or whatever this year's winner was called).

Whats wrong with those...i mean i'm not a big fan of being a pimp or the F$$ uncle but the songs made a point.

Just like picking.....may it be from enya.....does it matter if its easy being a pimp.:)

Bless

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Hum diddlediddlediddlyumdiddle-eye

how funny we just watched that with the nieces last week

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
jimN said:
To my mind his greatest work has been in diagnosis murder alongside his own son. What i really like is how stars from other hit series tend to turn up - the episode with Quincy in really made my day when i saw it.

He's certainly the most convincing american playing an englishman that i've ever seen on screen
But even then, he's pretty rubbish :D

I'd agree that Diagnosis Murder is probably his best work. When is it that his grandson also appears?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.