Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Anyone bought the album and had this trouble? Got the pre-order e-mail last night and it downloaded everything but the first song on the album (9 Crimes). I e-mailed Apple, but has this happened to anyone else? What did Apple do to correct it?

MrFirework

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Yup

Anyone bought the album and had this trouble? Got the pre-order e-mail last night and it downloaded everything but the first song on the album (9 Crimes). I e-mailed Apple, but has this happened to anyone else? What did Apple do to correct it?

I sent them an email. Dammit.

On a related note, I'm a little dissapointed with the album. O was amazing... literally life-changing. This? Kinda folk-poppy. Granted, I've had it for a few hours now so I'll hold off judgement.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I had an issue downloading the Lily Allen album a while back. It downloaded all but the last two tracks. I emailed Apple and they refunded me for the entire album. Result really as I got to keep the tracks that worked and then downloaded the two that didn't for £1.58 so an entire album for £1.58 effectively :)

MrFirework

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Problem

I had an issue downloading the Lily Allen album a while back. It downloaded all but the last two tracks. I emailed Apple and they refunded me for the entire album. Result really as I got to keep the tracks that worked and then downloaded the two that didn't for £1.58 so an entire album for £1.58 effectively :)

Problem #1: It was a Lilly Allen album. :p

... seriously, though, that's good info. Thanks.

JW008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
On a related note, I'm a little dissapointed with the album. O was amazing... literally life-changing. This? Kinda folk-poppy. Granted, I've had it for a few hours now so I'll hold off judgement.

I agree after the first two or three listens, but I think of how long it took me to really "get" O. Literally life-changing is right. I don't dislike 9, but I don't see the same potential in it as I did O. Of course I'd rather have a disappointing Damien Rice album than 99.9% of everything else out there.

Also, thanks for the heads up, MacRy. I hope that's what happens here.

JW008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Apple e-mailed me back and it was made available to me. Oddly enough the album art doesn't match the album art from the rest of the album...oh well.

JW008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
me too - odd, that

It seems a little anal-retentive on my part, but I e-mailed Apple back about the problems I'm having with the album. In addition to the album art not matching (which is a fairly easy fix--just copy and paste the one from the other downloads), it won't show up with the rest of the album. When I list the album in order, it has 9 Crimes showing up as that last track instead of the first. I tried everything (deleting all the info and manually reenterting it, etc. etc.), but cannot get it to sync up with the rest of the album. Here's the response Apple sent me:

I'm sorry to hear that your purchase did not download properly. Apple is currently working toward a resolution for the issue you have reported. You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available.

Thank you for your patience. Apple wants your iTunes experience to be as enjoyable as possible.

MrFirework

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Hah

It seems a little anal-retentive on my part, but I e-mailed Apple back about the problems I'm having with the album. In addition to the album art not matching (which is a fairly easy fix--just copy and paste the one from the other downloads), it won't show up with the rest of the album. When I list the album in order, it has 9 Crimes showing up as that last track instead of the first. I tried everything (deleting all the info and manually reenterting it, etc. etc.), but cannot get it to sync up with the rest of the album. Here's the response Apple sent me:

Yeah, you took it one step further than I did, that's for sure. Let me know what happens, alright?

mixssed-up

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2006
Damien Rice 9 Crimes track will not play on iPod Shuffle

I have had a problem with the Damien Rice song "9 Crimes." It will not play on my 1st generation iPod shuffle, which is upsetting because that is my preferred method of listening to music in my car.

I have spent a lot of time on this and spoken/chatted with 3 Apple Care reps. The latest advice, by an American, was to re-purchase the song. I have done that and it still does not work.

The iPod has been in use for about 3 months and otherwise functions perfectly. It currently has about 100 other tracks on it which play as expected. It simply refuses to play "9 Crimes" through the headphone jack. This song was purchased through the iTunes music store and plays fine through the 2 Macs and 1 PC that I have authenticated.

I have put too much time into this, but am prepared to devote more. Tomorrow I will try to call Apple Care one more time (so annoying their limited hours, especially since they are in India - seems like it should be 24 hour support). If they can not help me I'm taking it to an Apple retail store and see what the geniuses can come up with.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. There are a number of things I have tried; if anyone wants I can provide more detail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.