Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVDSP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
Southwick, MA
Can't figure it out.

I use the OS X Mail app for all my email. For some reason, when I click on a link in an email nothing happens. This is a fairly new problem. For a long time I haven't been able to click on links in the NY Times Circuits email but that was it. Now it's in everything. I don't get it.

Any ideas?

John

altivec 2003

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2003
Texas
):

I've noticed this too but I don't know what the problem is. It is not that it just has started to happen. Occasionally it will happen but other times it will not. Hope the next mail update fixes this... :rolleyes:

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
lame

i've noticed when i click on links it pulls up IE instead of Safari. where do i change this? couldn't find it in prefs.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Re: lame

Originally posted by neut
i've noticed when i click on links it pulls up IE instead of Safari. where do i change this? couldn't find it in prefs.

you change your default system browser in System Preferences. it's not difficult. default browsers are a concept on all platforms.

pnw

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
system preferences then click internet then click the web tab. U will se a list of installed browsers. All you need to do is set safri and yoru default and your set. Enjoy. All links will now open in safari

mattmack

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2002
San Francisco Area
Re: OS X Mail - can't click on links

Originally posted by DVDSP
Can't figure it out.

I use the OS X Mail app for all my email. For some reason, when I click on a link in an email nothing happens. This is a fairly new problem. For a long time I haven't been able to click on links in the NY Times Circuits email but that was it. Now it's in everything. I don't get it.

Any ideas?

John
I just browsed apple Knowledge bases and found an interesting discussion on this topic. It seems that it has to do with the way the mail is sent and formatted. It seems the link gets truncated if it is emmbedded in the message poorly. Not much help but at least its an answer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.