Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I've got my girlfriend wanting to switch from Windows to a MacBook. But she has a Sony Walkman mp3 player. Is there anyway to use that with iTunes until she (or I) save up enough to buy an iPod for her?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
asxtb said:
I've got my girlfriend wanting to switch from Windows to a MacBook. But she has a Sony Walkman mp3 player. Is there anyway to use that with iTunes until she (or I) save up enough to buy an iPod for her?

I think there might be a plug-in, search VersionTracker for it.

Labi

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2005
asxtb said:

I have a Sony Ericsson W800i walkman phone and I couldn't get it to sync with iTunes but here's what I do: I choose a playlist, select all track from it and copy them, the paste them to a new folder. Then with phone's software (Disc2Phone) I upload those tracks into my mobile.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
I may be late to respond, but this app looks like it may do the trick. I don't have a Sony Walkman to try, but I would like do this with the latest Walkman.

http://ilari.scheinin.fidisk.fi/itunemywalkman/

x-series.jpg

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
Late is better than never, right. :) So will the Walkman sync like an iPod with iTunes as long as the contents does not have DRM?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.